The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 189 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't see there being any reason to stick to any canonical geography, as Zelda games don't even worry about that. This isn't OoT or BotW Hyrule, it's Universal Studios' Hyrule. It's set at some indeterminate point on the millenia-spanning official timeline and features elements from all of the games because of that. The series honestly gives them an incredibly easy, canonical excuse to not care about the kind of stuff that Wizarding Paris seems to be dealing with at EU.

Take the WaterWorld stadium, convert it to Zelda, and set it during Windwaker.

Done.
I'm only down for this if they figure out how to recreate the cartoony Bomb particle effects too.

300px-Toon_Link_Down_B_SSBU.gif

Reactions: biggerboat16
I don't see there being any reason to stick to any canonical geography, as Zelda games don't even worry about that. This isn't OoT or BotW Hyrule, it's Universal Studios' Hyrule. It's set at some indeterminate point on the millenia-spanning official timeline and features elements from all of the games because of that. The series honestly gives them an incredibly easy, canonical excuse to not care about the kind of stuff that Wizarding Paris seems to be dealing with at EU.
This works with my idea. We never really see what Castle Town looked like or contained pre-calamity. It’s a blank slate. Use the art style of BotW/TotK since it’s already a good mesh of all the others anyway and then they make their own Castle Town to fit it while taking inspiration from across the series.

They should just use the Mario Kart Hyrule Circuit track as a guide. If they want to check all the boxes and do a ‘best of Zelda,’ the track does it very well. It combines all art styles and feels just ambiguous enough that you could picture any of the games taking place there.

Reactions: TylerG
If it’s not Grinch, they’ve just started work on extended the exterior Hagrid’s queue which may cause the section near Hagrid’s Hut to close temporarily in the coming weeks during work—which could cause morning Hagrid line to extend beyond Sindbad, briefly?

The point is to have Hagrid’s not need to spill out to Lost Continent, ever again. Once completed anyway. Permits say part of the new construction was inspected yesterday, so seems like it’s already started.

If it’s not Grinch, they’ve just started work on extended the exterior Hagrid’s queue which may cause the section near Hagrid’s Hut to close temporarily in the coming weeks during work—which could cause morning Hagrid line to extend beyond Sindbad, briefly?

The point is to have Hagrid’s not need to spill out to Lost Continent, ever again. Once completed anyway. Permits say part of the new construction was inspected yesterday, so seems like it’s already started.
That's great to hear, since the ride really needs it. I can't imagine where they would find more room in that area for queue space though.

So with what Alicia's been hearing about Simpsons and Pokemon, sounding like timelines have been switched and Lost Continent is going to continue sitting as is for a couple more years... yippee...
At least the land looks nice and has amazing restaurants and theming. I don’t think it’s a big deal.

Reactions: OLSinFLA
There’s also been refurbs late last year, like the entirely new awning over the Coke Freestyle machines and upgrades to the Mystic Fountain… sooo, things were definitely seeming a bit off for a land we expected to be bulldozed in less than a year.

But you never know with this company.