The Amity Demolition Thread | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

The Amity Demolition Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No... that issue has been resolved. If you look at that condition, you'll see the status was updated to "Met" on 5/1/2012. Only when you see the status as Unmet is there a problem. The permit is also labeled "Invoiced-Ready for Payment", so it's not in review anymore.

No... that issue has been resolved. If you look at that condition, you'll see the status was updated to "Met" on 5/1/2012. Only when you see the status as Unmet is there a problem. The permit is also labeled "Invoiced-Ready for Payment", so it's not in review anymore.

It's been up for payment for a long time. Sorry, I missed the word "met" the only thing that stuck out was the date. I daresay I've read way too many words over the past few weeks.

Last edited:
Look, I don't want to get into an argument about something as trivial as the permit review process, but people not knowing how to read permits and posting every little detail is creating some misinformation on the forums.

The insufficiency in the plans, which prompted that comment, came during the review by electrical on 3/15/2012, when they were disapproved (DISA in the 1st image below). Revised electrical plans were submitted on 4/30/2012, and approved on 5/1/2012 (APPR in the 1st image below). Once the revised plans were approved, the status of that comment was updated to Met (2nd image below). If there had still been an issue, the status would still read Unmet, and the plans would have been disapproved (DISA).

permit001.jpg

permit002.jpg

But again, this is such a trivial process in the grand scheme of things, it's hardly even worth posting. But hopefully now people will better understand how the process works?

Last edited:
Look, I don't want to get into an argument about something as trivial as the permit review process, but people not knowing how to read permits and posting every little detail is creating some misinformation on the forums.

My mistake. It's been a long day, and frankly, I've been reading too much text. It's all blurring together now.

Didn't some one a few years ago say that Universal Studios will not remove Jaws or ET, as SS threat about removing the right for Universal to use Jurassic Park, which came after they removed ET from USH. I can't remember who said it but it was when ET was under renovation. If that was true how come they have removed Jaws. I am betting someone just wanted to have the rides stay around forever.

Didn't some one a few years ago say that Universal Studios will not remove Jaws or ET, as SS threat about removing the right for Universal to use Jurassic Park, which came after they removed ET from USH. I can't remember who said it but it was when ET was under renovation. If that was true how come they have removed Jaws. I am betting someone just wanted to have the rides stay around forever.

From what I understand, Spielberg is partial to the ET rides, but never liked the Jaws attraction.

But of course that's all hearsay and rumor, so who knows.

Reactions: Cwoolboy

I like making stupid posts on here. It aggravates people who know the facts to speak up and set us straight. Right? :wave:

Well the path has changed and now you are forced to walk by FFL. Also all the games are now located around FFL, the Jaws Restrooms, and the former entrance to the Jaws HHN house entrance.

IMG_1084.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg

IMG_1096.jpg

They should be starting work on the sea wall now that everything has been approved by the permit people. I feel like we haven't seen progress in a month. (and yes I realize I sound like an impatient brat.)

Thanks for the pics

Well the path has changed and now you are forced to walk by FFL. Also all the games are now located around FFL, the Jaws Restrooms, and the former entrance to the Jaws HHN house entrance.

That is a newly laid concrete walkway through old Amity, right? Also, why has that lattice topped fence been erected in the lagoon circle area?

^ The lattice was installed when they moved the Amity games over there. I imagine that it will either stay and games added there or removed. And the concrete is new.

Wow, for something that is presumably temporary, that walkway is a really expensive piece of concrete. Right up there with the temporary bridge (ha ha) built for potter.

Orlando Informer posted this video featuring the new concrete pathway:

[video=youtube;PNX-Gahp3L8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNX-Gahp3L8[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.