The Simpsons Ride (USH) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

The Simpsons Ride (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, I guess that really goes for every theme park ride in existence. Haha. I just thought it was a nice follow-up to the previous mention in the ride's safety video shown mere minutes before you step into the ride vehicle.

Anyways... what else is there to discuss about The Simpsons Ride?

Personally to this day i think it would've been smart for each omnimax dome to be a seperate ride. I know it would've made the wait time for each "side" longer but if they found a logistical way to split the queue completely for each "dome" abd have each be a different ride, I think that would've been cool. I know not super practical but it ccould've been a good way to increase ride count on paper so to speak, and heck, maybe one side could've been BTTF and one Simpsons. If they invested into the idea, it wouldve been possible.

Reactions: steve
It would've made the current queue a nightmare, though.  :lol: That could've been cool, though. If they had decided to have each Omnimax dome house a different ride, they could've made one themed to Krustyland and the other themed to the rest of Springfield. Something along those lines. Or maybe one dome is based on half of Krustyland, the other dome is based on the other half. I dunno, so many possibilities - and that's just if they were themed on Simpsons alone!  :lol:

It would've made the current queue a nightmare, though. :lol: :lol:
That's why I mentioned it would've been feasible IF they invested to change the queue to make it work out ;)

Oh well. All in the past.

I think if Universal were wise, especially if they plan on keeping Simpsons for a while, I think it would be cool of they go back and reanimate and reprogram portions of the ride similar to the new Star Tours in that certain scenes could be randomized. Would definitely help a bunch IMO considering that comedy attractions get old fast...

Definitely.. or at least give it some Spider-Man treatment and make the animation more vibrant and appealing. In one portion of the ride, Marge's signature green dress is practically white.  <_<

I think the whole feeling of it being rushed may be to keep that overwhelming feel.. but the Simpsons is just a very crazy show, and if it's gonna be turned into a theme park attraction, they're gonna cross all lines possible. I remember when my uncle and aunt went on it (mid-40s, so not too old!) and they needed to sit down for a while after riding it because they were just completely burnt out by all the overwhelming action happening around them all at once.

Anyways, the least they could do is give it more vibrance and appeal. You'd think such a chaotic cartoon world would have bolder, brighter colors. 

Reactions: Jon Fu
Anyways, the least they could do is give it more vibrance and appeal. You'd think such a chaotic cartoon world would have bolder, brighter colors. 
I think that's just the bad projection system. For whatever reason, it's always dim. It's never been amazingly bright.

It was always very dim. Idk why. Usually when a ride like this is more dim, it makes the animation look more real, and I see what they kinda did. It's hard to explain but this type of ride looks better with darker footage. Makes it seem more realistic.

But I agree it's TOO dim.

The problem is it's too dim, it isn't cohesive with the queue footage (2D vs 3D) and awkwardly animated cheap animation. I mean, it is such crappy animation, I can't stand it. Commercials nowadays have better animation.

As a first-time rider, you may not notice it, but repeat riders like us can notice it by the second or third time we're on it. Has it always been this dim?
Ever since it opened in 2008. I was expecting an improvement from Back to the Future.

I think they should have made the ride animation look more like this-

xliy.jpg

Currently I think it looks very textureless, which gives it that cheap feel.

Quick question: any reason why The Simpsons doesn't have a single rider option? I know there's no actual single rider line, but I'm curious why they won't offer the option like Disney does and pass out single rider passes to those who request it. Lots of cars in the ride end up having an empty space sometimes.

Yeah...I just tried to imagine it being implemented. Would pretty much be impossible considering the three levels and how they load/arrange the lines. Pretty much impossible anyway you look at it. Well....that answers my question :) haha

But who would want to ride that thing as single rider :D  ?? Is like going on Shrek 4D alone... Those rides are only tolerable going with people you know... ufff gives me goosebumps

Last edited by a moderator:
I like going on Shrek 4D alone sometimes only to see the reactions of newbies watching the show. Kinda funny.

Aaaand also for another reason, which involves me personally "enhancing" the 4D effects for the guests next to me but idk if I should mention how ;)