The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 676 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So, we're leaving for Orlando this Friday (driving) and arriving at the Hard Rock sometime Saturday afternoon. Both nervous and excited, I guess. We love HP but are not looking forward to battling the crowds.....our youngest son is autistic; he loves HP too, but I'm concerned about what he can really handle. He is not prone to meltdowns, and we think he will enjoy Flight of the Hippogriff. I was thinking we could take the occasional break on the patio of the 3 Broomsticks - I was just wondering if we have to go through the restaurant to access the patio, or is there a way to walk around? Also, for those that have been, are there other areas in Hogsmeade we just shouldn't even try to go to with him? We plan to take advantage at least our first day of the early hour for hotels guests and thought we would go to Ollivander's first, but only if the line doesn't look too bad yet. After that we would probably explore the shops before they get too crowded. I'm not even planning on taking him thru the FJ queue, as he wouldn't ride it anyway. Or am I even crazy to consider that area at all? My husband and I can take turns going to WWoHP w/ our oldest if that is the case.

There is an alley just past the three broomsticks restaurant on the left that is also the area of gringots atm... you can get to the patio that way. Be aware, there may not be any seating or shade available! I see no reason you can not take him through the FJ queue, there are outs at various places and attendants will be able to help you to safety. Remember, you can do the entire queue without having to ride. I would ask guest services if there is any special lanyard or pin to let attendants know you have a son with special circumstances. Perhaps something that would make him feel cool to have. Anyone know about this being an offering?

Thank you both. I know Disney has a GAC that we have made use of in the past, but I never really considered it for Universal, since for the rest of the park we can use our room key as Express Pass on certain attractions. Perhaps I will call Guest Services tomorrow and ask.

Thank you both. I know Disney has a GAC that we have made use of in the past, but I never really considered it for Universal, since for the rest of the park we can use our room key as Express Pass on certain attractions. Perhaps I will call Guest Services tomorrow and ask.

What is GAC? Sounds like something I do every day when I brush my teeth...

There is an alley just past the three broomsticks restaurant on the left that is also the area of gringots atm... you can get to the patio that way. Be aware, there may not be any seating or shade available! I see no reason you can not take him through the FJ queue, there are outs at various places and attendants will be able to help you to safety. Remember, you can do the entire queue without having to ride. I would ask guest services if there is any special lanyard or pin to let attendants know you have a son with special circumstances. Perhaps something that would make him feel cool to have. Anyone know about this being an offering?

Universal does have this program and I have used it with family friends who have special needs. Universal will ask to see a doctors notice and you should contact customer service first thing tomorrow for what they can offer your family. We have been to Disney with them as well and same program. Contact customer service and let them know the dates your attending. Bring a doctors note to guest services and they will take care of you from there. Both resorts and very accomidating and it will make things easier for your son and in turn you guys.

Universal does have this program and I have used it with family friends who have special needs. Universal will ask to see a doctors notice and you should contact customer service first thing tomorrow for what they can offer your family. We have been to Disney with them as well and same program. Contact customer service and let them know the dates your attending. Bring a doctors note to guest services and they will take care of you from there. Both resorts and very accomidating and it will make things easier for your son and in turn you guys.

I will probably call guest services today - but Universal requires the doctor note? We didn't need one for Disney - we were told they don't even look at it because of privacy laws. I have a check up at the doctor tomorrow, so I will ask then. Our son is at the higher functioning end of the autistic spectrum, meaning he is verbal and has good eye contact....so our guest assistance at Disney allowed us to enter certain attractions through the exit and not have to wait in larger crowds for as long. I was so happy last year we were there we could do away with using a stroller, as he had greatly improved in handling any sensory overload that we might have faced. I'll have a picture schedule to assist him as well. Thanks again for your suggestions! :wave:

UPDATE:
Just got off the phone with guest services...they refer to it as an attraction assistance pass - it sounds similar to a fastpass; if there's a certain wait for an attraction, they give you a specific time to come back. It apparently also applies to the Wizarding World area as well. And a doctor's note isn't required, I was told. I'll take one along however just in case.

