Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Simpsons Ride (USH)

Took that pic around 11pm... There was a small line along that wall where the Krustyland map is, but I waited (impatiently) for the line to move just to get that perfect view...

So I encountered something I hadn't before when I went on Simpsons sunday night. We sat in the ride vehicle during the ENTIRE "teen studying" screen for so long that it changed to THIS.... not sure if anyone else has seen this screen before the ride started before or not.. No idea why we sat there so long.

FgM1O1w.jpg

Also... I don't know if it was because of the ride vehicle I was in or what, but the screen didn't seem as bright... or maybe it was a bad projector. I think Simpsons needs a refurb or something...

Seen that way too many times than I'd care to admit.

I do agree that Simpson's needs updated projectors. They've never been the brightest in the world to begin with, and they've only been getting darker.

Yea I've seen that screen almost every visit. 

Seen that way too many times than I'd care to admit.

I do agree that Simpson's needs updated projectors. They've never been the brightest in the world to begin with, and they've only been getting darker.
Funny enough when I went a few weeks ago I noticed the projectors were brighter than I remember. That was in Dome 1 though. Not sure how it is in the other. 

Odd, it's been only getting consistently darker for me. I remember rumors we were supposed to get new projectors by the time Springield opens.

Isn't it weird/sad that The Simpson's Ride, which is supposed to be a flagship attraction, has a cheaper and less detailed facade and queue compared to a new FOOD COURT?! I hope that if the rumors hold up that Transformers is getting a new facade that the same will apply towards Simpson's.

I have noticed an odd change in the operations of the ride. They are now having guests skip watching the ride safety video. As soon as they enter the pre-show room, the guests just quickly walk through it and board the ride right away.

I have noticed an odd change in the operations of the ride. They are now having guests skip watching the ride safety video. As soon as they enter the pre-show room, the guests just quickly walk through it and board the ride right away.
They're still doing that? I had experienced that last week and I assumed they were having some technical difficulties with the ride.

I rode the ride last week and twice today. All three times they did what I described.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope this is permanent. That pre-show was getting really old. That Neil Armstrong joke is only funny so many times.

I hope this is permanent. That pre-show was getting really old. That Neil Armstrong joke is only funny so many times.
Hell I'll say that it was never funny to begin with.

I have no idea why they would do this. Furthering capacity would warrant guests to already be in the room the second the doors open, and I guess after eight years (and one built land), Fox and the Simpsons producers must not really care enough to enforce that guests are to watch all aspects of the preshow anymore. Did anybody notice if the TVs in the preshow room were dark? I wonder if there's something wrong there that they're trying to fix.

Does anyone know if they constantly run both theaters? That line moves so slowly, I sometimes think they must be running only one.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the current double-preshow setup they have, the wait time for the ride rarely ever drops below 20 minutes. I've found that I'm not very determined to ride The Simpsons Ride or Minion Mayhem in my more recent trips given that they both include two preshows in the queue. It kills the re-ride factor.

Adding to what's been previously mentioned, the ride safety guidelines now play for ALL guests in the main pre-show room, and guests just board without the hassle of waiting in the waiting room. Really weird to see.