The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 412 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the scares are like Graceyard Games, this year is gonna be something special.

Graveyard Games was something special. Barely inched out by UCM as my favorite house last year, but if that was the formula for scares, I’d be happy.

Of course, there’s a lot from that house that couldnt be done with 6 feet of social distancing. I think scares will be more along the lines of Nightingales: Blood Pit.

HAHAH, let's hope it won't be THAT bad

Edit - In all seriousness, I think the number of scares won't change and plexi won't be used, but they will most definitely be 6 feet away.
They literally cannot fit socially distant scares in the houses.
So, talking about HHN and social distancing... Here’s an actual sprung layout, built directly from the CAD (I’m not telling which).

The green is a two-foot wide “Guest Path.”

The blue is “Guest Space;” the area between walls/scenic that guests have access to (I admit I cut off some key employee spots).

The red lines are the “Social Distance,” which here is only a 5ft radius off center of the Guest Path (I flubbed the math).

Purple dots are performer locations.

Basically, social distancing is near impossible in a haunt. The walls serve as the only “protection,” but there are open spaces and you almost aways have performer within 6 ft of you.

View attachment 11996

Last edited:
I don't know if this is a bad thing to say (and it is a late response), but judging by the usual entrance and exit points for the Sprung Tents I think that layout is for Sprung 1.

So the more I think about it the more nervous I am for mannequin theater. I think it truly has potential to be the scariest maze this year but I’m also scared it could be kinda cheesy and repetitive. I keep thinking the final room in Us and it was great but a whole house like thay I’m not sure how well it would be.

They literally cannot fit socially distant scares in the houses.
Ah. Didn't read that. Apologies, lol. I was gonna ask something about it but I'm sure that entire conversation played out so I'll go and read it.

So the more I think about it the more nervous I am for mannequin theater. I think it truly has potential to be the scariest maze this year but I’m also scared it could be kinda cheesy and repetitive. I keep thinking the final room in Us and it was great but a whole house like thay I’m not sure how well it would be.
Mannequin EASILY has the potential to be absolutely horrifying based on concept alone, though I feel like "Mannequin Theater" doesn't cover the entirety of the concept. I mean there are more scares you can do with mannequins besides just the "some are fake some are real" scare, though, I guess.

Very quick, my prediction as to what the banger houses will be:
-Icons
-Brides
-Pumpkin King
-Theater of the Damned
-Eilish

I want Eilish to be really good so bad. It definitely has the potential but I just want to see that house do amazingly for some reason, and I'm not even the biggest fan of her.

Last edited:
Those weren't supposed to be mannequins, so their faces were obscured with wigs. It just came off as cheesy try to pass them off as real people.

But if you embrace the fact they are mannequins, and that is the whole premise, it could be really effective.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I really hate this aspect of Resurrection. The facade was completely different from the original and Revisited facades, and there was no real reason for the change. This is not “Screamhouse.”

I always just thought of it as the facade of the first 2 houses was actually us entering through the back porch and for "Resurrection" we entered through the front.

I always just thought of it as the facade of the first 2 houses was actually us entering through the back porch and for "Resurrection" we entered through the front.
Except the first room in both originals is the parlor, and they both end the graveyard behind the house.
Is that map from the post you quoted for one of the houses this year or from a previous house?
Previous, and the specific house is irrelevant to the point.

There was a building permit dated November, 2003 on the 2006 website which I guess implies the Caretaker built a new mansion. I don't know if he built it over his old burned down house or not,. The permit says "The Town of Nobel" on it, and I think that the Caretaker's original house was in/near Carey, implying he built another mansion elsewhere.

I just hope one of these mansions makes an appearance in the icon house (I really don't mind which). Another possibility is that they could just go the Horror Nights Nightmares/ 25 Years approach and just immediately transport you into the Caretaker's mansion after the previous scene.

If TCM 3D happens, I can't imagine any other facade they would want for a soundstage except the big mansion/estate. That should give us our "pretty plantation-esque building" fill, no problem. :)
I thought it would be the opening scene of the movie with the Hewitt house being mobbed.

I thought it would be the opening scene of the movie with the Hewitt house being mobbed.

I could see this; but eh...if I wanted to be jump scared by a bunch of angry, corrupt southerners...well...nevermind, I'm drifting OT... :bolt:

It'd be the only chance we have at seeing Moseley Drayton and Grandpa though, so I'm in if they can find a way to pull it off!

I mean... are we really surprised Horror Nights is playing fast and loose with the lore/canon? How many times has Jack's origin story changed?
It really hasn’t? It just progressed.

He was a child killer who, when Dr. Oddfellow found out about the murders, was killed and stuffed in a Jack in the Box that Universal inadvertently found and opened in 2000.

After Jack was released, he found Dr. Oddfellow in 2006 and killed him, taking the Cane of Souls to grant himself immortality, and took over Dr. Oddfellow’s carnival (and re-christening it the Carnival of Carnage).

In 2010, it was discovered that Fear was the one in control of Jack. Though the specifics of that were never explained, it logically means Fear kept Jack alive/brought him back to life while he was initially trapped. At the end of 2010, Legendary Truth recaptured Jack along with Fear and the other Icons.

He somehow escaped in 2015, bringing back his Carnival of Carnage before, I guess getting trapped again until Chance came for him in 2016.

It’s one continuous story.

I'm curious, how are they gonna explain the return of Jack? are they going to say that some prison guard accidentally opened the lantern and unleashed him?

Status
Not open for further replies.