The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 117 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ok real question, are they upgrading the projection?

I have to wonder what those videos would look like on something other than film projectors lol

This is honestly my thought process. We know they've upgraded attractions in the past quietly, so why not redo the rendering/quality of the animation? Might be the best time to do so, and they did redo the Terminator 2 3D Preshow before that thing closed. Wouldn't be out of depth that Universal would redo the animation for a show.

PF is actually a pretty decent attraction. If they would redo the poor video, or at least upgrade the CGI, it would be a damn good attraction. Plus PF fills a void in IOA,
a park that's lacking in indoor attractions. Not every attraction needs to be high thrill. There are a good number of guests that aren't teenagers, or twenty/thirty somethings craving high thrills, after all.

PF is actually a pretty decent attraction. If they would redo the poor video, or at least upgrade the CGI, it would be a damn good attraction. Plus PF fills a void in IOA,
a park that's lacking in indoor attractions. Not every attraction needs to be high thrill. There are a good number of guests that aren't teenagers, or twenty/thirty somethings craving high thrills, after all.

Yup. The base of the attraction is perfectly fine, it's just the storyline/weak CGI. I've always believed that if it had an IP presence it would be way easier to understand & more popular.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Nico
This is honestly my thought process. We know they've upgraded attractions in the past quietly, so why not redo the rendering/quality of the animation? Might be the best time to do so, and they did redo the Terminator 2 3D Preshow before that thing closed. Wouldn't be out of depth that Universal would redo the animation for a show.
Yeah, if it's going to last 6 more years (on the low end)...it may be wise to get ILM to re-animate the big scene

I wouldn't put it past them, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they just upgraded to better projection and called it a day

At the same time, it seems like they're doing some serious work on it tho

It makes good business sense to maintain PF as a viable attraction. It's doubtful Universal will replace LC in the near future since Hagrids and VC were just built. Without PF, Lost Continent is just a wasted walkway between Seuss and Potter, with a handful of people eating kabobs on sidewalk tables and the people indoors at Mythos. With PF, sans vacant Sindbad theater, it's at least a minor land again.

Ok another question.

How long have they been working on this? Technically it has been closed since 2020...have they been tinkering inside since then?

Did they start a few months ago when the walls went up?

Curiosities

Look at them and their cute little Global Discover Group sign

FI6X6G1XMAEKlIw

Good news. I greatly enjoy PF. It's old time Universal, in a park (IOA) that needs a better balance of indoor attractions. Sounds like it'll stick around for a while.

Agreed, while I would like to see them eventually change up the story, I'm glad they're taking the opportunity to give the attraction some much needed TLC. It's definitely something I wish other parks would've done when they had the chance.

Agreed, while I would like to see them eventually change up the story, I'm glad they're taking the opportunity to give the attraction some much needed TLC. It's definitely something I wish other parks would've done when they had the chance.
It is one of the better attractions of its type.

The only issue is the attraction type it is.

I will stand by the fact that the next decade will cement it better as a "Universal classic"...and dare I say people will miss it