The Acolyte (Disney+) | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

The Acolyte (Disney+)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
but would it have worked as a movie?
I mean, I think the story is not strong enough to even be comic

But could they fit the core story into 2 and a half hour film? 100%

Especially when he villains motive is.....I'm bad and want to use powers that I have been using for years in secret but...screw it I want to kill Jedi now

Reactions: SeventyOne
Well here we are.....the show ends and they really want a season 2 with the two cameo's they have in this episode because...why stand on your own with good new characters and story telling like Andor or Mando. No no we need to being in fan favorites and deep lore characters if we want a season 2

I do want to give the positives of the series

The action is well done, but it reminds me of what Redletter media said about the prequels the action is cool but if their is no emotional attachment to the characters then all it is is action figures being smooshed together.

They had a cool a cool space chase scene and then randomly for no reason given..... basal the alien just sabotages the ship he is on? Its like the writers were like....well the "good guys" will clearly win, so better add a random event so they can't

Back to what most the show is...rushed, not well written and poorly acted.

Also Disney writers have a boner, like the largest one ever to make the Jedi suck. They hate the Jedi, its so clear with how Sol, Torbin and Vernestra Rwoh. Speaking of which fun fact Vernestra Rwoh is married to the main writer.

I'll get into spoilers now
Osha and Mei are literally the same person.......whatever like twins same people who cares they both are literally soooooo easy to mold into whatever the plot demands. Mei needs to be good she is good, Osha is now a sith but Mei doesnt want revenage any more? The characters were literally so interchnagable they just switched who was the normal citzen and who was the sith

Hey is that Darth Plagueis just hiding in a cave? Well anyway back to the story, if you want to see more of him (dear god no...not with this writing team) you need to tell Disney to make a season 2 of this show because it literaly has to tie into the Skywalker saga because.

Yoda is here too because rememember Yoda? He can't talk because Lucas film was like, no you can't use him yet unless fans want more. Another bread cumb that makes fans want a season 2...even if Yoda had nothing to do with the story

The stranger seems to be Vernestra Rwohwho went to the dark side but once again season 2 if you want to know more.

So yeah basicailly the story and mystory is pretty weak. Instead of a cool series where every episode we go to a new planet and see Jedi and other factions interacting its mostly about one group of the stupiest jedi around, reusing sets over and over again and I could not really tell you much of how this timeline is different from the prequels from thsi series.
The Series just really doesn't paint a picture of much, even a New Hope with its 1/4 the run time of this paints a good picture of the Empire and Rebels but here we get very little if its your first time watching Star Wars it really doesn't define Jedi well or even Sith.
Instead of making the best story they could have and using a new era to show how the Jedi used to be...its all about one boring person that I guess is boring because they split her into two people and making a villain with a motive that from this season makes nooooo sense. He wants to us power and not have the Jedi know who he is...I mean bro you were already doing that if you didn't attack the Jedi would not care what your up to.

Anyway if you liked the series becausr the fights being cool please post about it....but I'm really tired of good action being an excuse that this show is good because of something that happening 4 times in an 8 episode series, if you like the action cool but without the story behind it, its just scenes you can watch on youtube and be like cool and move on...story's and characters are what make something last beyond the few mins after watching something

So now that it’s over… is it worth a binge? How long are the episodes?
30-40 mins

I mean, you do you.

I found it pretty boring. I watched the last 3 episodes within a 24 hour period doesn't help with most of the issues with the show. The Pacing sucks, even if you watch them all the pacing is still slow, some episodes are clearly filler and padded out because this could have been a 2 and a half hour film
If you like Obi Wan and Boba Feet its about at those level if not worst but for sure its not Mando and not one line of this should would have made it into Andor, its the Anti Andor show.

Also now people are starting to add rumors the cameo's in the last episode were filmed later because interest in the show was low...not sure if true but one of them for sure could have been because its so random and leads no where and is just jammed in the middle of the finale episode

Reactions: SeventyOne
So now that it’s over… is it worth a binge? How long are the episodes?
Right around 30 minutes each without "previously on" and credits.

No, not really. I haven't seen even it's defenders say the ending worked. Wait for the fan edit that saves the impressive fights, cuts out the wandering around cheap sets.

Reactions: Jerroddragon

No, not really. I haven't seen even it's defenders say the ending worked. Wait for the fan edit that saves the impressive fights, cuts out the wandering around cheap sets.
I feel like I’ve already been spoiled on the ending by twitter bc of a certain character that shows up.

