The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 91 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don’t think we are allowed to do any posts of what is in the ride. Our accounts can be banned.

http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/showthread.php?4111-**Please-Read**-Potter-Pictures-Information

Well, the admins of this site have let that rule fly a long time ago... We have had Cobras and Vehicles(blocked), Vehicles(blocked) Vehicles...oh well ok... But don't post anything or else.... we will deny yet pander to the masses all over again. I would rather think that I am enjoying a website that has no interest in attending the grand opening. No interest in pandering to Corps. We are after secrets that we should not know. I know that I have seen a ton of stuff that I cannot even talk about on here at all as I don't want anyone fired from their jobs. But if I get the go ahead... then I will throw it out here... and if not here... elsewhere.

Last edited:
Also note that with using Screen Goo, you could also do a rear projection system instead of front projection. Just a thought.

An excellent one and one I'm personally exploring. I should tell you that this is sort of a puzzle for me too. I am just somewhat further down the path than you are and I'm actually using your assistance to figure all of this out.

--- Update ---

I don’t think we are allowed to do any posts of what is in the ride. Our accounts can be banned.

http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/showthread.php?4111-**Please-Read**-Potter-Pictures-Information

UGH! I didn't realize this. I guess we should stop this puzzle. I don't wish to be banned and I believe my information does constitute knowledge about the ride.

BriMan can you elaborate. If I don't provide any new images, but create a discussion on the technology used within The Forbidden Journey, am I violating the trust of this forum?

cat3.jpg

I'm disappointed. lol

I knew about Screen Goo because not long ago my dad was shopping for a projector and I just came across that while shopping around online.

I had never heard of the stuff, but once I started my research I became amazed at what the stuff is capable of. (Not the paint by itself, but how it can be applied in conjunction with it's surface and the effects it can create.)

--- Update ---

cat3.jpg

I'm disappointed. lol

I love that picture. That is so adorable. I want to just kiss that kitty.

Like everyone here, I don't want to get anyone in trouble.

I saw this only as a game that we could share to pass the weeks before a soft opening and everything would be simply revealed. I assure you, my source had a similar intention in mind. Nobody wants to ruin and/or hurt anyone's experience.

If anything I started is inappropriate, please accept my apologies. Personally, I am passionate about this stuff and can't get enough information. I don't do this at the expense of Universal and the amazing team of artists that are working so hard to create this experience for all of us. I have nothing but affection for all those who are helping to realize this project.

I had never heard of the stuff, but once I started my research I became amazed at what the stuff is capable of. (Not the paint by itself, but how it can be applied in conjunction with it's surface and the effects it can create.)

So... ScottInNY... is this insider info or just fun research on your part. I don't get the connection at all. Is this a secret that was told to you by an inside source?

Are you implying Screen Goo can achieve real 3-D with out glasses? :pray:

Not "real" 3D, but if you start researching how 3D without glasses is done, you will start to see some patterns of technology and one in particular stands out as a possibility for The Forbidden Journey.

That's a part of the picture. The rest is figuring out how and when it's going to be used, in what capacity.

--- Update ---

So... ScottInNY... is this insider info or just fun research on your part. I don't get the connection at all. Is this a secret that was told to you by an inside source?

Yes. But, there is still a lot for me to figure out. What I know only opens some very exciting possibilities. I wanted the forum's assistance in figuring out - or just speculating - what the possibilities mean.

Screen Goo is confirmed. There is still more that is "fact" and hasn't been shared, but there is also a whole lot of "WOW... How are they going to use this technology?"

Last edited:
Not "real" 3D, but if you start researching how 3D without glasses is done, you will start to see some patterns of technology and one in particular stands out as a possibility for The Forbidden Journey.

That's a part of the picture. The rest is figuring out how and when it's going to be used: in what capacity.

well that would have to be a corrugated screen... and would have to be a very still moment or a vehicle synced very tightly with the screen as it moves. Corrugated is much like the coverings on video packaging that allow you to see one thing on the package from an angle and something else from another angle. Electronics television companies are working to make this tech work without glasses... not sure where it is at this point.

Last edited:
well that would have to be a corrugated screen... and would have to be a very still moment or a vehicle synced very tightly with the screen as it moves. Corrugated is much like the coverings on video packaging that allow you to see one thing on the package from an angle and something else from another angle. Companies are working to make this tech work without glasses... not sure where it is at this point.

I read about this technology in my own research, and the really cool stuff they they are doing with LCD walls that are spaces so carefully that they actually allow some pixels to be seen by the left eye and others to be seen by the right creating true 3D. I don't think they are using these technologies. But, I came across them in my own research last night and early this morning until I stumbled across...

Are you implying Screen Goo can achieve real 3-D with out glasses? :pray:

No, the screen (or painted screen) itself cannot achieve this effect. Screen Goo does have a silver option that can be used in conjunction with 3D technology though.

Screen Goo has been around for quite some time, I am a big home theater buff and have read about Screen Goo when I was just a wee lad (lol) and used to dream of my own projection system. It's a low cost and interesting solution for a projection screen.

I figure the Whomping Willow section of the ride will have effects to make you feel like you are outside. I wonder if where the Whomping Willow is contained, if the room is dome shaped which could easily be painted with Screen Goo for use with a projection system. Seems the most plausible idea.

No, the screen (or painted screen) itself cannot achieve this effect. Screen Goo does have a silver option that can be used in conjunction with 3D technology though.

Screen Goo has been around for quite some time, I am a big home theater buff and have read about Screen Goo when I was just a wee lad (lol) and used to dream of my own projection system. It's a low cost and interesting solution for a projection screen.

I figure the Whomping Willow section of the ride will have effects to make you feel like you are outside. I wonder if where the Whomping Willow is contained, if the room is dome shaped which could easily be painted with Screen Goo for use with a projection system. Seems the most plausible idea.

Don't know. But what an amazing idea. You're on to something here.

--- Update ---

Universal, if you're reading this and are at all concerned about this direction, private me. I won't tell you my source, but I will stop this puzzle. I truly do honor your efforts and want to respect your wishes.

Don't know. But what an amazing idea. You're on to something here.

I keep trying to come up with other uses for Screen Goo but, honestly, that's all I can think of. I do find this really interesting that they are going this route as I never thought an attraction like this would think of using it. The good thing about it is that there are so many options as far as color goes that they can tweak it until the desired effect looks perfect. All it takes is another layer of Screen Goo.

I keep trying to come up with other uses for Screen Goo but, honestly, that's all I can think of. I do find this really interesting that they are going this route as I never thought an attraction like this would think of using it. The good thing about it is that there are so many options as far as color goes that they can tweak it until the desired effect looks perfect. All it takes is another layer of Screen Goo.

I think you're very on to something. We were promised that it would be difficult to know when we were inside or out.

BTW... I made a mistake a few days ago when the ride vehicles were posted. I said that the design of the benches had been changed from country to choir stall style. That was based on tiny diagrams I was shown... I have since been shown hi-res versions of the diagrams I had seen... just because one of my contacts thought I was posting stupid info... Once I saw the hi-res images... I can confirm that the choir stall style benches have been in the plans since the diagrams were drawn one or three or more years ago.