The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 304 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooo as of now, HHN is a go. I'm assuming that means the spec map 2.0 is still accurate.
Hey guys, as of right now, unfortunately, consider the TPU map the most accurate. They have nailed 7 of the houses so far.

*edit* At least the current plan of execution of 7 houses

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
^TCM makes a lot of sense in the speculation map tent location too. It's a property that doesn't necessarily need large setpieces and actually benefits more from the traditional tent layout, imo.

Although I thought I remember seeing rumors that the Secret IP wasn't a slasher (then again, I've seen some folks not consider it one; so who knows?)...

Reactions: Ringwraith
Invisible man at first would make the most sense being a universal film and fairy popular and relevant but the whole taboo topic kinda threw that out the window. Texas just seems really odd choice this year maybe cause it was done just a few years ago but something doesn’t feel right about it

Reactions: BBPH
Sources for this info?

^The article was ThemeParkUniversity's "Universal Halloween Horror Nights 30: TPU's House Prediction List"

They listed Beetlejuice, Hill House, Billie Eilish, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Blumhouse Invisible Man, Earthquake, Bride of Frankenstein vs. Bride of Dracula, Victorian Tooth Fairy, Pumpkin King, and a Halloween Horror Nights Icon House.

The Speculation Map 2.0 counters this by combining Billie Eilish into the Bride of Frankenstein house and makes no mention of Invisible Man. However, Invisible Man seems like the least speculative and most wishlist of the items on TPU's list, as the paragraph in the article doesn't read like they have any inside info on it.

I've long thought since this article was published that TPU only had minor, vague details on "Earthquake" and that it could actually be the Terra Cruentus, specifically the Terra Queen and her denizens breaking through to our world again. Meanwhile, I have also wondered if the "Legendary Truth: Carey, OH" maze on Spec Map 2.0 will actually be the Icons house. But that still leaves some discrepancy between whether we're getting Dungeon of Terror and another mystery original, or Invisible Man.

Reactions: Ringwraith
^The article was ThemeParkUniversity's "Universal Halloween Horror Nights 30: TPU's House Prediction List"

They listed Beetlejuice, Hill House, Billie Eilish, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Blumhouse Invisible Man, Earthquake, Bride of Frankenstein vs. Bride of Dracula, Victorian Tooth Fairy, Pumpkin King, and a Halloween Horror Nights Icon House.

The Speculation Map 2.0 counters this by combining Billie Eilish into the Bride of Frankenstein house and makes no mention of Invisible Man. However, Invisible Man seems like the least speculative and most wishlist of the items on TPU's list, as the paragraph in the article doesn't read like they have any inside info on it.

I've long thought since this article was published that TPU only had minor, vague details on "Earthquake" and that it could actually be the Terra Cruentus, specifically the Terra Queen and her denizens breaking through to our world again. Meanwhile, I have also wondered if the "Legendary Truth: Carey, OH" maze on Spec Map 2.0 will actually be the Icons house. But that still leaves some discrepancy between whether we're getting Dungeon of Terror and another mystery original, or Invisible Man.
I thought TPU, wasn’t reliable and was just kind of like a wishlist

Reactions: SpookyAuctor25
I thought TPU, wasn’t reliable and was just kind of like a wishlist

That was my impression too, before the above comment. The only other article I could find from them that involved HHN predictions was Ghostbusters last year, a couple of weeks before the leaked stuff and official announcement last year. So they don't seem to have any street cred from previous years, to my knowledge.

That being said, they match a lot of what was already speculated, and then the "Earthquake" thing in particular is a really odd piece of speculation to just be throwing out there willy nilly, imo.

Reactions: HHN Yeti Lover
I’m getting the vibe that half the people are being told one map while the other half is being told the other. Interesting game afoot.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Maybe, given the current state or the world and operations, no one knows what the HHN30 lineup entails as a whole and jumping to conclusions every other day isn't the most logical? Crazy thought there. >_>

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Status
Not open for further replies.