The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 302 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah I understand what you're saying. But I don't think they would need to/want to show any of the "domestic violence" portions of the film for a house. Having pop up scares and some cool effects would be enough for people and I don't think anyone would get stuck on certain themes, especially if they're not a focal point of the house.

I mean.. there was dead kids in Graveyard Games lol.
But, if you take out the “domestic violence” aspect of it, you take out 80% of the film’s narrative and the antagonist’s entire motivation. Everything the titular character does is to emotionally traumatize and manipulate a romantic partner. If you make *us* the target of his aggression, you’re not being true to the source material, and actually eliminate what makes the movie effective in the first place.

Also, people were super upset over the dog in Depths of Fear so I'd assume they'd also be upset about the new IM.

Unrelated to IM talk, but I’ve been wondering a few things and I wanted to know what you guys think. I feel like it’s difficult to word this thought well, so I tried my best to simplify it through bullet points.
  • HHN 2020 is meant to be HHN 30, as it is the 30th event to occur.
  • If the event were cancelled, would they push back the content and the event title of 30 to HHN 2021, assuming that a February/March 2021 belated event doesn’t happen?
  • In this case, do you guys think that the anniversary celebration is more about thirty YEARS or thirty EVENTS?
  • More specifically, will the elements that are reliant on year counts, like the Terra Queen coming back every fifteen years, be scrapped if HHN 2020 doesn’t happen?

Unrelated to IM talk, but I’ve been wondering a few things and I wanted to know what you guys think. I feel like it’s difficult to word this thought well, so I tried my best to simplify it through bullet points.
  • If the event were cancelled, would they push back the content and the event title of 30 to HHN 2021, assuming that a February/March 2021 belated event doesn’t happen?
  • In this case, do you guys think that the anniversary celebration is more about thirty YEARS or thirty EVENTS?
  • More specifically, will the elements that are reliant on year counts, like the Terra Queen coming back every fifteen years, be scrapped if HHN 2020 doesn’t happen?
Thirty years of the event. Not thirty years since they first began :O

What do you think about the Terra Queen in this case, though? 2021 would be sixteen years since she last appeared; would she be back anyway?

I don’t think they’re gonna change original houses just because it dosen’t “fit” in the timeline. If they already have the ten houses designed and in, why design out an 11th house?

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I don’t think they’re gonna change original houses just because it dosen’t “fit” in the timeline. If they already have the ten houses designed and in, why design out an 11th house?
Did we ever come down to whether it would be a house or a street, though? I feel like a street would be easier to give up than an entire house, and it’s just a question of whether or not they would. Of course, this is still going off of the hypothetical that HHN 2020 doesn’t happen at all.

Terra Queen got a bad case of stage-fright & sent us the COVID-19 plague confirmed! :afraid:

Also, people were super upset over the dog in Depths of Fear so I'd assume they'd also be upset about the new IM.

Dead dog in Depths of Fear = public outcry

Dead babies in The Hive and Seeds of Extinction = s'all good

(Though as a proud fur-papa, doggos are far more endearing than loud children. Always breaks my heart to see the animal buddies get offed in the movies; but it isn't off-limits or taboo to me as a viewer. Anyway, old 2019 topic already talked about. May HHN 30 hold nothing back when it comes to gore & victims!)

Did we ever come down to whether it would be a house or a street, though? I feel like a street would be easier to give up than an entire house, and it’s just a question of whether or not they would. Of course, this is still going off of the hypothetical that HHN 2020 doesn’t happen at all.

Either way I don’t think they’re gonna get that picky. If they don’t do the Terra idea for your reasoning that means they won’t use it again until HHN45. I don’t think they’re gonna think on that vein.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I don’t think they’re going to be that wrapped around the axel of semantics. The 30th time it happens will be HHN 30.

the invisible man talk reminds me quite a bit of the reason cindy as an icon was canned; the notion of evil, murderous children was considered insensitive due to the string of child disappearances. having one of the main focuses of the event be an explicit depiction of domestic abuse is just not appropriate or respectful. it’s not people being “offended” or “pc culture” in effect. it’s basic human decency.

hollywood found out this lesson during the spirits and demons controversies. having invisible man or even the previously rumored silence of the lambs could trigger similar controversies here in orlando.

Terra Queen appeared at HHN15 so fifteen years later is HHN30, it was about HHN event years. So we will still are her if HHN30 is canceled.

Reactions: itsabee
Oh yeah I understand what you're saying. But I don't think they would need to/want to show any of the "domestic violence" portions of the film for a house. Having pop up scares and some cool effects would be enough for people and I don't think anyone would get stuck on certain themes, especially if they're not a focal point of the house.

I mean.. there was dead kids in Graveyard Games lol.

It's a weird line. You'll notice there are never really any scenes showing the death of kids. Creepy kids, ghost kids... All OK. I seem to remember they got a little flack for the 2 drowned kids in La Llorona?

If HHN 30 doesn't happen this year, it happens next year. Besides that, we don't know. The semantics of official canon really isn't that important.

Dead dog in Depths of Fear = public outcry

Dead babies in The Hive and Seeds of Extinction = s'all good

(Though as a proud fur-papa, doggos are far more endearing than loud children. Always breaks my heart to see the animal buddies get offed in the movies; but it isn't off-limits or taboo to me as a viewer. Anyway, old 2019 topic already talked about. May HHN 30 hold nothing back when it comes to gore & victims!)

It goes back to the weird line again. It's not that a dog was dead, it was the cheap shock value of it. I guarantee if the dog became infected or died because of a Brooder, it wouldn't have gotten attention. Still - the dog remained, as it should've.

If there is plexiglass (not that I mind) I hope it's easily swappable because I think those things will get scratched to hell every night.
Hah. Scareactors are hard-pressed to get a cloth covering put in place or removed by the techs there (and they work hard to get crap done, just being pulled every which way), never mind removing and replacing all plexiglass in all 10 houses and scarezones.

Also, the techs only stay 30 minutes after scareactors leave and come in only about an hour before them. There's not enough time to do that every day. I could see them doing it maybe once a week/two weeks, but every night will most certainly not happen. Normally they wait until things break before fixing.

Guys, what if the scareactors all wore masks?
I have to assume you mean surgical masks because it's not practical or even possible with some of the IP characters for everyone to where one of the masks you would normally see at HHN.

If I had to wear a mouth/nose covering, WITH whatever latex mask they had over my face, I’d reconsider if I wanted to scare at all. It’s hard enough to breath already in some of those masks. Adding another layer to breath through... eh...
I have a circle of friends i've talked to about this very thing. We're all either former scareactors or just did the event. Probably about 10 of us. Most of us came to the conclusion that we probably wouldn't even feel comfortable scaring this year and it's not worth it for $13/hr.

There is LITERALLY not a single fan who knows who the Terra Queen is who will not return to the event in 2021 because of some perceived continuity error.

How many different ways can we ask is HHN going to happen? Because the answer hasn't changed since Day 1: no one can say for certain (and if it doesn't, your entire hobby of going to theme parks along with this forum is basically over anyway).

Yeah I'd be livid if I went through a Beetlejuice house and he was wearing a cloth mask lol.

Quite honestly, I am for pushing the event back to next year if they think Covid will affect the quality of the event. I love HHN as much as the next guy but I want it to be done right.

Plexiglass wouldn't be the worst, but would it be possible to have it where the scareactors are just.. ya know.. further away? Ala the Yetis above you last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.