The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 90 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Theme parks are meant to be an escape from society’s woes. By shoe-horning in a dumb and unappealing ride concept like Jimmy Fallon, it ruins the park. Same thing with F&F, more stress/annoyance at a park than it should be.
No, it ruins the park *for you*. You do not speak for the public at large. Most people that come into the park enjoy the Fallon attraction. The Fast & Furious brand is *insanely* popular and successful and SHOULD be at the park. They bungled the execution, but it absolutely deserves a place at the park. Neither of these attractions in any way are anything other than escapism.

you jus don’t like them and are throwing a hissy fit about it.

No, it ruins the park *for you*. You do not speak for the public at large. Most people that come into the park enjoy the Fallon attraction. The Fast & Furious brand is *insanely* popular and successful and SHOULD be at the park. They bungled the execution, but it absolutely deserves a place at the park. Neither of these attractions in any way are anything other than escapism.

I think everyone knows that I share his opinion on those two attractions, but I'm sure as heck not going to let it distract me from what they've done right. Ya win some, ya lose some.

Reactions: tankart150

What I’m saying about F&F is it should be fixed soon. Keep the building, gut the interior ride/loading station, and install test track on steroids. It’s not hard to do, I wrote a quick synopsis for it awhile back, and, I think it would be one of the best attractions at USF honestly.

The point is, how the frick could they possibly screw up the most obvious ride idea?! Are they really that foolish and stupid?! How did they get their jobs and why didn’t anyone get fired?! Are they doing shady business dealings?!

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
What I’m saying about F&F is it should be fixed soon. Keep the building, gut the interior ride/loading station, and install test track on steroids. It’s not hard to do, I wrote a quick synopsis for it awhile back, and, I think it would be one of the best attractions at USF honestly.

The point is, how the frick could they possibly screw up the most obvious ride idea?! Are they really that foolish and stupid?! How did they get their jobs and why didn’t anyone get fired?! Are they doing shady business dealings?!
1) That absolutely is hard to do, it’s also expensive. They’re not going to shell out that much money after just building the attraction a few years ago.
2) “Shady business dealings”? I have no clue wtf you’re getting at.

Okay... I’ve seen a lot of people say “let’s just put Test Track in the F&F plot.”

The F&F plot is approximately 67,200 square feet.

Test Track is nearly twice that size at approximately 153,200 square feet. The open stretch that gets to 65 miles an hour (after the bank on your way back to the building is over 100 ft longer than the F&F‘s longest side. It flat doesn’t fit.

Universal went the route they did because they felt the 360 screen was the best way to mimic going 120 mph in a 350 ft long building. And it failed. But they were trying to give people F&F without tearing out MiB or Simpsons (the two older, but still popular attractions with the ability to build back far enough to accelerate like that).

Physics matter.

Best the point, I feel forever people felt THIS area would be LOTR, but based on that TPU article a few months back (obviously just rumors but hey let’s speculate), that Toon Lagoon would be the location for it as they want a raft ride.

So with that hypothetical in mind...I can’t imagine Lost Continent going away until the next major addition happens at IOA. There’s really no need for it’s I can’t imagine PF does terribly, Mythos is legit the best, and I just love the theming in that area.

But, I kinda feel having Zelda here, along with LOTR, is just a tad too similiar in my book, just my opinion. While I’ve always wanted Nintendo spread out across the 3 parks in Orlando, Zelda would likely fit the best at EU, and Kidzone takes Pokémon.

So, what takes this space? Frankly, I think we, and Universal do not know yet. I think this is one we could see just being there for quite some time. Idk, but I kinda see a dreamworks property taking this are, whether it be Trolls, KFP, Far Far Away, or an IP we are unaware of currently. Just a thought, I could be way off thinking LOTR and Zelda are just a tad tad too similiar to be across the lagoon from one another

Best the point, I feel forever people felt THIS area would be LOTR, but based on that TPU article a few months back (obviously just rumors but hey let’s speculate), that Toon Lagoon would be the location for it as they want a raft ride.

So with that hypothetical in mind...I can’t imagine Lost Continent going away until the next major addition happens at IOA. There’s really no need for it’s I can’t imagine PF does terribly, Mythos is legit the best, and I just love the theming in that area.

But, I kinda feel having Zelda here, along with LOTR, is just a tad too similiar in my book, just my opinion. While I’ve always wanted Nintendo spread out across the 3 parks in Orlando, Zelda would likely fit the best at EU, and Kidzone takes Pokémon.

