The Simpsons Ride (USH) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

The Simpsons Ride (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They could really do all they wanted just to make a link between Gringotts and the rest of the Wizarding World, but visitors and tourists would begin to think that the park is turning into "The Harry Potter Park." Universal should be known for its diverse theming and attractions, which is my main gripe with having a detached Phase II for Potter. If Universal did decide to proceed with Phase II, it'd be best to place it in the same region of the park, rather than to extend it into other parts. The Studio Tour is one of USH's most prestigious attractions of all time, and forcing it back just to accomodate a popular franchise wouldn't be the smartest move for Universal.

They could really do all they wanted just to make a link between Gringotts and the rest of the Wizarding World, but visitors and tourists would begin to think that the park is turning into "The Harry Potter Park." Universal should be known for its diverse theming and attractions, which is my main gripe with having a detached Phase II for Potter. If Universal did decide to proceed with Phase II, it'd be best to place it in the same region of the park, rather than to extend it into other parts. The Studio Tour is one of USH's most prestigious attractions of all time, and forcing it back just to accomodate a popular franchise wouldn't be the smartest move for Universal.
That is true, but since Universal isn't gettign anything like really great to make rides of... maybe this is our only chance to up the game and add and extra ride... anyways I do really want Universal come up with an original property to make a ride of it... they have been struggling so much lately

Hopefully Minion Mayhem can keep them supported for the long run until they make another great movie!
Well besides... Despicable Me 2 is opening this summer... maybe it becomes a huge hit and the attraction gets justified... though I do think they could have made a family ride that didn't require a crappy simulator like the one in simpsons... maybe something like the one in Transformers, but once again no space... 

I Can only imagine that area to be only simulators, for years to come.
What if you put the ride more inland  like relocating doc brown and that eating area and puting the queue on the hillside?? or I don't know... just do something to that ride... it's awful

Minion Mayhem is a fun ride, I wouldn't say it's awful. But I do think the whole system/process has been reused too many times now.
Well not bad since it's new... but it's once again a simulator... we have one too many in the park... the one that really needs to go is Shrek... really the system they have here in Tijuana to watch movies in 4DX is way better than the one it's in Shrek...

I don't know if I'd count Shrek as a simulator, or even a ride for that matter. You just watch a short movie while your seat moves around. So far, The Simpsons is our only simulator. Transformers is half simulator, half actual ride, which is what I love about it, along with The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man and Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.

The next time I go, each time each clip ends in Transformers I'm going to clap or I'm still not sure because it could ruin the experience for first timers

^Also In The Mummy, "DAD/MOM WASN'T THAT COOL/AWESOME?!!?" (I'm Only Like "That Was Good.")

And, Jerry Is Supposed To Be In Some Way, "Over-Reacting" If He Claps On Every Clip...

Last edited by a moderator:
^ yup, same here. Most anticlimactic and lame ending of any ride, possibly ever...

After the Mummy, I always quote one of the clips from the Simpsons queue which has a clip from the show. The Simpsons saw a lame animatronic version of The Three Little Pigs and Homes says "that was good...but not great...". Me. Every time.

I just remembered something I meant to mention back at the beginning of this thread that's about a small comparison between the Simpsons team members here and the ones in Florida - when you sit down in the Krusty vehicle here in USH, they let you know they're closing the doors, they leave, and that's it. In Florida, before closing the doors, they actually ask everyone if anyone's feeling claustrophobic (this happened both times I rode it in my last trip, so I'm assuming all team members do it). I thought that was really considerate and I think the "Sideshow" employees should at least try to do the same here..