The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 306 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the end of the speculation run last year, it was gathered the Tooth Fairy was not standalone, but part of Bedtime Stories. (Perhaps akin to the Green Witch in ST: DEA).

Yeah the “Victorian Tooth Fairy” idea is word for word what we were told last year about the Bedtime Stories idea.

if TCM is coming like TPU says, i can’t help but wonder if it’ll be a clone of blood brothers. it would be too early to revisit the 1974 film, and lord only knows if the rights to TCM 2 will ever be pulled from cannon’s cold dead hands. as much as i would love to see the insane scenes from the sequel be adapted into a house, bringing over a fairly well received house that has *some* elements from it would be enough for me

if TCM is coming like TPU says, i can’t help but wonder if it’ll be a clone of blood brothers. it would be too early to revisit the 1974 film, and lord only knows if the rights to TCM 2 will ever be pulled from cannon’s cold dead hands. as much as i would love to see the insane scenes from the sequel be adapted into a house, bringing over a fairly well received house that has *some* elements from it would be enough for me

So Blood Brothers was an original take on TCM? Sorta like Flesh Wounds? Interesting.

Reactions: The Storyteller
So Blood Brothers was an original take on TCM? Sorta like Flesh Wounds? Interesting.
.......sort of. it’s an original take on TCM 2. hollywood was allowed to utilize chop top but that’s pretty much it in terms on what they were allowed to adapt from the film. the rest was hollywood’s story. the entire franchise has these weird rights issues, but this one probably has the worst.

the whole debacle involving the rights to the film is both fascinating and awful. it’s so strict that tobe hooper’s own family doesn’t have access to it. look up “all american massacre” if you have the chance.

Reactions: Lucky Planet

Wait, I thought Cannon's pre-1991 library is owned by MGM and that they're okay with HHN rn? Are the theme park rights specifically what's confused?

If Invisible Man came, I wonder if they would do anything abstract with it. If it were an entire house of the GG tunnel (as unlikely as that is), that would very easily check off the "novelty/gimmick" box. An earthquake would be something original as well.

Not trying to deny sources or credit, but some of these properties just don’t seem likely for they either happened already or wouldn’t make sense as a house

Not trying to deny sources or credit, but some of these properties just don’t seem likely for they either happened already or wouldn’t make sense as a house
Beetlejuice- classic movie, Beetlejuice was a part of the first HHN HoHH-Popular horror television show, they have already established a relationship with Netflix Invisible Man- popular recent horror movie TCM-classic horror movie, potentially easy get Brides+Billie- Billie Eilish is very popular right now, as was the universal monsters house last year
I’m not really sure why people seem so surprised by these IPs

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Beetlejuice- classic movie, Beetlejuice was a part of the first HHN HoHH-Popular horror television show, they have already established a relationship with Netflix Invisible Man- popular recent horror movie TCM-classic horror movie, potentially easy get Brides+Billie- Billie Eilish is very popular right now, as was the universal monsters house last year
I’m not really sure why people seem so surprised by these IPs
Not those, the ones speculated from TPU, and invisible man.

I don’t dislike the idea of an Invisible Man house but man... if people were curious how Us would translate I’m extremely curious how that would translate.

Also TCM just ugh. Don’t hate the property but it’s even more redundant than the Halloween maxes. If it’s the remake I’ll take it since that had more set variety. Other than that I love this lineup

I don’t dislike the idea of an Invisible Man house but man... if people were curious how Us would translate I’m extremely curious how that would translate.

In the unlikely event they were allowed to go more abstract with it I think it could be something unique and innovative.

There’s something about the TCM idea that feels particularly off to me. Like it feels like someone building something and saying what they think they’re making rather than what it really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.