The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just want JP to get something nice. Why must Universal keep tempting me and then potentially shelving their JP plans?

Maybe Sinbad is just getting a retool?

They just retooled it a few years ago. It didn’t help.

If (big if) this is something significant, I’d say Uni’s just had enough trying to make the show work. I could see the performers being moved to Bourne, and the bulldozers move into LC at the beginning of the year

I just don't see how it correlates? Because Zelda isn't going to draw as much as Mario or Pokemon in either situation

I think that's the reason why I think putting Mario out there first makes the most sense. Once people get a feel for Nintendo, they'll be begging for more. Opening Zelda after will bring much more hype for the land than opening Zelda first.

Reactions: therock
I think that's the reason why I think putting Mario out there first makes the most sense. Once people get a feel for Nintendo, they'll be begging for more. Opening Zelda after will bring much more hype for the land than opening Zelda first.

Orrrrr, they can open Mario and Zelda together in the new park. It’d make sense.

Ehhhh. I think that’s a bit contrived. I think a great land is a great land and will draw no matter what

Orrrrr, they can open Mario and Zelda together in the new park. It’d make sense.

Why sell one ticket one time when you can sell two or three over several years? I think they'll use the same rollout plan for Nintendo as they did for harry Potter. It's track proven.

Ehhhh. I think that’s a bit contrived. I think a great land is a great land and will draw no matter what

True but opening with the big gun first gets people excited to return.

True but opening with the big gun first gets people excited to return.

I think you’re putting a bit too much creedance in people coming back in a manner where opening one before another really matters.

People will show up for new offerings. The order which they happen is irrelevant. Look at the other options they have. Trolls? Dragons? Panda? All decent options, but Zelda will draw as much if not more. So I don’t see why it’s make sense to wait if they think it’s their best option

Reactions: Magic-Man
Why sell one ticket one time when you can sell two or three over several years? I think they'll use the same rollout plan for Nintendo as they did for harry Potter. It's track proven.

SNW, as it currently stands, would not be a great headliner for the new park. Not because it’s unpopular or outdated, but because the land is extremely small. It’s nine acres. There needs to be something else there, and Zelda/Pokémon could fit that bill. Or they could scrap the cloned-version of SNW, and have a custom version (Ex: Yoshi’s Island, Donkey Kong Country, Luigi’s Mansion, and Mushroom Kingdom. Something along those lines could do well. Splatoon, Metroid, Odyssey, and Sunshine lands are also possibilities)