The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 158 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't know, maybe a package deal with "hey look at all the new stuff over here as well"..... Sell the whole package rather than everyone going south while the resorts are north.
I feel like if this opens in 2026 that will suffice. Universal has been pretty consistent with a new attraction each year. This would help entice visitors to come back to check out Zelda as well as Epic for a second time.

I'll be at the parks this weekend, so fingers crossed I can get my hands on a PF shirt.
I feel like if this opens in 2026 that will suffice. Universal has been pretty consistent with a new attraction each year. This would help entice visitors to come back to check out Zelda as well as Epic for a second time.
Yeah, I think whatever replaces Lost Continent will open sometime in 2026. I don't see them slowing down with a new attraction/expansion every year or biannually.

Reactions: tankart150
I’ve heard 2027 was the plan for this area. I’m not getting my hopes up for anything sooner till I hear anything new.
This would make sense. I imagine 2026 is a more “stable” year for the resort to just focus on building what I’d assume is Zelda here in LC, maybe VB gets an addition, but 2026 seems like a cool down year for me so 2027 makes perfect sense.

I only see XXXLG in stock currently.
Nevermind that one is gone now too lol

This would make sense. I imagine 2026 is a more “stable” year for the resort to just focus on building what I’d assume is Zelda here in LC, maybe VB gets an addition, but 2026 seems like a cool down year for me so 2027 makes perfect sense.
I heard that before things got shuffled around, so you never know. But still, until I hear otherwise, I am tempering time expectations

I heard that before things got shuffled around, so you never know. But still, until I hear otherwise, I am tempering time expectations
More time means a possibly better overall product! They can take their time on anything Nintendo if you ask me.

Alicia were you hearing something opens in 2027, or LC closes in 2027?

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
So there's about a 0% chance the area stays Lost Continent but with a new attraction(s) replacing Poseidon and Sinbad?

That's the ideal scenario for me, the theming there is still incredible. But I know it probably won't happen. A man can dream.

Yeah, in an age where single-IP lands are (mostly) the "in" trend, it's not going to happen. But a medieval/mythological catch-all land would probably still be my preference. A standalone Zelda attraction, for example, could still fit into that.

But I'm sure Universal's not doing that.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Yeah, in an age where single-IP lands are (mostly) the "in" trend, it's not going to happen. But a medieval/mythological catch-all land would probably still be my preference. A standalone Zelda attraction, for example, could still fit into that.

But I'm sure Universal's not doing that.
My one glimmer of hope is that the hub of Epic looks to be all original and still feature attractions, one of which being the largest and most thrilling in the park. That, and Port of Entry still kicks ass.

I know my opinion is unpopular, but I really want Waterworld for this area - at least for the Sindbad end of the land.

It could be a good idea to expand Seuss Landing into some of the space to create Mt. Crumpit. If they created a permanent seasonal location for How the Grinch Stole Christmas, it opens up a ton of possibilities for repurposing the BMG Soundstage.