The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 115 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Any Info on if Poseidon will be upgraded in any way and when it will reopen. Some modern projection mapping and Reshot ending would help give new life to this Attraction. I'm missing this experience.

Any Info on if Poseidon will be upgraded in any way and when it will reopen. Some modern projection mapping and Reshot ending would help give new life to this Attraction. I'm missing this experience.

This is just a guess but they may be taking their time since the next major thing on the calendar would be the holidays. Maybe that’s the target re-open? Seems like if they were just re-painting it shouldn’t have taken this long. When I was there 2 weeks ago we were doing the trick or treat thing with my daughter and when we went to that gift shop out the last door they had a small opening in the work wall. From what I could see it didn’t look like much had changed in the outdoor queue at least. I hope it re-opens by our trip right after thanksgiving.

Very old plans.
Let's just say that the outgoing Shrek theater will probably be used for something that no one has deduced yet. A temporary meet and great/store/snack shop...for Nintendo. At least for a few years until EU is up and running. Afterwards, I have no clue what will happen... with any of the proposed areas. But I would love for the former BMG theater to become a DreamWorks theater like in Hollywood. Will it happen... IDK? As far as kidzone, I see that being formulated into Pokemon and LC becoming Zelda. That's just a guess though. Fear factor will be a Potter attraction... just not sure what's being formulated exactly for the actual attraction, although I've heard the theories and I'm just not sold yet.

Let's just say that the outgoing Shrek theater will probably be used for something that no one has deduced yet. A temporary meet and great/store/snack shop...for Nintendo. At least for a few years until EU is up and running. Afterwards, I have no clue what will happen... with any of the proposed areas. But I would love for the former BMG theater to become a DreamWorks theater like in Hollywood. Will it happen... IDK? As far as kidzone, I see that being formulated into Pokemon and LC becoming Zelda. That's just a guess though. Fear factor will be a Potter attraction... just not sure what's being formulated exactly for the actual attraction, although I've heard the theories and I'm just not sold yet.
Are these personal wishes or informed speculation?

The Minions thing makes sense, thematically in the area it’s in rn so I believe that rumor. Anything Nintendo would be fun before EU, but I doubt anything happens.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
So are they really not gonna open Poseidon’s Fury for thanksgiving and the holidays? If not now when will they re-open? Is it possible they put up walls with intent to refurb and decided during that time that they’ll go full steam ahead with the Zelda thing? Seems like that would still be a few years away.