The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 387 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, it’s an actual rumor. And I’ve caught wind of some stuff that implies elements of the article are very true.
I would consider a rumor to be something that they could actually pull off. Did someone draw up that idea somewhere? Maybe. But when the implementation falls to an IT team that is trying and failing to plug that data hole I linked to, it’s another in the long list of things someone puts in a PowerPoint but can’t actually get to work.

My money is either stock VL with every house being managed like Hagrids is today or just “space yourselves out” with attendance control.

Seems to me like TPU gets a bad rap sometimes. I don't have a lot of historical acknowledge, so maybe something egregious happened in the past, but it seems like they are usually pretty accurate with their stuff?

Josh gets info but there’s weird angles and grudges he takes that make me pause whenever something is reported by him

I would consider a rumor to be something that they could actually pull off. Did someone draw up that idea somewhere? Maybe. But when the implementation falls to an IT team that is trying and failing to plug that data hole I linked to, it’s another in the long list of things someone puts in a PowerPoint but can’t actually get to work.

My money is either stock VL with every house being managed like Hagrids is today or just “space yourselves out” with attendance control.

Ok dude lol

So, wait. While I’ll acknowledge the ability for third-parties to track VQ distribution is poor IT security, what’s the risk assessment on it? Is PII accessible (VQ doesn’t track PII)? Is the hole risking critical Universal information like finances or project plans (different servers)? If VQ goes down through a DDoS (assuming the server doesn’t have certification or DDoS prevention protocols in place), what is the actual damage to Universal? Maybe Universal considers the risks of third-party tracking of VQ a low enough priority that expanding the capabilities is worth it. Because (without fully knowing the inter-connectivity of certain capabilities), the risk evaluation for this is kinda a shrug. There are much bigger priorities from an IT perspective.

Ok dude lol
I mean, are you doubting that VL isn't just someone having to manually release every single reservation or ...? The gap between where they are today to automating thousands of prioritized "wish lists" ain't getting bridged by early September.

It'll be someone clicking buttons to release reservations bit by bit or attendance control with physical queues.

If Terra is absent from the Icon house, do we think it’s plausible it could slide into that 10th house spot or have we ruled a TC house out with relative certainty?

Edit: Rixflix actually guessed TC would get a full house in one of his more recent videos, but my speculation wasn’t based on that, just coincidence :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.