The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 59 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is ridiculous. You're saying people have NO interest in any of the properties? Come on man. That's nuts. You may not, but to say the rest are irrelevant is just being purposefully obtuse.

What? That's your bar to be a draw? Transformers couldn't do that. Still boosted USF's attendance by 10%. Kong couldn't do that. Still boosted IoA's.

I think you're making a problem that really isn't there.

IOA has Harry Potter, Jurassic Park, Marvel. USF has Harry Potter, Simpson’s, and Despicable Me. Beijing (probably) has Jurassic World, Harry Potter, Despicable Me, and an entire Transformers land. FW has (in this example) a cloned Nintendo land already found in two other parks, lesser Harry Potter, and a bunch of DW franchises. And I love DW, but they’re not as big as they used to be. Can you see my point, here?

And, yes, I realize that Beijing mostly has cloned rides. But they’re still unique to the country, and extremely popular franchises, so they should be popular in the park.

The Magic Kingdom does quite well without one main draw...

MK has the advantage of being the first WDW park, and it was built at a time when IP’s weren’t the major draw. If MK were to be built this year, it wouldn’t get nearly the same amount of attendance.

Let's say HTTYD and Zelda are both out. What takes their place here? Maybe a Seuss expansion based on the new Grinch movie, but what do they do with the rest?

IOA has Harry Potter, Jurassic Park, Marvel. USF has Harry Potter, Simpson’s, and Despicable Me. Beijing (probably) has Jurassic World, Harry Potter, Despicable Me, and an entire Transformers land. FW has (in this example) a cloned Nintendo land already found in two other parks, lesser Harry Potter, and a bunch of DW franchises. And I love DW, but they’re not as big as they used to be. Can you see my point, here?

And, yes, I realize that Beijing mostly has cloned rides. But they’re still unique to the country, and extremely popular franchises, so they should be popular in the park.

“Lesser Harry Potter” is just as, if not more, popular as JW/JP, like it or not. DW comparable to Transformers if done right. I think you’re way underestimating the demand for things like Panda, Dragons
Sindbad is mythical?:faint:

I’d call a story hundreds of years old that is still around pretty mythic, no?

Let's say HTTYD and Zelda are both out. What takes their place here? Maybe a Seuss expansion based on the new Grinch movie, but what do they do with the rest?

Suess won’t expand over the bridge. It already has an expansion plot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coolbfitz
I’d call a story hundreds of years old that is still around pretty mythic,

you kill me Mario:exclap:
You should spend less time stalking me and work on your sense of humor. You'll live longer. That was tongue in cheek.

Last edited:
Just a thought: Universal did say in their blog that they would be making a Nintendo announcement this year. The new park won’t be announced for a while, and KidZone shouldn’t close until next year at the earliest. Now this (possible) news. What if this really is Zelda? Nothing else fits that bill.

It could just be a new show. LC is on its last legs at this point. I could see Universal putting in a temporary, not-even-remotely themeatically relevant replacement show just to push people into that part of the park.

The telling sign is if PF closes as well. I just don’t see a showing really drawing people, especially in a retrofitted theater. Seems like I’d get about the same number of guests through the door.

It could just be a new show. LC is on its last legs at this point. I could see Universal putting in a temporary, not-even-remotely themeatically relevant replacement show just to push people into that part of the park.

I get the feeling, if Sinbad is closing; it won't be replaced with another stunt show. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I don't think they'd put the effort on two stunt shows at the same time for development.

Hmmmm....move a few things around on that stage, which they just fixed up two years ago, and you could do a pretty decent HTTYD show. ...Just speculating though.

Agreeing with JS, I would assume if they do a Dragons show; they'd probably do a complete gutting and possible extension of the building to accomodate a new type of venue.

Agreeing with JS, I would assume if they do a Dragons show; they'd probably do a complete gutting and possible extension of the building to accomodate a new type of venue.
Creature Tech has those Dragon AAs and puppets probably sitting collecting dust somewhere. Those things are crazy impressive. Build a theater to house it, open the show in 2020, close PF and have a HTTYD ride ready for 2022. Would be a perfect situation

SNW isn’t just the main draw, it’s the only draw. There’s nothing else there that can sustain an entire theme park.
I think when you rely on one IP to carry an entire park that's where things have a higher risk of going wrong. As Teebin said, MK does just fine without one obvious main draw. Sure there are a lot of draws, but the park doesn't overly rely on any one of them to get by.

Perfect example of how this can be unhealthy for a park is DHS. Once SW:GE opens next year, the park is gonna be packed on opening day with people waiting to get in. But what happens if both rides in SW:GE break down at the same time? it basically breaks the park.

On the other end of the spectrum, Disneyland will be packed, but the park isn't relying on it like DHS is. This is simply going to be a fantastic addition to an already well fleshed out park.