The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 483 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting thing I haven’t thought about until now. If Billie is intended to be the big draw house, and is in Shrek...there will be no initial rush. That location typically doesn’t open early.
Killer Klowns was open at rope drop last year (was always the first house I hit on the way to the back of the park). The year before was Halloween 4, and that didn't open until 6:30, so we had to bypass it at rope drop and circle back to it later. Can't remember for sure if Saw was at 6 or 6:30, but I believe it was open at 6 - we just hit the back of the park first that year.

Killer Klowns was open at rope drop last year (was always the first house I hit on the way to the back of the park). The year before was Halloween 4, and that didn't open until 6:30, so we had to bypass it at rope drop and circle back to it later. Can't remember for sure if Saw was at 6 or 6:30, but I believe it was open at 6 - we just hit the back of the park first that year.
Not gonna lie when you said "bypass it at rope drop" I thought you meant breaking and entering HAHAHAH. Honestly, IF Billie is the house it might end up opening as early as the other houses? I don't know how early they tend to open really popular houses, and ops is gonna be totally different this year so who knows?

Not gonna lie when you said "bypass it at rope drop" I thought you meant breaking and entering HAHAHAH. Honestly, IF Billie is the house it might end up opening as early as the other houses? I don't know how early they tend to open really popular houses, and ops is gonna be totally different this year so who knows?
I’d imagine Billie would get a stay and scream that releases to her house

My cousin came down from Ohio to visit and wasn't interested in coming back for HHN at all till I told him there was a Billie Eilish house and he couldn't be more excited. I guess it does have it's place.
POSSIBLY an Eilish house. And if I can be honest I’m beyond excited for it being potential, too. It helps that I’m a fan of hers but I’m feeling the really creepy atmosphere that’s possible if they pull from her music videos!

POSSIBLY an Eilish house. And if I can be honest I’m beyond excited for it being potential, too. It helps that I’m a fan of hers but I’m feeling the really creepy atmosphere that’s possible if they pull from her music videos!
I mean at this point enough reliable sources have said its happening for months now that we can assume at the very least theres a very very good chance theres probably an Eilish house, but of course nothing is confirmed till its confirmed.

Reactions: reeseyNG
I mean at this point enough reliable sources have said its happening for months now that we can assume at the very least theres a very very good chance theres probably an Eilish house, but of course nothing is confirmed till its confirmed.
I just don’t wanna say things are happening when it’s not totally confirmed, don’t wanna get ahead of myself hehe

Ha - I'm ballsy, but not THAT ballsy.

So, under normal circumstances, if Eilish opens at 6 pm (which I think it will), I'd RUN to that house at rope drop. Given the speculative layout of this year's map, I'd then hit Beetlejuice and Hill House over by ET instead of going to the back of the park (like I normally would) because I think those 2 houses will get crowded more quickly than the Anniversary House, Pumpkin House, and Mannequin Theater at the back of the park. Last year, I went to Killer Klowns then Ho1C in the back because that one would jump from 5 min to 40 min at a point between 7:15 and 7:45 on most nights so I had to jump on that quickly.

But I'll be tracking "opening times" and "wait times" through the app for first couple of weeks before setting the plan in stone (obviously I'll be waiting for confirmation on houses and locations as well).

Ha - I'm ballsy, but not THAT ballsy.

So, under normal circumstances, if Eilish opens at 6 pm (which I think it will), I'd RUN to that house at rope drop. Given the speculative layout of this year's map, I'd then hit Beetlejuice and Hill House over by ET instead of going to the back of the park (like I normally would) because I think those 2 houses will get crowded more quickly than the Anniversary House, Pumpkin House, and Mannequin Theater at the back of the park. Last year, I went to Killer Klowns then Ho1C in the back because that one would jump from 5 min to 40 min at a point between 7:15 and 7:45 on most nights so I had to jump on that quickly.

But I'll be tracking "opening times" and "wait times" through the app for first couple of weeks before setting the plan in stone (obviously I'll be waiting for confirmation on houses and locations as well).
Mind if I steal your schedule? Legit gonna screenshot it and use it opening night if it works like this HAHAH

Man, if HHN is dead this year and mostly locals. This will be my most intimate one I get to attend yet. Hoping it stays that way, I know that's not a good thing for Universal but for the lucky ones that do get to go. This will be quite the treat and experience.
Let’s hope this is the case. I’m expecting that it’s going to be very much almost entirely local for the most part.

Reactions: snayberry
You certainly can - but until locations are confirmed and times are established, it may be antiquated. Are you going first week or after?

You certainly can - but until locations are confirmed and times are established, it may be antiquated. Are you going first week or after?
Totally depends. If FF isn’t a thing I’m going opening night and then sometime in October. If Frequent Fear is a thing then I’ll be going as often as possible since university classes are all online in FL. To be fair I’m starting to doubt FF more and more every day.

I’m also just gonna follow your guide regardless of what’s where honestly, hahah. we usually run to the back of the park then work our way forward.

