The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 112 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Interesting thought
I think for us as theme park fans, the real tell will be "if" we see work walls go up around Sinbad. "If" that happens then it's going to be hard to argue that something major is about to transpire. But I still don't see any permits for demo, so I'm thinking it's probably just a freshening up before it gets to the point where a restoration is warranted. They did have work walls up in front of Spidey and that was a repair and repaint. So, I believe the "if" will tell us what we need to know.

Deductive reasoning time since we love to speculate rampantly. It's just a touch up before reopening.

This tweet that was discussed is from a Poseidon's Fury TM.

I think this photo was taken after the closure, but a TM posted these. Looks like they're training to reopen?

A quick glimpse of his twitter feed shows him vehemently shutting down the Zelda rumor and heavily implying that his next schedule will have PF shifts. We may love to say that TMs aren't good sources and only know as much as us typically, but they almost always are very in the loop on refurb schedules for their own home attraction along with when they'll be returning to said attraction.

This is a lot of speculation over nothing. And I'm definitely out of the loop of YouTubers, but isn't Rix a terrible source? :lol:

Last edited:
He’s not a good primary source.
Appreciate it. I thought it sounded familiar. Did a quick skim on here to see if I could double-check the track record and saw:

- Claims in 2020 that a F&F revamp was coming
- Claims that B&T was 90% coming back in 2020
- Took Legacy's claim that Beetlejuice is coming to HHN as his own scoop
- Had a video about Middle Earth coming and deleted it as it got shut down
- Claimed Leave It To Cleaver 2 was coming to HHN in 2019
- Got the date for Hagrids dramatically wrong

And so on. Might be time to officially put the hammer down on posting his rumors as if they have any value. At least until proven otherwise. :shrug:

Appreciate it. I thought it sounded familiar. Did a quick skim on here to see if I could double-check the track record and saw:

And so on. Might be time to officially put the hammer down on posting his rumors as if they have any value. At least until proven otherwise. :shrug:

He’s entertaining and does go walk arounds of the park.

Reactions: tielo and Coolbfitz

We're all just having fun

I enjoy him and Nikki, I've met them in the parks and they genuinely love the theme parks.

Which btw is rare, normally Theme Park Twitter/YouTube people are buttholes

Last edited:
I've figured it out. To put the final nail in the coffin for Disney, this attraction is being rethemed to Spaceballs. In the end Darth helmet will slay the evil Emperor Mickey in gruesome fashion HHN style. You're welcome . (P.S.: not really. Just wanted to make someone laugh.)

Last edited:
I feel like they're just laying pipe

Probably some serious pipe needs to be layed because the old pipe that's there now is not functioning very well

So some new pipe probably needs to be layed in the area

The new pipe will probably have a lot of pump work as well

IDK Poseidon and Darkenon should be back soon
Pump work confirmed from what I heard there today.

I've figured it out. To put the final nail in the coffin for Disney, this attraction is being rethemed to Spaceballs. In the end Darth helmet will slay the evil Emperor Mickey in gruesome fashion HHN style. You're welcome . (P.S.: not really. Just wanted to make someone laugh.)
Can we get a sequel to Rise Of The Resistance where it’s just Spaceball themed? Same ride, just Spaceballs.

I feel like they're just laying pipe

Probably some serious pipe needs to be layed because the old pipe that's there now is not functioning very well

So some new pipe probably needs to be layed in the area

The new pipe will probably have a lot of pump work as well

IDK Poseidon and Darkenon should be back soon

Someone's getting a dollar for every time you say pipe? Hehehe I kid I kid..

Gosh I really hope Zelda isn't replacing TLC.
I want Zelda more than the next person so badly, but I want more space for a Zelda section, and not risk any refurbishment of The Lost Continent with Zelda simply slapped on it.

But I guess we shall wait a little bit longer before we learn what they're planning.
Although I feel like we would already have an idea by now. Word always manages to get out somehow..

PF is an underrated attraction. Yes, I know most fanboys (who only want thrill coaster type rides in the parks) don't like it, but it's a good park balance indoor attraction in a park that's lacking that.
Myself, I greatly enjoy PF, even more so since they updated laser and practical effects a couple of years ago. Heck, produce/replace a better character/film for the grand finale section, and it would be a fabulous
attraction experience.

PF is an underrated attraction. Yes, I know most fanboys (who only want thrill coaster type rides in the parks) don't like it, but it's a good park balance indoor attraction in a park that's lacking that.
Myself, I greatly enjoy PF, even more so since they updated laser and practical effects a couple of years ago. Heck, produce/replace a better character/film for the grand finale section, and it would be a fabulous
attraction experience.
The only thing that bothers me about PF is the ending

That water screen just doesn't work and is washed out by all the fire

If Darkenon and Poseidon fought on the back screen and all around the theater I think it would be better

This change could easily be made in After Effects, so it's not a huge ask

IDK other than that it's a solid walkthrough

PF is the legit one attraction, I’ve never done at UOR. Haven’t done VC or Bourne but they opened since I haven’t been so, I consider PF the one attraction at UOR I’ve never done and it bothers the shiz out of my ocd. Please don’t close this yet.