The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 674 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Glad you liked the idea, Colleendoll :) Honestly, I think it's the only thing that would work...I would hate to have to deal with a parent who was upset because their child was resistant. More than likely, those parents will be trying to live vicariously through their children.

--- Update ---

The original Butterbeer mugs are starting to jump on eBay. I wish I bought more because I want to keep the ones I have.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313&_nkw=butterbeer&_sacat=See-All-Categories
I should have bought another one, too...but I didn't expect them to sell out.

Regarding the queue.
Everytime I rode it, the TM's asked anyone who wants to watch the preshow to stand aside and let the others pass. My guess is that some guests don't like the idea of letting guests go ahead of them and that can cause havoc with the loading. Once you leave DADA classroom, you enter Gryffindor Common Room and here is where Single rider line, unused Express Pass line, and regular lines converge. There aren't too many switchbacks because of that and this area often moves very fast. I agree that Express pass should be used because that would help eliminate the rushing of people through the preshow. That would also move more people indoors into A/C and out of that hot boring greenhouse.

Thanks for the link, hatetofly.
Lord, people in the comments of those articles are so pessimistic. I have to remind myself not to read them anymore...and somehow the discussion in the comments always ends up on the topic of politics (especially on MSN articles). I'm glad we have places like the OU to discuss the topic and truly enjoy it.

Thanks for the link, hatetofly.
Lord, people in the comments of those articles are so pessimistic. I have to remind myself not to read them anymore...and somehow the discussion in the comments always ends up on the topic of politics (especially on MSN articles). I'm glad we have places like the OU to discuss the topic and truly enjoy it.

I tend not to read the comments as well on most things Potter. 99% of the people who are critical off Potter land have not even been and or in a Disney trance.

I saw some guys comment about "no wonder we have lousy incumbents in this next election" or something like that, and I'm thinking, what does this have to do with Harry Potter? Haha people never cease to amaze me. I guess it's that age-old rule that with everything in life, someone has to have a problem with it!

I saw some guys comment about "no wonder we have lousy incumbents in this next election" or something like that, and I'm thinking, what does this have to do with Harry Potter? Haha people never cease to amaze me. I guess it's that age-old rule that with everything in life, someone has to have a problem with it!

It is true.

To the people who have overly critical (since crtiical is ok there is just something instinctive when you read something you know is a bogus point) there are two things to note.

It is jealousy as some have already said and just tell them this, "What place is there that gives you a better Potter experience?"

Hopeful rumor on the benches, from Screamscape:
I was sent an interesting rumor about Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. According to our source Universal is preparing to finalize the budget needed to modify the restraint system on all of the Flying Benches to be more accommodating of larger riders. According to the leak from the Ministry of Magic the restraints will be modified so that you will only need the equivalent of “1 Click” of the restraint as it is today to ride, instead of 3. Don’t look for this to happen overnight however, as it will likely be early very late 2010 or early 2011 before we see this put to use on the ride.

Tbad, that is fantastic!!

I wonder who was the genius though that decided 3 clicks are needed instead of just putting on bigger teeth in order for larger people to ride.

I was at the park last week, and I heard someone ask about the Pygmy Puffs. They were told the pygmy puffs have to breed and they won't be ready till September.

September is what I heard. I thought the whole thing was funny because the people asking when they woud have them in said wow that's a long time to breed, and the lady working said pygmy puffs are picky so it takes awhile.

Hopeful rumor on the benches, from Screamscape:

So were those reports a few weeks back about 1 click being allowed to ride fake? Also does anyone know if the TMs are allowed to push using both hands now? At 1st it was yes, then almost no pushing, then 1 armed. It changed so many times I lost count. I gave up after my last attempt, just doesn't seem worth it anymore.