The Bourne Stuntacular - Reviews, Photos, & Videos | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

The Bourne Stuntacular - Reviews, Photos, & Videos

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Its in tech rehearsals so maybe the Helicopter isn't ready yet, but I am THRILLED to hear this getting good reviews. A good theme park show not only extended a guests day but it also helps with the variety here at USF. Yes, its screen heavy but its just sooooo different from any other screen attraction in the world, so I'm not too worried about that becoming a major debate. And if Shrek ever changes to SLOP right down the road the problems will be even less apparent.

Also, any guesses on if Bourne will be exactly as large as the Helicopter he's swigging on like Vin Diesel is in Superchargred?

I was speaking about the helicopter prop in Bourne, not F&F. Or was that a joke? Or are you saying Bourne has a drone prop in it?

Saw the first show of the day today (6/17) and was absolutely blown away. As I’ve said here before, my dad is a gigantic Bourne fan, and I called him after I got out of the show and told him, “you need to come here with me and see this.”

Every sequence impressed me more and more as the show went on. I honestly feel like this will do for shows/live entertainment at parks worldwide what Spider-Man did for rides. You can’t beat this.

Saw the first show of the day today (6/17) and was absolutely blown away. As I’ve said here before, my dad is a gigantic Bourne fan, and I called him after I got out of the show and told him, “you need to come here with me and see this.”

Every sequence impressed me more and more as the show went on. I honestly feel like this will do for shows/live entertainment at parks worldwide what Spider-Man did for rides. You can’t beat this.

What time has the first shows of the day been this week?

WOW!

Better than expected. Seamless screen and set integration. I never saw T2 but I have seen water world. I feel this is better than def on par with waterworld at the very least.

Reactions: Mad Dog
It absolutely astounds me that the stunt actors are able to do all those vigorous stunts while wearing a mask. I wonder what their oxygen levels are during the more intense moments. Troopers!

Robert Niles, of Theme Park Insider, said he was watching the video Universal provided, and thought to himself that it was crazy that with covid they had all those extras on stage without a mask on next to the fighters that had masks on. It took a few moments , but then he realized they were on film and not on stage. Pretty darn realistic tech , he said.

Robert Niles, of Theme Park Insider, said he was watching the video Universal provided, and thought to himself that it was crazy that with covid they had all those extras on stage without a mask on next to the fighters that had masks on. It took a few moments , but then he realized they were on film and not on stage. Pretty darn realistic tech , he said.
The only thing that currently ruins it is whoever has a mask is real, and who doesn't is on screen. That being said they aren't BS'ing that this is mind bending tech. It really is stellar what they've done here.

Question - I didn’t see any wind effects present when he’s hanging from the helicopter or when he’s fighting on the car.

Is that something that will be added later after covid?

This video shows some different shots from on stage. The physical sets are trackless. The screen is 130x28 feet. Does anyone know the resolution?

It absolutely astounds me that the stunt actors are able to do all those vigorous stunts while wearing a mask. I wonder what their oxygen levels are during the more intense moments. Troopers!
Studies have shown cloth masks don’t really affect oxygen levels.

I’ve been running with a mask. It’s uncomfortable, but doesn’t actually affect my breathing at all.

Studies have shown cloth masks don’t really affect oxygen levels.

I’ve been running with a mask. It’s uncomfortable, but doesn’t actually affect my breathing at all.

I've also been running with a mask. One should wash it regularly, but otherwise, yeah, nothing more than a slight discomfort.

Masks do not impede oxygen flow. Unless you're wearing a fireman outfit