Honesty this

Would not mind seeing a Fan edit, it can't fix everything but I'm sure it would be more enjoyable that way. Some cool fights but just unless they add new lines and motives I feel nothing for these characters, especially the main ones they are just empty voids that do what the plot needs them to do

Also I hope there is no season 2 and if enough time passes the show gets retconned. Yoda looks like such an idiot if he let both this and the sith take over happen...I mean come on I get if your blinded sided but these events show they knew about dark Jedi and sith pretty close to the clone wars so no idea how Maul was in doubt so much, when you have a "dark jedi" killing over 10 masters and taking one someone to train..I mean how is this not Sith? Like cool say Dark Jedi but they act in the prequels like no one has been a dark Jedi for 1,000 of years and sure you can have some i the outer rim that no one knows about but...they killed Jedi connected to the council, Yoda would have to be the stupidest person around not to remember this when Maul appears

if you love the Jedi, if you see them as good and you like what they represented in the past, avoid.
it just can’t be this stunning to y’all that the unelected religious order that exerts enormous political power and effectively operates as a galactic peace force is not unabashedly “good.” this show did a poor job of displaying the “grey” area (and frankly that’s been true in all Star Wars stuff outside of Andor imo) but it’s absolutely a legitimate proposition.

Reactions: imagin78
it just can’t be this stunning to y’all that the unelected religious order that exerts enormous political power and effectively operates as a galactic peace force is not unabashedly “good.” this show did a poor job of displaying the “grey” area (and frankly that’s been true in all Star Wars stuff outside of Andor imo) but it’s absolutely a legitimate proposition.
without going into spoilers, some decisions made didn't make sense, some stuff didn't make sense.

Disney has been all in on making the Jedi more not good guys for years

I don't really want to get into it but....I liked them when they were mostly good guys and not these grey figures who don't know basic right from wrong.

• Sad
Reactions: Lucky Planet

I don't really want to get into it but....I liked them when they were mostly good guys and not these grey figures who don't know basic right from wrong.
they are doing it with everything, DC, marvel, no more fully good guys, and that can be interesting. " flawed heroes, anti heroes" that can work really well. but it doesn't work every time.
I don't want a flawed grey Superman for example.

Reactions: Jerroddragon

I think the Jedi are more interesting when they are conflicted personally. TLJ was a great movie imo in part because of how they approached Luke. Many hate the movie because of that. Jedi: Fallen Order and Jedi: Survivor have great stories involving conflicted jedi as well.

I feel like stories involving conflicted jedi will almost always be controversial, except for maybe with Ahsoka, although some even have a problem with her. To write a conflicted jedi is infinitely harder than to write for a straight up good guy jedi or someone who is just a straight up baddie unlike say, Kylo Ren or Anakin, who were conflicted.

Reactions: Jake S
it's not just the writing, without spoilers I can just say, some characters did things that would never supposed to happen in sw. not from good guys
and I’m telling you that you’re wrong. your understanding of this whole thing is extremely narrow and limited.

Reactions: Clive
I think the Jedi are more interesting when they are conflicted personally. TLJ was a great movie imo in part because of how they approached Luke. Many hate the movie because of that. Jedi: Fallen Order and Jedi: Survivor have great stories involving conflicted jedi as well.

I feel like stories involving conflicted jedi will almost always be controversial, except for maybe with Ahsoka, although some even have a problem with her. To write a conflicted jedi in infinitely harder than to write for a straight up good guy jedi or someone who jis just a straight up baddie unlike say, Kylo Ren, who was conflicted.
When they are set up sure.

But for me Luke was not, to take a character to who wanted to save his father to....someone hiding because of a moment of weakest. Its sucks

Yoda and Obi Wan hid because they needed to wait for Luke and Leia to grow up, Luke just changed his entire character and also...fun its all off screen and most books and other media (battlefront 2 and Shadow of the Sith) show Luke the way he was written for

So I think you have your answer, go watch the show. I'm pretty sure you will enjoy it because I did not, just like the Last Jedi

But for me Luke was not, to take a character to who wanted to save his father to....someone hiding because of a moment of weakest. Its sucks
ah yes, the one moment of weakness (attempting to kill his nephew in cold blood!) that led to the death of dozens of children. why would that be a moment that shatters someone’s sense of self?

Reactions: Nick