Reactions: JJ591
Totally depends. If FF isn’t a thing I’m going opening night and then sometime in October. If Frequent Fear is a thing then I’ll be going as often as possible since university classes are all online in FL. To be fair I’m starting to doubt FF more and more every day.

I’m also just gonna follow your guide regardless of what’s where honestly, hahah. we usually run to the back of the park then work our way forward.
I don’t want to get ahead of announcements either, but my question is:
Does anyone think express will sell out fast or do you think the natural demand this year will be so low that reduced capacity won’t be an issue?

Cool enjoy - if you want, you can DM me after the first few days and I'll have a better idea - but if you're going opening night, I might be DMing you to find out the logistics :) Too hot for me in early September to wear a mask outside unfortunately, so I'm doing early October.

Regardless, I really do think, from a speculation standpoint, that Beetlejuice, HoHH, and Eilish will probably be the more popular houses. And what's surprising is that none of them are speculated to be in a soundstage (because usually the most popular/crowded house(s) are put into soundstages). So that could throw everything off. The past couple of years, the Parades and the Sprungs have either had originals or "not as mainstream popular" IPs, while MiB has had "fairly popular but not high end popular" IPs; but, the soundstages have had the insanely popular IPs (Stranger Things, Shining, Ghostbusters, Us, etc.) - so the last 2 years have been very similar in that regard from a location standpoint. If the spec map is true, then this year is going to be totally opposite of that, which will make for an interesting experiment: The front of the park generally gets crowded right away while the back of the park is mostly empty. Is that because all the most popular IPs are at the front (which has been the case the last few years)? Or is it because it's the closest thing to you when you enter? This year might help answer that question (depending again on how the logistics of the event is set up with the virus and all).

I don’t want to get ahead of announcements either, but my question is:
Does anyone think express will sell out fast or do you think the natural demand this year will be so low that reduced capacity won’t be an issue?
I don't think there will be Express at all.

Last edited:
Cool enjoy - if you want, you can DM me after the first few days and I'll have a better idea - but if you're going opening night, I might be DMing you to find out the logistics :) Too hot for me in early September to wear a mask outside unfortunately, so I'm doing early October.

Regardless, I really do think, from a speculation standpoint, that Beetlejuice, HoHH, and Eilish will probably be the more popular houses. And what's surprising is that none of them are speculated to be in a soundstage (because usually the most popular/crowded house(s) are put into soundstages). So that could throw everything off. The past couple of years, the Parades and the Sprungs have either had originals or "not as mainstream popular" IPs, while MiB has had "fairly popular but not high end popular" IPs; but, the soundstages have had the insanely popular IPs (Stranger Things, Shining, Ghostbusters, Us, etc.) - so the last 2 years have been very similar in that regard from a location standpoint. If the spec map is true, then this year is going to be totally opposite of that, which will make for an interesting experiment: The front of the park generally gets crowded right away while the back of the park is mostly empty. Is that because all the most IPs are at the front (which has been the case the last few years)? Or is it because it's the closest thing to you when you enter? This year might help answer that question (depending again on how the logistics of the event is set up with the virus and all).

Regardless, I really do think, from a speculation standpoint, that Beetlejuice, HoHH, and Eilish will probably be the more popular houses. And what's surprising is that none of them are speculated to be in a soundstage (because usually the most popular/crowded house(s) are put into soundstages). So that could throw everything off. The past couple of years, the Parades and the Sprungs have either had originals or "not as mainstream popular" IPs, while MiB has had "fairly popular but not high end popular" IPs; but, the soundstages have had the insanely popular IPs (Stranger Things, Shining, Ghostbusters, Us, etc.) - so the last 2 years have been very similar in that regard from a location standpoint. If the spec map is true, then this year is going to be totally opposite of that, which will make for an interesting experiment: The front of the park generally gets crowded right away while the back of the park is mostly empty. Is that because all the most IPs are at the front (which has been the case the last few years)? Or is it because it's the closest thing to you when you enter? This year might help answer that question (depending again on how the logistics of the event is set up with the virus and all).

Oh absolutely, logistically this year is gonna be absolutely NUTS. But honestly? I’m ready.

And yeah, I seriously doubt express is happening. But also I doubted Scareactor Dining but look at where we are now.

I honestly would ge shocked if there isn’t. Tours are happening and in all the years I have been going they are always looking at easy ways to make money. Running scaracter dining this year shows that. Obviously things are different this year, so you absolutely could be right. I hope they offer it.

I honestly would ge shocked if there isn’t. Tours are happening and in all the years I have been going they are always looking at easy ways to make money. Running scaracter dining this year shows that. Obviously things are different this year, so you absolutely could be right. I hope they offer it.
It's been speculated on this board and elsewhere that Express won't be happening. I don't think anybody knows for sure. Doesn't really matter to me either way - I never get it regardless. But I know it's important to others, so for your sake I wouldn't mind it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.