The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 94 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Magic and smoke...lol. Also, as others have said, In-N-Out seems like the chain you were referring too...which would mean breakable domes that can separate allowing the ride vehicle through to the next scene? Maybe? lol.

Holy deep-fried goodness, that would be awesome!

I'm stumped! I want to guess that props or set pieces appear between the ride vehicle and the screen, but this could cause projection issues. I'm trying to balance the fact that the ride uses screens, like Simpsons, but requires a ride track and travels throughout that enormous show building. So somehow, FJ uses both "hemispherical" screens and live-action props and sets. Would they use blackouts to transition between the two, like they (sort-of) do in Poseidon's Fury when the walls raise and lower?

I personally enjoy the riddles, ScottInNY -- and I actually think it adds to your credibility. Any joker can pretend to have inside information from their "source" and just spill it in one post. It's hard to make crap up in riddle format, unless you're a REAL jerk. (See how I made you feel either really good or really bad?)

I hope I'm not a real jerk. I am just very honored to have made a new friend - because of these posts - who is totally charged by our passion and is doing their best to get through crunch time. (Let's take a moment and think about all those workers, frantically getting everything - every last detail - done before softs begin.) My new friend is the person to thank. Unfortunately, they too have to be cryptic to protect themselves.

As I've typed before, Universal is listening and this and other forums is the much needed energy that they are using to get through this very deadline driven time.

SO EVERYONE TAKE A MOMENT AND SAY A PRAYER TO THE GODS AND GODDESS OF THEMED ENTERTAINMENT

Last edited:
Maybe we will go through a complex effect that makes the transition from location to location. This is too much for my brain at the moment lol.

Gods of Theme Park Entertainment...AMEN!

BTW... Teebin posted a really cool illustration a while back regarding a carousel of domes. I can't verify that particular drawing, but if someone wants to bring that forward, it might be worth another look.

Domes? lol.

Domes going in and out of domes!? Then...what is the final or original dome? The.....BIO-Dome!?

....I sure hope not...

Okay, sorry, back to topic. This would make sense if the dome is able accomodate the KUKA arm beneath the ride vehicle -- but wow, this effect is great to imagine. Rides such as "Soarin" and even the Ellen Energy ride at Epcot show that your eyes are just as easily manipulated as your body (relatively, of course). Mixing visible motion with the KUKA -- *Ridegasm*

So...it could be a spherical dome that projects an image that shows an environment that could be seen from all angles. Then when the transition kicks in...it expands and breaks into separate pieces until the next dome scene...kind of like this:

Day10_Sublet3.jpg

Scott, was I close on the breakable domes? I mean, I could see that working somehow...but it could be a bit ambitious as well. lol.

Don't know about breakable domes, but do we need them to break? Remember, we're on KUKA robotic arms and we can quickly be moved in and out of the dome and our viewpoint can be positioned almost instantly.

Domes going in and out of domes!? Then...what is the final or original dome? The.....BIO-Dome!?

....I sure hope not...

Okay, sorry, back to topic. This would make sense if the dome is able accomodate the KUKA arm beneath the ride vehicle -- but wow, this effect is great to imagine. Rides such as "Soarin" and even the Ellen Energy ride at Epcot show that your eyes are just as easily manipulated as your body (relatively, of course). Mixing visible motion with the KUKA -- *Ridegasm*

With this post, I ask anyone who's interested in this game to do a Google search on Elumens VisionStations. I can't verify the brand, just the concept.

Also, remember, in and out and in and out and in again...

Add transitions and traveling within the Harry Potter world... (I'm making this too easy...)

Don't know about breakable domes, but do we need them to break? Remember, we're on KUKA robotic arms and we can quickly be moved in and out of the dome and our viewpoint can be positioned almost instantly.

The thing is, the transitions wouldn't be smooth since you would feel like the ride vehicle is going down and then back up to another dome...at least it seems like it wouldn't be a smooth transition. Then you have the physical aspects of the ride, how will they make it a smooth transition from dome to physical sets. Hmm.