Theme Parks: Night Photography | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks: Night Photography

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My shots are only the second time I've taken my DSLR on a theme park trip. You can do it.

For sure. I think I've only taken my DSLR once before to the parks because I just love going on the rides too much, and hate having to stop for lockers :p And lockers hate me too. I was attacked by a locker door in Rockit recently :bang: It hit me right on the eye and it wasn't pleasant... But I guess it was my fault... :lol: I was trying to get stuff out of one to put it into another one, to avoid paying the fee for going over the time limit :lol:

All you need to do is watch a couple of videos online to help get you started. Then just a lot of practice at the parks. I assure you my first couple of visits were real eye openers on the skill level required to get shots. On top of that you can spend hours at the parks taking 500 photos and bring them home and only have 30 quality shots turn out. And that's A REAL GOOD NIGHT:lol:

:inquisitive: Thanks for the encouragement... :lol: I keed, I keed :lol: I know what you mean :thumbs:

Last edited:
All you need to do is watch a couple of videos online to help get you started. Then just a lot of practice at the parks. I assure you my first couple of visits were real eye openers on the skill level required to get shots. On top of that you can spend hours at the parks taking 500 photos and bring them home and only have 30 quality shots turn out. And that's A REAL GOOD NIGHT:lol:

This exactly :thumbs:

Also get out while at home and shoot when you can, take pics of anything and everything just to get used to shooting and different lighting and settings. Heck when first got into this my first shots were of one of my vinylmations setup on my kitchen table :lol:

This exactly :thumbs:

Also get out while at home and shoot when you can, take pics of anything and everything just to get used to shooting and different lighting and settings. Heck when first got into this my first shots were of one of my vinylmations setup on my kitchen table :lol:

I practiced last year with Christmas lights in the neighborhood a lot. It's all trial and error mixed in with a hint of talent and a lot of luck :lol:

The one shot I have been wanting to try for the longest is setting up the camera outside on a clear night and while shooting in bulb mode take a super long exposure, like 20-30min so you get the stars streaking across the sky. One of these days ill try

IMG_8135.jpg

I just wanted to post this before and after shot of this picture I took for anyone curious on how I get some of the shots I do. Shot with a Rokinon 8mm fisheye lens, 15 second exposure, F11, ISO 100

Before - Straight out of the camera and uploaded into Lightroom which does alter a few settings but is very minimal.

Before by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

After

I start by uploaded it into Lightroom and then from there I send it to Nik Color Efex to add some filters. I either used the tonal or pro contrast and then a little detail extractor. From there went back into Lightroom and tweak a few things, clarity, sharpness stuff like that. And here is what I got. It really isn't too hard and really after some messing around and experimenting really anyone can do it, no Photoshop required.

Ariel's Fountain by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Last edited: