The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 161 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Here's to hoping that Mythos stays open for a while because despite LC being my favorite island, I've never eaten at Mythos lmao.

Also gotta check out Fire Eater's Grill and the Kebab House. Been wanting to try the food from there, but I either never have enough time or the lines are ridiculously long.
I’d be perfectly happy if they kept Mythos, stuck a dark ride in the PF facade, and gave the back half of the island to Potter.

I’d be perfectly happy if they kept Mythos, stuck a dark ride in the PF facade, and gave the back half of the island to Potter.
Potter has expansion space at Studios if they replace the FF area and Epic Universe. Lost Continent should be it’s own thing, whatever that may be.

I do wonder, if Waterworld were to go in the Lost Continent area, Toon Lagoon may not be a bad fit for Zelda. It’d give more space for creative design and replace at least one of the current boat rides.

They missed their chance of expanding Hogsmeade with the Hagrid project and extending Hogsmeade village to LC wouldn't be natural... but I really want them to redesign that entire entrance area in front of Hagrid/Lockers/Hogwarts Express photo op. I wouldn't mind a small modification/expansion of Wizarding World's entrance to move some stuff around to help out with the insufferable crowding a bit.

Rip. Tear. Kill. Bring on the future!
Consume-1024x480.png

Well, I don't want Zelda at IoA. So now we're at a rhetorical impasse.

Here's a genuine question for folks that are gung-ho for Zelda: what is the one image from the recent games (not concept art, in-game) that you are most excited to see at Universal?

It would be cool if they did the Temple Of Time or Hyrule Castle at Universal. Universal has so much Potter already and you’re suggesting even more Potter? Like you couldn’t even come up with anything else?

Reactions: jseal777
My thought is on the Fire Road and First Aid. It's an interesting paradigm that makes you wonder "Well, given their placement and the core need to keep what you can on an infastructural level, would they go through the effort of redirecting the fire road altogether? Or, and perhaps to consider..."

What if they don't use all of LC for one IP? Holiday Island if memory serves would've maintained the fire road, but to have two separate minilands. Depending on their play, they could easily get nearly 4 acres if they knock down everything from Poseidon's side. Over an acre more than SNW hollywood, and leaving the Sinbad side for another IP. Hell, if they absorb where the dock is at, they could increase that size further.

Just dropping in to say that the Tears of the Kingdom review embargo was lifted and it's another slam dunk with a parade of 10/10s across the board. While still early, it's currently the highest-rated game of all-time on OpenCritic and the highest-rated game of the last five years on Metacritic. Additionally, with preorders alone it's currently the best selling game of the year on Amazon US, France, UK, DE, etc. It's also on pace & expected to have a bigger debut sales-wise than Breath of the Wild (which is the 19th best selling game of all time)[1][2]. Zelda is a behemoth of a franchise that continues to get bigger after all these years.

Last edited:
It would be cool if they did the Temple Of Time or Hyrule Castle at Universal. Universal has so much Potter already and you’re suggesting even more Potter? Like you couldn’t even come up with anything else?
Honestly, I really like Mythos and the PF facade. LC always had an amazing aesthetic, it just never had attractions that lived up to the look.

As to alternatives, most logical ones have been mentioned. I'd love a Kung Fu Panda Land or a Puss in Boots (NOT SHREK) area. If we're going Nintendo, Pokemon would make sense - or the mashup of sci-fi properties someone mentioned. If we go out of house, Star Trek seems to be crying out for theme park representation and even if LotR is going into EU, the IP is at least as worthy as Potter of multiple lands across parks. Heck, I really like the idea of expanding Seuss. Still not sure I'd prefer any of these to a plan that somehow kept Mythos and the PF facade, though.