The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 484 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They could make it work entirely through the app? Kinda how you can have your normal pass work on the app and nothing else, so they just scan a barcode on your phone?
Not sure. I haven't heard anything app related in a while. Again, it could happen, but the intel from here and from others I've talked with say it's unlikely. I guess we'll see in the next few weeks.

Express would be an extra way for Universal to make more money. So I wouldn't count it out yet until you hear it from them.
The big reason the parks cancelled Express/Fastpass is line placement. The FP/Express lines run directly next to the regular lines in some attractions. In others, the extra line capacity used by Express could be used to offset capacity lost by social distancing.

If HHN can figure out how to overcome those two issues, they’ll definitely bring back express.

The big reason the parks cancelled Express/Fastpass is line placement. The FP/Express lines run directly next to the regular lines in some attractions. In others, the extra line capacity used by Express could be used to offset capacity lost by social distancing.

If HHN can figure out how to overcome those two issues, they’ll definitely bring back express.

This. I truly can’t see express coming back this year unless they somehow make the two lines literally never meet until they both let out in front of opposite sides of the house entrance or whatever, but that would be such a hassle.

Also, the wait times will already be pretty extended due to parties having to be at least 1-2 rooms in the house apart from each other + queue social distancing, so express on top of that would make the lines scarier than the houses.

This. I truly can’t see express coming back this year unless they somehow make the two lines literally never meet until they both let out in front of opposite sides of the house entrance or whatever, but that would be such a hassle.

Also, the wait times will already be pretty extended due to parties having to be at least 1-2 rooms in the house apart from each other + queue social distancing, so express on top of that would make the lines scarier than the houses.
Right, as I said, spacing along with TM interactions. The spacing is a big problem since they will be pulsing lines. I just don't think they'll have enough room to have 2 pulsed lines at each house. Obviously I could be wrong, but there is a finite amount of space and they will need space for people to walk, rest, etc with having some distancing. They simply can't cram everything in like normal years.

With Hollywood most likely being cancelled could Orlando hold off on IPs like HoHH and BJ till they can share them like original planned?

With Hollywood most likely being cancelled could Orlando hold off on IPs like HoHH and BJ till they can share them like original planned?
I wouldn’t imagine Orlando’s lineup would be affected by Hollywood closing. Maybe Hollywood be able to get the rights to the movies next year, but I doubt uni will pull their biggest crowd drawers

Reactions: Kichkinet85
No. They've already built the houses. And to use the IP again they'd have to negotiate the rights again. Now, they COULD possibly reuse them next year as well if they could get the rights again maybe at a discount. But they are absolutely 100% using them this year unless a Scream situation comes up.

The only thing that would keep an IP from appearing this year is the IP owner pulling permission to use it.

Think there's any chance of that? With the heat Disney is taking for reopening, I wonder if Billie's team or Netflix might get a little nervous of the optics of them being open and supporting a "horror event" in the midst of a pandemic?

There is absolutely no upside for Eilish in being connected to a very prominent Halloween event that will be catering to a fraction of its usual audience, almost entirely locals, but will likely be receiving massive negative PR in the national media and on social media.

Reactions: Clive
There is absolutely no upside for Eilish in being connected to a very prominent Halloween event that will be catering to a fraction of its usual audience, almost entirely locals, but will likely be receiving massive negative PR in the national media and on social media.
Billie is universal music tho so that could be safe I’d be more worried about hill house and beetlejuice

Status
Not open for further replies.