The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 116 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So are they really not gonna open Poseidon’s Fury for thanksgiving and the holidays? If not now when will they re-open? Is it possible they put up walls with intent to refurb and decided during that time that they’ll go full steam ahead with the Zelda thing? Seems like that would still be a few years away.
The walls around the Poseidon sign came down today, revealing a beautifully repainted sign and railings. I assure you it’s staying Poseidon’s Fury for awhile.

They’ve moved work inside and there was more to clean up than they were expecting so refurbishment will probably continue though December, hopefully reopening in January.

I’m hoping it can open sooner, and I know they wanted it open by now for the holiday crowds, but I’m glad it’s getting some love.

The walls around the Poseidon sign came down today, revealing a beautifully repainted sign and railings. I assure you it’s staying Poseidon’s Fury for awhile.

They’ve moved work inside and there was more to clean up than they were expecting so refurbishment will probably continue though December, hopefully reopening in January.

I’m hoping it can open sooner, and I know they wanted it open by now for the holiday crowds, but I’m glad it’s getting some love.

Awesome! Glad to hear the walls came down. Sad we won’t get to do it on our trip in 1 week but hopefully when we go in Spring. Excited to see how it looks after the refurbishment is finished!

Reactions: belloq87
Have they ever had these characters out in the park before that you know of?

I like park specific IPs. Maybe Earl has started a trend.
It's certainly better than having flavor of the month characters from the latest film in the parks for about a month until they disappear into the vaults of time.

But this is genuinely great. Can't wait to see if there's a new character for Mardi Gras.

Ok real question, are they upgrading the projection?

I have to wonder what those videos would look like on something other than film projectors lol
The CGI in the video is so unacceptably bad by today’s standards that I really hope if they upgrade the projectors they also give a clean coat of shine to the animation (kinda like the Mummy turntable section).