The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 409 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops, so I screwed up. My misunderstanding was that the TCM house would be based on the 1990s TCM 3, not 3D. That Sawyer estate could make for some nice sets in a soundstage. Not a major fan of that Leathyboi's look either, but it's ok.

Reactions: londonwerecat
I’m pitcturing the set design for Texas chainsaw 3D will be very impressive. Not sure why but I have a feeling it could be some people’s favorite this year

Reactions: reeseyNG
As literally the only person on earth who likes Texas Chainsaw 3D, I am quite interested to see what they do with that house.

I’m pitcturing the set design for Texas chainsaw 3D will be very impressive. Not sure why but I have a feeling it could be some people’s favorite this year

It makes sense. I recall James Janisse regarding this film as featuring the best-looking home throughout the TCM series. While I have a soft spot for the 2003 remake's decrepit "urbexer's dream" aesthetic, either would be pretty awe-inspiring as a soundstage facade.

No clue how they could depict that weird carnival scene though, tbh. I sorta hope they skip it altogether and go exclusively with scenes in the house and then maybe conclude at the warehouse.

It makes sense. I recall James Janisse regarding this film as featuring the best-looking home throughout the TCM series. While I have a soft spot for the 2003 remake's decrepit "urbexer's dream" aesthetic, either would be pretty awe-inspiring as a soundstage facade.

No clue how they could depict that weird carnival scene though, tbh. I sorta hope they skip it altogether and go exclusively with scenes in the house and then maybe conclude at the warehouse.
Do you think they will have the flipped over vehicle set piece? That might look cool.

Reactions: londonwerecat
Sorry this is a little off topic. I’m thinking about the merchandise and I thought of a great idea. What if they made hhn Funko pops. they could make the icons so (jack, chance, the usher etc) or they could even make ones for the ip they are featureing ( beetle juice, leather face, hill house etc). Also they would be exclusive just for hhn. That’s just an idea for merch they could have.

Sorry this is a little off topic. I’m thinking about the merchandise and I thought of a great idea. What if they made hhn Funko pops. they could make the icons so (jack, chance, the usher etc) or they could even make ones for the ip they are featureing ( beetle juice, leather face, hill house etc). Also they would be exclusive just for hhn. That’s just an idea for merch they could have.

They've been doing that for years now lol

Reactions: SeventyOne

I always thought the carnival was one of the better parts of the movie and the once scene that truly stood out in that film I really hope they do something with it even if it’s something small like the mirror maze Facade in US

And perhaps instead of it being ripped from different movies it's ripped from a bunch of plays, kinda like @Legacy 's Ghostlight concept? (That's a fantastic write-up by the way, Legacy.) Unsure if that would be miserable rights-wise or if they can just grab stuff that's public domain at this point.

that’s what makes Legacy’s Ghostlight concept easy when it comes to rights. All of Shakespeare’s work are public domain. The write-up is actually spectacular, so if Mannequin Theater is anything like it, we’re in for a real treat

Edit: okay so I read farther down and it looks like its moving in a movie theater direction rather than live theatre :/

Last edited:
They had ones for the Klowns and Ghostbusters last year (I think). They probably also had others as well.

They've only had ones that were previously produced. They had Ghostbusters and Stranger Things last year. I know they've done Walking Dead. He's looking for exclusive ones though, specifically new figures on the icons.

I know Legacy posted a vinyl figure of Jack from 25, but that's not specifically in the traditional Funko Pop! style. They've never done HHN specific Pop! offerings.

What an original idea! Where did you come up with this?

|
|
|
V

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.