The Amity Demolition Thread | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

The Amity Demolition Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Orlando Informer recorded this video on the 18th. Their description: "It starts with a quick shot of the new barges for the Cinematic Spectacular, but then you can see the new home of Bruce the Shark and construction progress in the old Amity area."

[video=youtube;F2rbVvtk6Xs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2rbVvtk6Xs[/video]

According to the City of Orlando Permit website, the new lagoon wall for Project 722 is at a standstill. The city is still waiting on information and payment from Universal. Also, just to give you an idea of the petty costs involved with such a project, just the permit fee is $2200.41 for the wall.

Last edited:
Also, just to give you an idea of the petty costs involved with such a product, just the permit fee is $2200.41 for the wall.

And that's just a PERMIT FEE!? :jaw: Dang, no wonder the city of Orlando makes serious bank! (Obviously for other reasons, lol, but I digress)

And that's just a PERMIT FEE!? :jaw: Dang, no wonder the city of Orlando makes serious bank! (Obviously for other reasons, lol, but I digress)

And the demolition was only $1005. I guess permits for new constructions cost more. The forthcoming demolition of the 2 buildings in Lost Continent were only $50 each.

And the demolition was only $1005. I guess permits for new constructions cost more. The forthcoming demolition of the 2 buildings in Lost Continent were only $50 each.

A lot more! This is the main reason we see so many parks utilizing old stations, bathrooms, kitchens etc etc... They get a huge break from government fee's and taxes for labeling the project as a renovation as opposed to new construction. The last few attractions that come to mind that did this were Transformers in Hollywood, most of Harry Potter at IOA, Despicable Me at the Studios, and Cheetah Hunt at BGT.

A lot more! This is the main reason we see some many parks utilizing old stations, bathrooms, kitchens etc etc... They get a huge break from government fee's and taxes for labeling the project as a renovation as opposed to new construction. The last few attractions that come to mind that did this were Transformers in Hollywood, most of Harry Potter at IOA, Despicable Me at the Studios, and Cheetah Hunt at BGT.

If the wall was $2000, I can't even imagine how much the rest of London will be. Yeesh.

A lot more! This is the main reason we see so many parks utilizing old stations, bathrooms, kitchens etc etc... They get a huge break from government fee's and taxes for labeling the project as a renovation as opposed to new construction. The last few attractions that come to mind that did this were Transformers in Hollywood, most of Harry Potter at IOA, Despicable Me at the Studios, and Cheetah Hunt at BGT.

And I believe this was done with Little Mermaid at MK... parts of the 20K building foundations were left buried underground when dismantled for this very reason.

Originally Posted by marni1971 (trusted insider at magic)
Potter will be open before that. Look at 24-30 months from now.

And that's just the start.

thougts?

A few over the wall pics from last week. Not much really but you can see they are starting to put stakes in to mark construction lines.

DSC00906.jpg

DSC00905.jpg

DSC00904.jpg

Reactions: BJCool
I have a theory. Either Christmas, OR if they do another Harry Potter Weekend like last year.

If we're really looking at a 2 year time frame. They really have to do the initial announcement sometime this year. Next year would be the more detailed announcement.

Will be interesting to see what they have up their sleeves in addition to the CityWalk Boardwalk/Decks coming next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.