The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 111 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

I really hope this is just a refurb.

not like the Potter VR for 2023, which seems pretty solid.
1Gys.gif

Reactions: HHN Maddux
I had actually considered maybe something for Halloween around the exterior path... especially with that new mysterious Halloween shop about to open, also in Lost Continent.

We could also consider the possibility of some basic placemaking for a Zelda meet and greet out front, and that's where the rumor stems from. Like Sheera, but with some props.

Or, and this is a distinct possibility, they're finally refurbishing some of the stanchions that are rotting and we're all getting in a tizzy over nothing lol.

I had actually considered maybe something for Halloween around the exterior path... especially with that new mysterious Halloween shop about to open, also in Lost Continent.

We could also consider the possibility of some basic placemaking for a Zelda meet and greet out front, and that's where the rumor stems from. Like Sheera, but with some props.

Or, and this is a distinct possibility, they're finally refurbishing some of the stanchions that are rotting and we're all getting in a tizzy over nothing lol.
I’m placing my money on something related to Halloween, especially with the store are you mentioned. 30th year, have something of substance Halloween related in IOA if possible.

Reactions: SeventyOne
First: this is a rumor.
Second: writing something off as "a make-over isn't good enough" is the most ignorant thing I've ever heard. Especially if you don't know anything about it.

It has been a strange year and a half. What if, while working on Super Nintendo World in Orlando, Shigeru Miyamoto walked around Islands of Adventure and stumbled upon the dated Poseidon's Fury and the rest of the remaining Lost Continent. Imagine he got inspired and started working on ideas to bring Zelda to IOA giving it it's own land.
What if, now the parks are doing well and money has started flowing again, Comcast approved it. Adding a show in the empty theater and a make-over for the whole land. Imagine this wouldn't break the bank and wouldn't take 4 years to build. That ideas from the past could be reworked and implemented quickly (as done in the past) resulting in a high quality new land with 2 new attractions that could hold up next to the Potter and Jurassic World additions. How lucky would we be to get this.

I'm not saying anything here. But usually even when there's just painting taking place they have to file a permit. There's no permit for anything to do with this...at all. If it were a demo, there'd be a permit... there's no permit. I'm honestly stumped. I know there's been plenty of speculation on Zelda, pokemon and LOTR. I have no idea on this one. When someone produces permits I'll believe it. Until then I'm going to just drink a butter beer and watch the show.

I'm not saying anything here. But usually even when there's just painting taking place they have to file a permit. There's no permit for anything to do with this...at all. If it were a demo, there'd be a permit... there's no permit. I'm honestly stumped. I know there's been plenty of speculation on Zelda, pokemon and LOTR. I have no idea on this one. When someone produces permits I'll believe it. Until then I'm going to just drink a butter beer and watch the show.

Yeah thats why I dismissed Rix rumor because usually people like Alicia are all over the permits. If it’s not painting/refurb would they have to file permits if they were setting up something Halloween related to go with the store next to it? Maybe they’ll use the queue as some sort of little scare maze?

Reactions: TheWalkingDad
Painting doesn't always require a permit. Scenic is out repainting in the parks nightly.

Reactions: SeventyOne
First: this is a rumor.
Second: writing something off as "a make-over isn't good enough" is the most ignorant thing I've ever heard. Especially if you don't know anything about it.

It has been a strange year and a half. What if, while working on Super Nintendo World in Orlando, Shigeru Miyamoto walked around Islands of Adventure and stumbled upon the dated Poseidon's Fury and the rest of the remaining Lost Continent. Imagine he got inspired and started working on ideas to bring Zelda to IOA giving it it's own land.
What if, now the parks are doing well and money has started flowing again, Comcast approved it. Adding a show in the empty theater and a make-over for the whole land. Imagine this wouldn't break the bank and wouldn't take 4 years to build. That ideas from the past could be reworked and implemented quickly (as done in the past) resulting in a high quality new land with 2 new attractions that could hold up next to the Potter and Jurassic World additions. How lucky would we be to get this.

Almost…too lucky.

Repaint? I thought they were just collecting the coins out of the fountain? I heard they could use a couple of bucks
Hun, SeaWorld is down the road, this is Universal

Except for those of us that want a chance to see the attraction again before it's gone!
I feel it's being touched up before reopening in its current form

A Zelda walkthrough would be a real treat though, it just seems a bit sketchy to me rumor-wise

Buuuut, Universal is no stranger to temporary walkthrough attractions

• Haha
Reactions: JoeCamel
Curious. Wondering if there is anything contractually binding Universal to have Nintendo attractions in each of their main locations by a certain date? Japan is done, Hollywood is likely going to be done sometime next year, leaving Orlando with nothing. Presumably Epic Universe was orignally to be done in 2023. Perhaps IF this is some simple Zelda overlay it's to meet contractual obligations to Nintendo (of which they also would have had to approve) as the first (and easiest) part of an eventual full LC overhaul

Curious. Wondering if there is anything contractually binding Universal to have Nintendo attractions in each of their main locations by a certain date? Japan is done, Hollywood is likely going to be done sometime next year, leaving Orlando with nothing. Presumably Epic Universe was orignally to be done in 2023. Perhaps IF this is some simple Zelda overlay it's to meet contractual obligations to Nintendo (of which they also would have had to approve) as the first (and easiest) part of an eventual full LC overhaul
Interesting thought