So, what takes this space? Frankly, I think we, and Universal do not know yet. I think this is one we could see just being there for quite some time. Idk, but I kinda see a dreamworks property taking this are, whether it be Trolls, KFP, Far Far Away, or an IP we are unaware of currently. Just a thought, I could be way off thinking LOTR and Zelda are just a tad tad too similiar to be across the lagoon from one another

Honestly I'd rather Spongebob as a Toon Lagoon replacement than LOTR. Kinda what you were saying in that the balance of the parks changes so much dropping a whimsical kid-friendly area for a much darker LOTR. Not that families and stuff won't be interested in Middle Earth but it's a very different dynamic. I know Spongebob has never had substantial rumours so I'm just blueskying here haha

Honestly I'd rather Spongebob as a Toon Lagoon replacement than LOTR. Kinda what you were saying in that the balance of the parks changes so much dropping a whimsical kid-friendly area for a much darker LOTR. Not that families and stuff won't be interested in Middle Earth but it's a very different dynamic. I know Spongebob has never had substantial rumours so I'm just blueskying here haha
Well, with EU opening and being very family friendly, they can be okay losing TL for a bit, and my hypothetical has a family/kids IP replacing it at Lost Continent.
however, that’d make the right side of Islands kid friendly while the left side wouldn’t be. Not sure if this is in their thought process at all, but I think that maybe they would spread those crowds out more. Which totally makes my hypothetical make no sense haha.

Please forgive me as I'm not a Zelda super-fan, but couldn't they do pretty much any location from the Zelda games as long as they include the main characters? I always assumed Zelda was one of those games that traveled across many lands and didn't necessarily focus on one place. With that said, a simple overlay (with some changes) could work to the current Lost Continent area, no? Zelda has temples/ruins and bazaar markets, just retheme and build new attractions over the existing rockwork. I think this would be different enough from what we might expect from LOTR.

Please forgive me as I'm not a Zelda super-fan, but couldn't they do pretty much any location from the Zelda games as long as they include the main characters? I always assumed Zelda was one of those games that traveled across many lands and didn't necessarily focus on one place. With that said, a simple overlay (with some changes) could work to the current Lost Continent area, no? Zelda has temples/ruins and bazaar markets, just retheme and build new attractions over the existing rockwork. I think this would be different enough from what we might expect from LOTR.
Now, from the other perspective not being a LOTR fan. I’d expect Hyrule for Zelda. It’s the mainstay location for all the games (or most, to my knowledge. Big fan but not an expert), and I honestly believe it just wouldn’t make a ton of sense to make another land other than Hyrule for Zelda.

If you look at Zelda compared to many of the LOTR locations, I think you can see that while different, they’re similar enough to not work in the same exact theme park. The same resort? Absolutely, just not the same exact park imo.

I’m being dead serious. To put it lightly, I’m not a fan of the time period I’m currently living in. And back in the very early 2000’s, some of my favorite attractions were brand new and maintained properly.
I think that's just part of getting older. I remember thinking in the early 2000s how maintenance at the parks had turned to crap under new management. Working there I saw hundreds of my coworkers let go, entertainment cuts across the board, my favorite rides and shows close for mediocre replacements (Kongfrontation going was a hard blow, and I'm still mad at Fear Factor Live for taking away my precious Wild Wild Wild West!)

This is nothing new I'm afraid. And one person's "Twister Ride it Out was so great" is another man's "I miss Ghostbusters Spooktacular." And I'm sure one day when Race Through New York is removed it will upset many young fans of today. But the world keeps on spinning.

I think that's just part of getting older. I remember thinking in the early 2000s how maintenance at the parks had turned to crap under new management. Working there I saw hundreds of my coworkers let go, entertainment cuts across the board, my favorite rides and shows close for mediocre replacements (Kongfrontation going was a hard blow, and I'm still mad at Fear Factor Live for taking away my precious Wild Wild Wild West!)

This is nothing new I'm afraid. And one person's "Twister Ride it Out was so great" is another man's "I miss Ghostbusters Spooktacular." And I'm sure one day when Race Through New York is removed it will upset many young fans of today. But the world keeps on spinning.

Exactly this.

The summer of 1996 was my best memory of USF and I know that nothing will ever top it.

Back to the Future, Terminator 2 just opened and Ghostbusters. My 3 absolute favourite films of all time, all together in one park. Perfect.

It's fun discussing which properties would replace the land and how they would look together in the same park. Definitely makes me giddy thinking I can walk from Middle Earth to Hogsmead to Jurassic Park/World. Talk about a fans dream! I enjoy all these different IPs and would love to see them all together. I truly can't wait for my kids to enjoy this park in 10+ years. For now I guess we just have to wait and see what the powers that be choose to do with the area. I will say PF still has one of the best themed facades for its time!

Now you'll be a prime suspect in her disappearance...... :lol: He Man will be looking for you. :eek:O:
He-Man can’t find me if he doesn’t exist in the Netflix version of She-Ra.

giphy.gif