The Amity Demolition Thread | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

The Amity Demolition Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so you will all probably laugh, but I finally saw the last Potter film last night. Yeah Im a little behind. Anyway watching that Bank scene, I think that NOT making this a thrill ride/dark coaster would be a real diservice to the source material. That scene was basically a rollercoaster, if they make a ride like the Mummy I will be disappointed. Not sure how they will fit the dragon in there...

I mean more coaster then Mummy. Less show scenes, more thrill factor. Think Space Mountain or Rock and Roll Coaster.

- - - Updated - - -

i wonder if there will be a waterfall section..where you get wet...

^ NO Wetness! :lol: I think we can expect something Mummy like but with more show scenes revolving around another brand new ride system.

Guess there will be the dragon and the fountain of some sorts. Would be nice if they had a freefall section in the track like thirteen in alton towers uk to replicate the films drop, but don't really know how that could be implemented with the rest of the ride unless it was towards the end? :shrug:

Guess there will be the dragon and the fountain of some sorts. Would be nice if they had a freefall section in the track like thirteen in alton towers uk to replicate the films drop, but don't really know how that could be implemented with the rest of the ride unless it was towards the end? :shrug:

Now were talking! :thumbs:

I would say the drop in Verbolten is pretty close to what the ride designers could use to replicate the "Thief's Downfall" moment from the last film:

@ 0:15

[video=youtube;wfFwKaEcpLI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfFwKaEcpLI[/video]

Oh my! Want

HOLY CRAP! Where is this ride being built? Why can't BGT get such a cool coaster?

That's so awesome. If they did a freefall in the middle of the coaster, it would definitely be a ride more tailored for thrill seekers. That seems almost too thrilling for a Potter ride, but I guess anything is possible.

I would say the drop in Verbolten is pretty close to what the ride designers could use to replicate the "Thief's Downfall" moment from the last film:

@ 0:15

[video=youtube;wfFwKaEcpLI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfFwKaEcpLI[/video]

As someone who's ridden Verbolten, yes. Yes. Yes. This kind of thing NEEDS to be in Gringotts. The effect is amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

That's so awesome. If they did a freefall in the middle of the coaster, it would definitely be a ride more tailored for thrill seekers. That seems almost too thrilling for a Potter ride, but I guess anything is possible.

The freefall isn't all that thrilling. It's there for surprise more than thrills. It's no more than a 20 foot drop, if that.

oh, ok. Kind of hard to tell how far it falls from that video. Still that is a great idea for the coaster. Thanks for shairnng.

I'm from Virginia and I rode Verbolten the other day. It was an awesome coaster, but on the short side. The launches are pretty fun, but I think the Hulk's is more intense. As for a coaster like that for WWOHP II, I don't know that it really fits the Gringots theme. I would imagine a Mummy like system with the more or less same mine car design. But, from what the sources told us earlier on, the Gringots coaster will concentrate on theming more than the actual coaster portion.

I'm from Virginia and I rode Verbolten the other day. It was an awesome coaster, but on the short side. The launches are pretty fun, but I think the Hulk's is more intense. As for a coaster like that for WWOHP II, I don't know that it really fits the Gringots theme. I would imagine a Mummy like system with the more or less same mine car design. But, from what the sources told us earlier on, the Gringots coaster will concentrate on theming more than the actual coaster portion.

I didn't think it felt short while on the ride, and obviously Hulk is more intense. Verbolten is supposed to be kids' first big roller coaster. That's what it was designed for.

And we're not saying a coaster like that for Gringotts. We were talking about the track free fall.

I watched the POV, and it did seem pretty tame. Im sure whatever Universal comes up with it will be good. The last few rides have been just great. I can't wait to see what thet come up with. I would love a thrillnig dark coaster with a drop elelment. Maybe some heat effects from the Dragon fire.

It's tamer than something like Hulk and Dragons, but it's a lot more intense than I was expecting. You pull some serious Gs in the event building. But it's plain old fun. It was something that was needed at BGW.

yeah, it looks like fun. Kinda hard to tell what's going on in the pitch black. Wish I could ride it!

I was really hoping gringotts would have something that at least simulated a free fall/ thieves downfall, but this looks fantastic! With any luck something like this will show up, it would definitely add a thrill factor that's not as extreme as dragons or hulk. In other news... Any updates on construction/ announcement possibilities lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.