The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 88 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Actually, they did revise the show two or three years before shutting it permanently. They closed it for a good while, retooled and altered the show scenes and script,changed the martial arts type, and redid the stage/effects which were in disrepair. The new show was a mild improvement, and the script was less corny ( a good thing)....but it just never caught on with the public. Perhaps the Sindbad theme was just not the GP's cup of tea.

I always thought the theatre was uncomfortable. Due to being able to look out the sides my eyes never fully adjust so it seemed dark. I also tended to sit at the top for breeze and I didn't want to spend the effort for the stairs most of the time. Could be OK with a breeze but hot on stifling days. Plus backrest on the seat.
The actual show and set was fine for me to stop in once in a while for a sit down, and I admit to check out the abs on the girl) but the set looked dirty and like it needed a coat of paint most of the time. All in all I hope for a speedy replacement. That area needs something.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
So are we thinking something “lost continent” themed is going in this theater and thus lost continent still has several more years or do we have no clue?

this will sound sarcastic but I’m being very sincere; I am going to really miss walking through LC on my way to Hogsmeade if it ever gets torn down.

So are we thinking something “lost continent” themed is going in this theater and thus lost continent still has several more years or do we have no clue?

this will sound sarcastic but I’m being very sincere; I am going to really miss walking through LC on my way to Hogsmeade if it ever gets torn down.

I would assume nothing is going in this spot for a good long while

I would assume nothing is going in this spot for a good long while
Why would an attraction close without a replacement not immediately being planned? I mean, that just doesn’t make sense, even if an attraction wasn’t popular. Sinbad and the Toon Amphitheater are very valuable park real estate for new attractions.

Reactions: Cheezbat
What about F&F?
What about it?
Why would an attraction close without a replacement not immediately being planned? I mean, that just doesn’t make sense, even if an attraction wasn’t popular. Sinbad and the Toon Amphitheater are very valuable park real estate for new attractions.
Toon Amphitheater has been vacant most of its lifetime. It’s was a budget cut to close Sindbad without an immediate replacement

What about it?

Toon Amphitheater has been vacant most of its lifetime. It’s was a budget cut to close Sindbad without an immediate replacement
What’s the attendance like on F&F? And, that budget cut thing sounds like something Bob Chapek would do, and a Blackstone-era mistake.

Budget cuts are something every business does. Why hire more stunt performers when you can move them from an unpopular show?
Right, but that combined with DD and T2 being closed and the worst theme park attraction ever that opened at USF sounds like too much budget cuts. How much is too much?
What happened to Comcast’s goal of trying to make the parks better than Disney?

Right, but that combined with DD and T2 being closed and the worst theme park attraction ever that opened at USF sounds like too much budget cuts. How much is too much?

Woah. Keeping a subpar product is worse than having nothing in that spot. If they have a long term or short term plan to change the land completely, why waste money on a new ride/show in the present theme? This isn’t nefarious. They’re building a whole new park and complex, not selling off assets.

We’ve been through this before, but Sindbad saw so few guests that being closed hasn’t really changed capacity for the park in any way. Barney was kicking its butt in viewership, and that theater has like a third of the seats.. Plus, it’s a lot cheaper to pay a purple dinosaur to dance than light a person on fire three times a day.

Also, scores for the attraction weren’t great, if survey takers could even find a guest that had actually seen it that is.

I think Universal has failed by not being able to muster a show that draws guests and in turn converts to positive survey scores.

Given the situation that they were unable to produce such a show, I can see the prudence in shutting the lightly attended and poorly reviewed production down.

With that said, it is still a failure to have two large amphitheaters vacant in one of the world's most popular theme parks for the foreseeable future, especially when Islands has a deficiency in shows.

What’s the attendance like on F&F? And, that budget cut thing sounds like something Bob Chapek would do, and a Blackstone-era mistake.

No clue, but they're not gonna replace an expensive ride they just opened.

DD? And T2 and F&F weren't budget cuts, so I'm not exactly sure what you're getting at.

You literally just named three reinvestments in the park. Hagrid replaced DD and was likely far more expensive than both sides. Bourne has more performers and effects than T2, and required extensive remodeling of the theater. And F&F required a near full demo of Disaster to input a new ride system. Those aren’t budget cuts. They’re the opposite.

Comcast IS trying to make Universal better than Disney. You just don’t like the timeline doing that requires.
I think Universal has failed by not being able to muster a show that draws guests and in turn converts to positive survey scores.

Given the situation that they were unable to produce such a show, I can see the prudence in shutting the lightly attended and poorly reviewed production down.

With that said, it is still a failure to have two large amphitheaters vacant in one of the world's most popular theme parks for the foreseeable future, especially when Islands has a deficiency in shows.
Universal has always struggled with shows... it’s a remarkably consistent failing.

I completely agree with this. I don't like seeing dedicated attraction space sitting empty. If you're going to close Sindbad, please do, but do it when you've got a replacement ready to go.

I'm annoyed with Stitch over at Magic Kingdom for the same reason.

I completely agree with this. I don't like seeing dedicated attraction space sitting empty. If you're going to close Sindbad, please do, but do it when you've got a replacement ready to go.

I'm annoyed with Stitch over at Magic Kingdom for the same reason.
Toon Lagoon has always annoyed me, and annoys me much more than Sindbad. At least Sindbad’s theater is hidden unless you know what to look for. TL is right out there in the open

That’s the point I tried to make.

Toon Lagoon has always annoyed me, and annoys me much more than Sindbad. At least Sindbad’s theater is hidden unless you know what to look for. TL is right out there in the open
Then why won’t Comcast add something new there? ;)

You literally just named three reinvestments in the park. Hagrid replaced DD and was likely far more expensive than both sides. Bourne has more performers and effects than T2, and required extensive remodeling of the theater. And F&F required a near full demo of Disaster to input a new ride system. Those aren’t budget cuts. They’re the opposite.

Comcast IS trying to make Universal better than Disney. You just don’t like the timeline doing that requires.

Universal has always struggled with shows... it’s a remarkably consistent failing.
I don’t like the content either. I don’t think they’re trying. They need to try harder. What’s the theme of Epic Universe?