The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 160 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder how they could make a Grinch expansion work that has Whoville (the Grinch one, not the Horton one) be set outside of the Christmas season?

A land themed to Christmas year round wouldn't be a problem really. That's the theme of Whoville. Just like Hogsmede has snow year round. And as a side bonus, it would allow them to move the Christmas shop from the main entry area and use that for something else.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Crazy to think the Lost Continent is now without a single attraction.

A completely dead area of the park. Like a dying shopping mall.
At this point flatten it all and get it over with. Is it too late to ask for a PF dark ride? Keep the facade and rebuild everything behind it.

It's going to be real sad when they tear it down. First the Dueling Dragon statues and soon this. :(

I personally don’t want to lose the facade, but if they flatten the entry area(statue pieces) and add on to the show building, that would make a pretty massive new structure.

And of course taking over Sinbad too.

After nearly 24 years, the Temple of Poseidon was permanently sealed as Poseidon's Fury officially closed.

Last edited:
A land themed to Christmas year round wouldn't be a problem really. That's the theme of Whoville. Just like Hogsmede has snow year round. And as a side bonus, it would allow them to move the Christmas shop from the main entry area and use that for something else.
I was also thinking of Whoville being covered in snow year round like Hogsmeade, but no Christmas decor outside the holiday season.

FWIW, supposedly today they went through the queue to begin taking down everything that can be salvaged/reused (signs, line fencing, etc.).
So… they’re going to flatten the building and queue? I was wondering if they are planning to make a new LC-themed dark ride that uses both the Poseidon's Fury and the Sinbad building combined into one. If not, I would actually be fine with Zelda land, because while IOA is supposed to be themed to "stories" (mostly literature), one of its opening day rides is themed to a TV cartoon (Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls).

Last edited:
Reactions: tankart150
Here's to hoping that Mythos stays open for a while because despite LC being my favorite island, I've never eaten at Mythos lmao.

Also gotta check out Fire Eater's Grill and the Kebab House. Been wanting to try the food from there, but I either never have enough time or the lines are ridiculously long.