Last edited:
Sometime next month I think my family and I are staying the weekend at one of the on-site hotels...so...early admission! Yes! I'm so excited.
By the way, if anyone is interested--there's a petition on Twitter right now for Warner Bros. to release the Comic-Con Deathly Hallows footage.
http://twitition.com/8ape7

I will probably call guest services today - but Universal requires the doctor note? We didn't need one for Disney - we were told they don't even look at it because of privacy laws. I have a check up at the doctor tomorrow, so I will ask then. Our son is at the higher functioning end of the autistic spectrum, meaning he is verbal and has good eye contact....so our guest assistance at Disney allowed us to enter certain attractions through the exit and not have to wait in larger crowds for as long. I was so happy last year we were there we could do away with using a stroller, as he had greatly improved in handling any sensory overload that we might have faced. I'll have a picture schedule to assist him as well. Thanks again for your suggestions! :wave:

UPDATE:
Just got off the phone with guest services...they refer to it as an attraction assistance pass - it sounds similar to a fastpass; if there's a certain wait for an attraction, they give you a specific time to come back. It apparently also applies to the Wizarding World area as well. And a doctor's note isn't required, I was told. I'll take one along however just in case.

Well great, glad they could help your family out. As far as the doctors note, policies change and its been a while since we went with our freinds who have special needs.At the time they were required to have a note and there disease required them to be out of the sun. Could be a case by case scenario as well but anyways have fun.

I visited WWOHP for the first time yesterday, and let me start out by saying that Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is my new favorite ride in the history of ever. I walked off the ride just like I walked out of Inception: not entirely sure of what I just experienced, but upon reflection, having the need to rewatch (or in this case, reride) it over and over again. I ate at the Three Broomsticks as well, which exceeded my expectations (some of the best Shepherd's Pie I've ever tasted, and I've been to GB). I love butterbeer, but I highly recommend drinking it by itself, not with a meal; it gets one quite queasy. I got a wand in the Owl Post (Ivy, 11 inches) and didn't get to experience Ollivanders, but only because of the long wait times. I'll be there again today, so I'll get to visit the rest of the park's rides (Hippogriff, DC).

Has it always been $4.25 for frozen butterbeer refills in the stein? Also, a couple of effects aren't working/working properly on FJ, but I'll post those in the spoilers thread.

Just thought I would. Share the line for the fj is in to jp and back around all the way down to the owl post

Just got back from Universal about 20 minutes ago and had a great time. I have some pictures to share with everyone, I hope you enjoy them. A few notes about the pictures. I got there at 9:20 am and the line to get in started in Toon Lagoon just before Dudley's bridge. A family in front of me asked an employee how long and there reply was 90 minutes from here just to get into the WWoHP. The family shrieked and I being a nice person talked them into staying in line and to trust me. 15 minutes later we were in, and I was there hero lol.

The FJ queue was crazy long, and I have not followed the thread in regards to the wait times for it but out of the seven ( I think) times I have been since opening I have never seen it like this. Got two rides in, single rider was a walk on. I only did two because time was limited but I easily could have gotten 10 rides in within an hour or so. Seriously no one was using it! Anyways on to the pics and those wondering about FJ effects working and not working I am putting that in the FJ spoiler thread. Thanks for reading and enjoy! :wave:

Part I

1235l7b.jpg

2vxjced.jpg

qx324k.jpg

15e9xsj.jpg

10rtzbb.jpg

o6g2dt.jpg

opwmm0.jpg

jl7bc8.jpg

nv79sp.jpg

2cghs45.jpg

I just returned from IOA a few minutes ago and I agree with hatetofly, that is the longest I have seen the que for FJ in the five times I have been since GO. Single riders wasn't an option for me as I was with a friend and we had 4 kids with us and the kids like to ride together. I was wondering if the back up was for the lockers as when we were in JP we could see the que moving pretty quick in the greenhouse.

Nice pictures! Any idea how long the actual standby line was for FJ today?

Once you actually got to the castle entrance it was 90 minutes, but it would take another 30-45 minutes just to get to the castle entrance.

Is that a kitty at the bottom of the picture. Looks like one having a sip of water... EDIT: Maybe it is a crane and what I thought was a tail is actually a neck...

2yngj0m.jpg

Last edited: