The WWE Thread | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

The WWE Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
*Shane get's on top of the Jerrytron, asks the Undertaker why his penguin looks like a Rabbi, this image shows up on the Jerrytron...

Bar Mitzvahs must be killer with him.jpg

Undertaker and everyone else in the audience looks stunned while Shane jumps*

Probably won't happen, but boy it's gonna' get weird when WWE starts marketing that.

Reactions: anihilnation
Hoping for a crazy bump but Shane is 46 and hasn't done one in quite some time. Can't recall him doing one in the last feud he was in with Orton.

Went back and watched some of his old stuff on the Network, the match with Angle is still brutal. Definitley Shane's best match. Looking back in the year 2001 he was almost a full time wrestler, had a lot of matches that year

I watched a behind the scenes video about that match and credit where it's due, the man is beyond dedicated.

WrestleMania 33 to be in Orlando. 3rd Mania in Florida in 10 years, 2nd in Orlando in 9 years. Must be good to be a Floridian!

Hoping to get a Mania back here in the NY/NJ area sooner than later. Probably not likely until we get closer to 40. Didn't get to WM20 or 29, even though 29 was trash.(Went to Raw the next night and it was a far better show). But getting to Mania is a bucket list item for sure. I've heard Philly rumored for awile now, that's a road trip I'd make

So it's been officially announced. I'm not sure how I feel about ditching the Roman numerals on the logo in favor of something representing the city. I think McMahon said something about it making WrestleMania feel "old". I don't think that's stopped anyone from watching the Super Bowl. Maybe I'm just being too nitpicky.

So it's been officially announced. I'm not sure how I feel about ditching the Roman numerals on the logo in favor of something representing the city. I think McMahon said something about it making WrestleMania feel "old". I don't think that's stopped anyone from watching the Super Bowl. Maybe I'm just being too nitpicky.

They've ditched the numeral for the past few years now. Said they wanted the logo to represent the city more, and yes... Not age the event.

Heh, it's cool to see all of you people interested in wrestling. While I'm no longer an active fan, I was one in my younger days. I attended many an event, for their entertainment value, here in Pittsburgh, when this area was one of the hotbeds of professional wresting excellence. Here's a few names from the past, Bruno Sammartino ( National Champ many times), "Jumpin Johnny" DeFazio (Tag Team Champion many times). In fact I had the pleasure of being an acquaintance of Johnny DeFazio for quite a few years when we were both on the Allegheny County Labor Council (Johnny was a Staff member for the USW). He's a very humble and nice person. A perfect gentleman.

Let's just say that WWE creative is failing in regards to hyping Wrestlemania. The only bout I'm heavily interested in (story wise) is Ambrose v Lesnar; especially with Foley's presence. That's going to a bloody mess. Taker/Shane match makes no sense and there's no way Taker loses again at mania. Reigns/HHH is decent but WWE is killing themselves by forcing Broman down our throats. I'm loving the physicality but its just...meh. Jericho/Styles has the chance to steal the show. Dont care about the tag matches. The divas championship is going to be amazing. Those three are incredible wrestlers. IC match will be great if theyd ever announce it.

Either way, out of the 3 main events, only one looks promising.

Let's just say that WWE creative is failing in regards to hyping Wrestlemania. The only bout I'm heavily interested in (story wise) is Ambrose v Lesnar; especially with Foley's presence. That's going to a bloody mess. Taker/Shane match makes no sense and there's no way Taker loses again at mania. Reigns/HHH is decent but WWE is killing themselves by forcing Broman down our throats. I'm loving the physicality but its just...meh. Jericho/Styles has the chance to steal the show. Dont care about the tag matches. The divas championship is going to be amazing. Those three are incredible wrestlers. IC match will be great if theyd ever announce it.

Either way, out of the 3 main events, only one looks promising.

Yeah, all the injuries killed them. I imagine if it wasn't for the injuries, the top matches would be:
Reigns/Lesnar 2 for the title
Rollins/HHH
Taker/Cena

I don't think this card is as bad as people make it out to be. Ambrose/Lesnar should be a classic, a bloody mess like you said. While Taker/Shane makes no sense, the unpredictability of it makes it really interesting. Plus who knows what kind of crazy spot Shane has planned. Reigns/HHH is eh. Only thing interesting about that is if Reigns turns heel, which needs to happen after all the booing. He even got booed on Smackdown.

Everything else is just a thrown together mess. Styles/Jericho is hopefully good but I didn't think the first 3 matches were good. Hopefully they were holding back and can have a show stealer. Another IC title cluster when it should just be Owens/Zayn.

We'll see. I remember last year the build was terrible and we got a good show in the end

If you turn Reigns heel, it's not gonna happen in a match with HHH. Turn him in the weeks following, and give him the entitled douchebag gimmick he was working on in NXT before the Shield.

Think you can pretty much guarantee the loser of the Finn Balor/Samoa Joe match will be debuting at Mania or the night after. Seems like Balor is the more obvious choice with the impending debut of Bullet Club, and the fact there's nothing really left for him to do in NXT. I suppose a feud with Nakamura could be good. But I see Joe sticking around and feuding with the likes of Crews/Aries/Nakamura