The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 308 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the originals are mostly gonna be the same anyways, considering the seeming overlap and ambiguity with some of the presented concepts by TPU.

TCM and Invisible Man happening are both flunks to me. I can live with Billie. It would remind me of 25’s lineup in a way. How convenient.

On the plus side, there's two houses that I think might fit the "new ideas" quota. Earthquake and yes, Invisible Man, depending on how loose they could play it. The third worst thing (after "cancelled" and "family friendly") HHN can be is "cookie cutter" and "formulaic," so we need some things to subvert the formula occasionally.

To me, no TC is the biggest con. If they were *hypothetically* allowed to do so, at least make it a zone in NY. Would also like an even split. Agree about TCM--replace it with TC and you could have a pretty damn good event.

Last edited:
In that case, can we please get back to guessing/giving our opinions on the content of the event? I don't mean to be rude to anyone, but it's just a vastly more fun topic.
Completely agree! Personally the house I’m looking forward to the most is the bride house! If it’s based on the film it could be extremely fun and if it’s own solo vs story that sounds awesome as well! Honestly I hope the music is billie rather then her getting her own house but I’ve always been a sucker for music houses and jealous hollywood gets them so I’m extremely excited to see about all the possibilities this house could bring!

Completely agree! Personally the house I’m looking forward to the most is the bride house! If it’s based on the film it could be extremely fun and if it’s own solo vs story that sounds awesome as well! Honestly I hope the music is billie rather then her getting her own house but I’ve always been a sucker for music houses and jealous hollywood gets them so I’m extremely excited to see about all the possibilities this house could bring!

W/ Billie, while I'm ~10 years too old to like her stuff, I think you could make a decent full-time Sally dark ride out of it in the vein of Nights in White Satin @ Hard Rock Park.

On the plus side, there's two houses that I think might fit the "new ideas" quota. Earthquake and yes, Invisible Man, depending on how loose they could play it. The third worst thing (after "cancelled" and "family friendly") HHN can be is "cookie cutter" and "formulaic," so we need some things to subvert the formula occasionally.

To me, no TC is the biggest con. If they were *hypothetically* allowed to do so, at least make it a zone in NY. Would also like an even split. Agree about TCM--replace it with TC and you could have a pretty damn good event.

I do think that “Earthquake” may be Terra C coming from a misinformed. Otherwise, something about it is oddly generic sounding.

I do think that “Earthquake” may be Terra C coming from a misinformed. Otherwise, something about it is oddly generic sounding.
I agree something about it just doesn’t sound right about the whole idea. However if it’s not terra maybe a volcano could cause the earthquake so we get some lava zombies lmao

Reactions: Disneyson1
I'd honestly rather the event be cancelled then have this watered down stuff. This sounds awful. Just cancel it, if houses are going to be majorly affected and with the possibility of no scarezones im crying inside. I would want 30 to be the best it can be and not have it influenced by cough cough. Rip HHN this year lol.

I'd honestly rather the event be cancelled then have this watered down stuff. This sounds awful. Just cancel it, if houses are going to be majorly affected and with the possibility of no scarezones im crying inside. I would want 30 to be the best it can be and not have it influenced by cough cough. Rip HHN this year lol.
Don’t be negative yet. Go with the flow.

I wonder how they will do (if it is done) the Icon House. I’m not sure going back to the warehouse from 20 is still something they want to do, but otherwise what could the conceit be? Perhaps the Storyteller recounts the history of terror. Or maybe we step through a flaming Halloween Tree, or something to that effect. Maybe The Legendary Truth maze and the Icon Mashup is the same maze - like, Boris Shuster has discovered all of these other icons and now has you either walking through his case files or else he has recruited you to be part of LT to try to stop some sort of attack, either ending in him trapping the spirits for another ten-ish years, with a flashlight pop scare at the end like “Get out of here!”or else being murdered himself. Though I think killing Boris would definitely be a sign to fans that LT is forever dead and perhaps counter-productive to a celebration of nostalgia.

I also wonder if we’ll see characters like Lady Luck, Bloody Mary, Cindy, Fear, Bone... because they’re mostly female characters, I definitely think it would give casting some flexibility to include them, and to offer some fan service for lesser known characters.

As for the scenes, would the characters be in their own “lairs”, enacting moments from their origin stories? Or else in a location (Like Carrie, OH) in a spin on the original concept of “The Fallen”, with LT members caught in fights with the Icons?

Reactions: SpookyAuctor25

Perhaps. And while I would rather it be TC, we haven't really seen an earthquake as a theme since at least 2000.

Ever since I read through the 25 spec thread on Nightmares, it has REALLY increased my desire to see new themes and gimmicks that subvert the formula. Gimme a Dungeon of Terror mystery spot time loop house. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Disneyson1

Personally.. this is a poor take.

Don’t cancel the event unless absolutely necessary, the best businesses adapt in these kind of situations and that’s what they’ll do.

We’ve gotten so wrapped up in what makes HHN good that we won’t accept anything different, they have proven they’re taking the pandemic seriously so health matters aside let the event happen and criticise it after.

I wonder how they will do (if it is done) the Icon House. I’m not sure going back to the warehouse from 20 is still something they want to do, but otherwise what could the conceit be? Perhaps the Storyteller recounts the history of terror. Or maybe we step through a flaming Halloween Tree, or something to that effect. Maybe The Legendary Truth maze and the Icon Mashup is the same maze - like, Boris Shuster has discovered all of these other icons and now has you either walking through his case files or else he has recruited you to be part of LT to try to stop some sort of attack, either ending in him trapping the spirits for another ten-ish years, with a flashlight pop scare at the end like “Get out of here!”or else being murdered himself. Though I think killing Boris would definitely be a sign to fans that LT is forever dead and perhaps counter-productive to a celebration of nostalgia.

I also wonder if we’ll see characters like Lady Luck, Bloody Mary, Cindy, Fear, Bone... because they’re mostly female characters, I definitely think it would give casting some flexibility to include them, and to offer some fan service for lesser known characters.

As for the scenes, would the characters be in their own “lairs”, enacting moments from their origin stories? Or else in a location (Like Carrie, OH) in a spin on the original concept of “The Fallen”, with LT members caught in fights with the Icons?
If we get a icon house I really hope it’s a kind of walk into each icons lair and I would love to see bloody Mary’s and Lady Luck in the house! I think a icon house that was kinda like last years monster house would be incredible!

Last edited:
Reactions: BoSoxFan1022
It's just hard to see things being changed with so little time left to prep. Just my thoughts.

We won't know if the changes are good or not till it's open. When given the most freedom and flexibility they've given us some mediocre stuff, with constraints and issues they give us some of the best.

Anyway, I don't think we're getting an icon house this year. If we're celebrating the 20s then what icons would it be? Lady Luck, Jack, and Chance? I think we'll have a retrospective house... maybe one that combines favorite original concepts into one idea, one location...

Reactions: SeventyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.