The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 93 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Full 3D screens that even cover your ability to see in all directions therefore allowing for more movement in a more limited space. Eh?

And I would more than LOVE to read all of today's pages, but I need to eat. Recapitulations? :D

well that would have to be a corrugated screen... and would have to be a very still moment or a vehicle synced very tightly with the screen as it moves. Corrugated is much like the coverings on video packaging that allow you to see one thing on the package from an angle and something else from another angle. Electronics television companies are working to make this tech work without glasses... not sure where it is at this point.

The technical term for this is LENTICULAR. But yes Teebin, like you said, for that to work in my opinion you only can move ever so slightly for the image to change, and once youve gone too far, it would "reset" so to speak.

OK...screen goo, 3d without glasses, peripheral vision...Im gonna go out on a limb here and say there are hemispherical screens that encapsulate the ride vehicle as it moves. I mean we have all seen them in the photos that Shellemonster (I think it was) posted several weeks ago. the only problem i have with this idea is that it would have to be rear projected if it covers the entire bench. i like these riddles scott, keep them coming. its alot of fun.

ScottInNY. I thought you were finished with your secret. Now this? How will we ever know what the end answer is?

When your heart goes, "WOW!"

--- Update ---

Hmm, is this tied into the Screen Goo clue? I'm assuming the end game is something that will cover our total field of vision. Other than that I have no clue of what to think about this clue. lol.

Funny, because you're completely on track.

--- Update ---

The technical term for this is LENTICULAR. But yes Teebin, like you said, for that to work in my opinion you only can move ever so slightly for the image to change, and once youve gone too far, it would "reset" so to speak.

OK...screen goo, 3d without glasses, peripheral vision...Im gonna go out on a limb here and say there are hemispherical screens that encapsulate the ride vehicle as it moves. I mean we have all seen them in the photos that Shellemonster (I think it was) posted several weeks ago. the only problem i have with this idea is that it would have to be rear projected if it covers the entire bench. i like these riddles scott, keep them coming. its alot of fun.

Not rear projected. I was confused by this, too. But I've been told front projections. And, "hemispherical" dome screens are definitely a part of this puzzle, but not at all times. (Think about this...)

Hmm, I wonder if they would do a hemispherical screen on a Kuka arm that would move along with the ride vehicle, that would be interesting.

I could see something like this being part of the ride and then when that particular ride segment is over you'll transition to another scene which would provide smooth transitions. But, this could possibly be too ambitious.

Hmm, I wonder if they would do a hemispherical screen on a Kuka arm that would move along with the ride vehicle, that would be interesting.

I could see something like this being part of the ride and then when that particular ride segment is over you'll transition to another scene which would provide smooth transitions. But, this could possibly be too ambitious.

You are so close... I have more details, but you're on to something. No need for the domes to be on KUKA arms though. Smooth transitions gets a :smiley:

--- Update ---

Does anyone live in California? There are these wonderful burgers that can only be gotten at this truly sinfully delicious fast food chain. (I'm not sure if they exist outside of the West Coast.)

Anyway, combine the name of this fast food chain and the domes...

You are so close... I have more details, but you're on to something. No need for the domes to be on KUKA arms though. Smooth transitions gets a :smiley:

LOL...so cryptic. I always wondered how they will use multiple domes (I'm assuming) or even one dome screen and then transition to physical sets...I never could figure out how the transition would work without it being totally noticeable. Unless, the domes aren't in one piece and can be separated to allow the ride vehicle to pass through them.

When your heart goes, "WOW!"
Not rear projected. I was confused by this, too. But I've been told front projections. And, "hemispherical" dome screens are definitely a part of this puzzle, but not at all times. (Think about this...)

I'm stumped! I want to guess that props or set pieces appear between the ride vehicle and the screen, but this could cause projection issues. I'm trying to balance the fact that the ride uses screens, like Simpsons, but requires a ride track and travels throughout that enormous show building. So somehow, FJ uses both "hemispherical" screens and live-action props and sets. Would they use blackouts to transition between the two, like they (sort-of) do in Poseidon's Fury when the walls raise and lower?

I personally enjoy the riddles, ScottInNY -- and I actually think it adds to your credibility. Any joker can pretend to have inside information from their "source" and just spill it in one post. It's hard to make crap up in riddle format, unless you're a REAL jerk. (See how I made you feel either really good or really bad?)

--- Update ---

Does anyone live in California? There are these wonderful burgers that can only be gotten at this truly sinfully delicious fast food chain. (I'm not sure if they exist outside of the West Coast.)

In-n-out?

Okay, you're a designer on The Forbidden Journey project. You love the books and movies and have a pretty good idea of the "world". The ride you're working on is going to take place in many locations. Some indoors and some outdoors. You want the ride to tell a story and to live in the context of that story, so it has to make some physical sense. The cool part is the world has a lot of opportunities for some great "transitions" as this world contains magic.

How would you get from location to location?

[/COLOR]Does anyone live in California? There are these wonderful burgers that can only be gotten at this truly sinfully delicious fast food chain. (I'm not sure if they exist outside of the West Coast.)

In-and-Out Hemispheres?
Carl's Jr Domes?
Jack-in-the-Box Kukas!?

Tell me what it -- HICCUP -- is!!!

-- Update --

Floo-powder domes...?
Spinning through Apparition -- of Hot n' Now?

Last edited:
On another note...

I'm posting this here (instead of the spoiler thread) because it seems this is where it's at for everything WWoHP.

I was observing this picture from the FJ spoiler thread, and either said picture is wrong, the American Scenic is wrong, or they both are wrong. Look at the way the ride travels after Aragog in American Scenic, then in said picture.

*FJ spoiler pics if you click the links*

American Scenic (you can also see the yellow that Tbad was referring to, I highlighted what I believe he was referring to in green)

Said Picture (This picture doesn't seem to have much validity in the first place, imho)

They just don't match up.

I'm guessing it's not "Carl's Jr. Domes..."

So, In-and-Out Hemispheres? That...makes sense, given your remarks about transitions. But in and out of where or what?