The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 147 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Remember, left hand doesn't always talk to the right hand in an organization as large as Comcast/NBCUniversal. The folks who authorized $$$ for Poseidon's Fury upkeep/improvements probably were not aware of a sudden decision to shutter it from higher up until the money was spent.

At least the show will go out looking fairly good, at least. The projections were pretty dismal in December.

Hoping for your guess, preparing for mine. Regardless, I still think it's sitting for a little bit given the impromptu closure and the potential dearth of available crews as EU, Villain-Con, and KidZone are being built.
Yea I think it’ll sit until the end of the year at the earliest. But who knows! I remember when there was a HHN built in SS44 and then it got demolished for Transformers

Remember, left hand doesn't always talk to the right hand in an organization as large as Comcast/NBCUniversal. The folks who authorized $$$ for Poseidon's Fury upkeep/improvements probably were not aware of a sudden decision to shutter it from higher up until the money was spent.

At least the show will go out looking fairly good, at least. The projections were pretty dismal in December.
I’m gonna laugh when the reason Hogwarts Lights is closed because now they’re just gonna move those new projectors from PF over there

Personally I think you don't have Hyrule Castle in the land itself and instead have it be the location you are voyaging towards in the boat ride, perhaps with Ganon waiting inside. The castle is iconic but to make the land stand out from Cinderella, Hogwarts, Peach's Castle, etc., I think you could emphasize landmarks like the Master Sword Pedestal, Great Deku Tree, Sheikah Shrines/Towers, Hylian Stables, etc. The show-building having a big mural to extend the sightlines like Kong does could integrate larger locations like Hyrule Castle and Death Mountain by having them loom in the distance and make this relatively small 7-acre land feel larger than it is.
I honestly love this. Having played some of BOTW, I love the idea of this land feeling less regal and grand and instead making it feel mystical, rustic, and serene like the stables and the woods

Any chance the area remains “Lost Continent” but still features a Zelda attraction? The theming there is great now and Zelda already fits the motif, I don’t think every new ride needs to come with it’s own immersive land.

Reactions: Rikku
Any chance the area remains “Lost Continent” but still features a Zelda attraction? The theming there is great now and Zelda already fits the motif, I don’t think every new ride needs to come with it’s own immersive land.
As others have said, Nintendo's standards are probably pretty high for how they're represented, so I feel like this land will be mostly flattened. I can see Mythos being rethemed, but I highly doubt they'll leave everything else. If they do a stage show, I think there's a good chance it'll be inside (plus the Sinbad set is massive and would probably be costly to remove) and the Poseidon's Fury show building is shaped so oddly and specifically to the existing attraction, I don't think it would fit anything BUT a walkthrough.

Last edited:

The cool thing about nice projectors is that they can be moved elsewhere

I do wish we could of had them sooner, but whatever

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Just watched a Mammoth Club video and was reminded of Enchanted Tales with Belle in Magic Kingdom and man that thing is relatively new-ish and I think Posedion's Fury is/was a better attraction than that, made me revisit the "dated" comments haha or at least comparatively to other walk through style attractions in Orlando. Sorry just had to say it back to your regular program. EDIT: Not saying we still shouldn't change up PF just thought it was interesting to see it and compare the two.

Assuming this is Zelda, what time frame are we looking at. I would imagine 2026, though it would be neat---especially since this was a tad unexpected---if they go for 2025. Yes, I know, this is the year Epic opens, but somehow I think it would make sense to have this ready for late 2025, that way going into the holiday period there can be some crowd alleviation for Epic.

Really hope we find out more later this year, since for now the plan is to see if I can be part of the opening team for one of the Monster riders, but Zelda would be sweet too!

• Love
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
If Zelda indeed gets a ride a boat ride like what was rumored a couple of years ago is probably what came to most of our minds. I just hope that Universal works on the pacing and execution as those were issues the now defunct Madagascar A Crate Adventure in Singapore and KFP in USB struggled with. And while Universal is not interested in trackless rides right now, I think depending on the space and the theme Zelda would be an IP that could use a trackless ride system well if you are transversing ruins or a castle.

If Zelda indeed gets a ride a boat ride like what was rumored a couple of years ago is probably what came to most of our minds. I just hope that Universal works on the pacing and execution as those were issues the now defunct Madagascar A Crate Adventure in Singapore and KFP in USB struggled with. And while Universal is not interested in trackless rides right now, I think depending on the space and the theme Zelda would be an IP that could use a trackless ride system well if you are transversing ruins or a castle.

I would propose a scoop ride would be as effective and could be done in a way that didn't mimic or feel like Transformers/Spiderman. I'm just not a fan of trackless vehicles due to their downtime issues.

I would propose a scoop ride would be as effective and could be done in a way that didn't mimic or feel like Transformers/Spiderman. I'm just not a fan of trackless vehicles due to their downtime issues.
Downtime seems to be a recurring theme on some trackless rides like Rise.