The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 157 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
To be honest they probably sold way more by releasing it in the park with no announcement, definitely created an illusion of scarcity.

It's not an illusion if it was actually scarce! I'm sure plenty of people either weren't able to make it into the park to get one, or don't live in Orlando but still would have bought one if they could.

But you could have still done an in-park release, then announced an online component. Cut the re-sellers off at the knees!

While I think a print-on-demand shop in CityWalk would be really cool, I've always heard those have lower quality shirts and printing processes. But I'm not an expert...
as someone who's worked with a couple vendors on this, I can say you're usually right ... but it depends. I've had really good luck with certain companies (BreakingT is one of them) and ... less success with others. but as a rule of thumb, I think you're definitely right.

That may be a little high. Somewhere between 0 and 1%
I bet exactly 5% of the people that bought those shirts actually care about Poseidon closing lmao
I love Poseidon's Fury and I've been dying for Universal to release merch for it.

Seeing the shirts go that fast, knowing that most of the people buying couldn't give a :poop: about the attraction, is very frustrating.

Not to be pessimistic, but I bet the order was for like 300 shirts expecting soft demand lol

Also, saw the show last night, I didn't see any major issues with it outside the show writing itself. The Poseidon statue actually lowered down yesterday, something I haven't seen in a few months now.

Reactions: tankart150
Poseidon's Fury Final Tour Shirt is available for sale at the official Universal Orlando online shop now!! All sizes available at this time. Poseidon's Fury Final Tour Adult T-Shirt | UNIVERSAL ORLANDO
I missed out (again!), but I appreciate that they got it online (for a very limited time, it seems!).

Hope they wake up and decide to release some more Islands of Adventure specific merchandise. There's very little merch with the park logo, or even the park name. Most of them just say either "Universal Studios" or "Universal Orlando".
A new IOA line for the park's 25th next year would be nice.

I'd like the soundtrack album on vinyl, please.

Hoping that they release a teaser video the day after it closes like they did for Shrek. Now that they’re acknowledging the closure I think it’s unlikely that we see it rot with no confirmation. In the Shrek video they took an onion and swapped it out for a banana, maybe they could show a trident being swapped out for the triforce.

We also need to remember that Uni likes to build and only announce halfway to completion unlike the mouse. We might all be surprised and see construction happening with no announcement a week after closure

Hoping that they release a teaser video the day after it closes like they did for Shrek. Now that they’re acknowledging the closure I think it’s unlikely that we see it rot with no confirmation. In the Shrek video they took an onion and swapped it out for a banana, maybe they could show a trident being swapped out for the triforce.

We also need to remember that Uni likes to build and only announce halfway to completion unlike the mouse. We might all be surprised and see construction happening with no announcement a week after closure

The problem is that there are currently no active demolition permits for this site. Would obviously love for one to show up in the next few weeks, but I have a feeling nothing major will happen for a while.

I think it's wishful to think anything happens here for a while. This closure is for logistics, not because they have expansion already planned. Things might be greenlit, but this is not another Villain-Con. 2025/26 seems like the earliest.
My money is on 2026 as 2025 will be all about EU. No way Uni wants to draw attention away from that. Hopefully rumors will leak out soon as to what this Zelda land or whatever replaces PF is.

My money is on 2026 as 2025 will be all about EU. No way Uni wants to draw attention away from that. Hopefully rumors will leak out soon as to what this Zelda land or whatever replaces PF is.
I don't know, maybe a package deal with "hey look at all the new stuff over here as well"..... Sell the whole package rather than everyone going south while the resorts are north.

Reactions: anihilnation
I think it's wishful to think anything happens here for a while. This closure is for logistics, not because they have expansion already planned. Things might be greenlit, but this is not another Villain-Con. 2025/26 seems like the earliest.
I could swear 2026 is what everyone was saying here from the beginning anyway.
I don't know, maybe a package deal with "hey look at all the new stuff over here as well"..... Sell the whole package rather than everyone going south while the resorts are north.
Or you get people to come for Epic Universe, then again for Zelda + whatever else could open around that time.