The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 411 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question, what do you guys think the facade for the Icons house may be, personally I hope its the caretakers mansion. That'll be a pretty impressive facade to see in a soundstage.
I don't think that will be the facade, but I hope it at least makes an appearance in the house. I was thinking it could be the Prop Warehouse or maybe the Lantern, because of how Fear was speculated to be central to releasing the icons for this house.

It was!

qDI7etC.jpg
Damn bro, the caretaker living in style! How much money you think he got?

Damn bro, the caretaker living in style! How much money you think he got?
He’s in debt for several thousand dollars the IRS is at his door

If anything, I'd love for the prop warehouse to be the facade for the Icons house.
I figure it’s gonna be something completely original. Kinda like Jack Presents where it was the big ol’ carnival thing. If not, a return to the prop warehouse would be pretty sick.

If they have the car scene and floating backwards guy I’ll be satisfied. A lot of potential. Just walking through the morgue/funeral home could be great.
It’s called “Haunting of Hill House.” Not “Haunting of Funeral Home.”
I really hate this aspect of Resurrection. The facade was completely different from the original and Revisited facades, and there was no real reason for the change. This is not “Screamhouse.”

Since were coming up on July in a few days, is it possible that we could be seeing the announcements soon? My guess was probably around the end of July.

Another thing, shot me if this is in the wrong place, but what is Universal's policy on epilepsy glasses? (goggles). I was talking to my Mother (who has epilepsy) and she said that if she were to go this year then she would obviously need them. This probably wouldn't be a problem if the glasses were not tinted and you could see her eyes. Along with mask that will be a requirement, both of these will cover up her entire face almost. How should I address this at the park? Can I go to guest services and get her a special identification of some sort?

Since were coming up on July in a few days, is it possible that we could be seeing the announcements soon? My guess was probably around the end of July.

Another thing, shot me if this is in the wrong place, but what is Universal's policy on epilepsy glasses? (goggles). I was talking to my Mother (who has epilepsy) and she said that if she were to go this year then she would obviously need them. This probably wouldn't be a problem if the glasses were not tinted and you could see her eyes. Along with mask that will be a requirement, both of these will cover up her entire face almost. How should I address this at the park? Can I go to guest services and get her a special identification of some sort?

Is it POSSIBLE we COULD see announcements soon? Sure. It's also possible Covid might might naturally die off in a month or two (there are actually "experts" saying that). Anybody that says they know exactly when an announcement is happening is most likely lying. If Legacy or another insider says he hears it's coming soon, then it will probably be announced the following Tuesday.

As for the glasses, that won't be a problem at all. Just bring a copy of an Rx or something to be super safe. But they aren't going to say "no sunglasses allowed" and a valid medical excuse trumps everything else.

Also, before you go, ask on these forums (or in someone's review of the event) if there are any strobe heavy houses. Some houses, like Dead Exposure go overboard on them and even with the glasses it might be too much. You, or someone else in your party, might want to do any of those houses FIRST and judge if you think your mother can handle it. Every house and ride has the strobe, epilepsy, motion sickness, heart/diabetese/epilepsy warnings just to legally cover their asses, but you should be able to get an idea of which ones might be most difficult for her and to try them out in advance.

Is it POSSIBLE we COULD see announcements soon? Sure. It's also possible Covid might might naturally die off in a month or two (there are actually "experts" saying that). Anybody that says they know exactly when an announcement is happening is most likely lying. If Legacy or another insider says he hears it's coming soon, then it will probably be announced the following Tuesday.

If I had to bet on it, I'd say late July. Perhaps right before the BOGO deal ends. I couldn't see them NOT announcing anything before the BOGO passes end? Though this year is insane, so who knows?

EDIT - Um, not to start a big discussion about when announcements are coming. Just putting my 2 cents in.

I really hate this aspect of Resurrection. The facade was completely different from the original and Revisited facades, and there was no real reason for the change. This is not “Screamhouse.”
Ah yes, if they decided to feature a Screamhouse facade this year, let's hope for the ultra-impressive 2003 version. I have no issue with the retcon.

DpgYdz4WsAA6gg_.jpg

@Legacy and/or @Ringwraith , how confident are you guys in the current spec map? I'm not trying to look for quick answers/confirmations on anything because obviously nothing is confirmed until it's confirmed, but I'm just very curious based on how much things keep changing. I feel like a lot of it has to contradict what you guys are hearing/seeing, right?

Like, did Billie's role changing as much as it has over the past few months shock you guys as much as us? Or did you guys kinda know what was going on the whole time?

@Legacy and/or @Ringwraith , how confident are you guys in the current spec map? I'm not trying to look for quick answers/confirmations on anything because obviously nothing is confirmed until it's confirmed, but I'm just very curious based on how much things keep changing. I feel like a lot of it has to contradict what you guys are hearing/seeing, right?

Like, did Billie's role changing as much as it has over the past few months shock you guys as much as us? Or did you guys kinda know what was going on the whole time?
To the best of my knowledge, the spec map is fairly accurate. It is just a bare bones representation of what the themes are going to be and there's definitely some unknown, but they nailed most of it IMO.

So without starting a will or will it not happen the governor of Florida just said to avoid enclosed spaces with poor ventilation. They have their work cut out to adjust the event this year. I do believe it will happen, and they actually need it to from a financial perspective. I love the old years at the event, and have a strong feeling this year will carry that tone. Now this is just my two sense and purely speculation but I’m thinking middle of July they announce something.

Reactions: londonwerecat
So without starting a will or will it not happen the governor of Florida just said to avoid enclosed spaces with poor ventilation. They have their work cut out to adjust the event this year. I do believe it will happen, and they actually need it to from a financial perspective. I love the old years at the event, and have a strong feeling this year will carry that tone. Now this is just my two sense and purely speculation but I’m thinking middle of July they announce something.
If I can be 100% honest, besides pulsing, removing things that are easy to touch (SIF, GATs, etc) and social distancing between scares and people, I don't think the houses are gonna be changed much.

I agree with this. I think at most they will pop out for a quick scare and immediately pull back. Watch graveyard games as an example. They will definitely not be getting in our face this year.

HAHAH, let's hope it won't be THAT bad

Edit - In all seriousness, I think the number of scares won't change and plexi won't be used, but they will most definitely be 6 feet away.

Something to think about is if Scareactors are gonna be wearing masks in houses. If so, I think it would be important for the team to make the masks look natural as possible with a characters costume and appearance so it blends in better. Maybe also sell some of the iconic looking ones as merch. We know IP masks are a must, but what about original content excluding icons? I'd kill for a Pumpkin King/ Tooth fairy mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.