The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 309 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd honestly rather the event be cancelled then have this watered down stuff. This sounds awful. Just cancel it, if houses are going to be majorly affected and with the possibility of no scarezones im crying inside. I would want 30 to be the best it can be and not have it influenced by cough cough. Rip HHN this year lol.
Ok, we know nothing about what’s happening. It could be a go or it could be cancelled, who knows. Let’s stop with the covid talk. There’s two or three of you constantly bringing it up. Please keep the topic on speculation and not just aimless negativity

Ok, we know nothing about what’s happening. It could be a go or it could be cancelled, who knows. Let’s stop with the covid talk. There’s two or three of you constantly bringing it up. Please keep the topic on speculation and not just aimless negativity

To emphasizes from a moderation perspective, we'd like all COVID impact talk to go into the appropriate threads. We don't mind the questions within reason, we have noticed that the same people keep bringing up worries. We want answers but right now Universal doesn't have them or know them.

We won't know if the changes are good or not till it's open. When given the most freedom and flexibility they've given us some mediocre stuff, with constraints and issues they give us some of the best.

Anyway, I don't think we're getting an icon house this year. If we're celebrating the 20s then what icons would it be? Lady Luck, Jack, and Chance? I think we'll have a retrospective house... maybe one that combines favorite original concepts into one idea, one location...

Personally I’d rather have TC if we had to choose between the two. Finding enough stuff that wasn’t already in M&M...good luck with that. If I had to guess: Scarecrow, Dead Waters, Slaughter Sinema...maybe Dollhouse, but potentially too similar to Bedtime Stories. Would they do a scene from Graveyard Games, since that was just last year? Doubtful.

Last edited:
Personally I’d rather have TC if we had to choose between the two. Finding enough stuff that wasn’t already in M&M...good luck with that. If I had to guess: Scarecrow, Dead Waters, Slaughter Sinema...maybe Dollhouse, but potentially too similar to Bedtime Stories. Would they do a scene from Graveyard Games, since that was just last year? Doubtful.
I feel like we need a yeti in here somewhere

I feel like we need a yeti in here somewhere

I’m going off the fact that none of the three anni years so far had scenes from houses the previous year.

EDIT: Swamp Yeti, oops. Doesn’t change the fact that I’m okay with TC being our designated nod to the past. And then three fresh new ideas. Maybe it’s because they did the sequel I really wanted already.

Last edited:
Reactions: Living Dead Dude
Was expecting criticism when I posted. I just don't want anything to change. But alas it might, I just don't want the big 30 to be remembered as watered down, or defective in any way. This was the year man. Life just happened I guess...

Reactions: Kadath
Was expecting criticism when I posted. I just don't want anything to change. But alas it might, I just don't want the big 30 to be remembered as watered down, or defective in any way. This was the year man. Life just happened I guess...

I too, would rather they wait til next year to go all out if they can't this year. Which is why it's so much more fun to talk about ideas for when they can then debate if they can this year...

I'm going to be honest though, I had a feeling this year would have a hard time pleasing me, going by the fact that I was completely unimpressed with most of the wishlists I saw (not necessarily on this site, rather on the subreddit and Facebook group).

Last edited:
If they were to wait until next year, what would happen to the previously constructed mazes? Would they just remain intact? Would they be deconstructed? Since I thought that they have to use some of them for the Mardi Gras floats and for Grinchmas? (assuming those two happen) And they also use them for other things? I thought.

If they were to wait until next year, what would happen to the previously constructed mazes? Would they just remain intact? Would they be deconstructed? Since I thought that they have to use some of them for the Mardi Gras floats and for Grinchmas? (assuming those two happen) And they also use them for other things? I thought.

In either event, they would have the pieces ready to go. Why do you think the house that Us replaced late in the game is rumored?

Now, let's get back to talking about the content of the event itself, please!

They would likely remain in place. The only house that impacts daily ops (to a severe degree) is whatever is in Shrek, and that typically doesn’t start construction until June/July.

if anything, IF this year is to continue, it would be seen more positively than what you’re anticipating. even if the content itself isn’t top tier, the show still went on. they adapted to the times and did the best they possibly could. HHN has always had to adapt to new and unexpected situations (see 9/11), this is really no different.

Reactions: ShellyFinkelstein
if anything, IF this year is to continue, it would be seen more positively than what you’re anticipating. even if the content itself isn’t top tier, the show still went on. they adapted to the times and did the best they possibly could. HHN has always had to adapt to new and unexpected situations (see 9/11), this is really no different.

We can only hope for as good content in the following years as we seemingly got in the years post-9/11.

I think the originals are mostly gonna be the same anyways, considering the seeming overlap and ambiguity with some of the presented concepts by TPU.

TCM and Invisible Man happening are both flunks to me. I can live with Billie. It would remind me of 25’s lineup in a way. How convenient.
What he said.

Anyway, this "Earthquake" rumor came seemingly from out of nowhere.

As with the rest stuff on the TPU stuff that wasn’t on the spec map.

But it seems the most out of nowhere / random hence why I’m leaning on the theory that if that is the lineup (not doubting Ringwraith but keeping my options open) that that’s something else they don’t have enough on.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I think what would help the current mood would be a press conference or update from HHN. I don’t think that will happen soon, but it would at least set things straight. The ambiguity of the current situation is causing everyone to worry.

Reactions: BoSoxFan1022
I think what would help the current mood would be a press conference or update from HHN. I don’t think that will happen soon, but it would at least set things straight. The ambiguity of the current situation is causing everyone to worry.
It would be nice for something definitive...But they're unfortunately not in a place to announce anything definitive haha

HHN is a go unless otherwise stated

It would help a minute fraction of a percent of the population. Most people are not thinking about HHN right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.