Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 93 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of a massive bummer that every time there seems to be a valid crack in the parks' current reopening, everyone here seems to come out in full force defending them. This is genuinely important and not something to mess up. We all want to see the parks thrive (I'm still largely excited to visit HS in two weeks), but there's nothing wrong with acknowledging when things get sloppy and can be improved especially as one of the COVID epicenters of the world right now. There's been quite a significant uptick in complaints on social media this weekend (with quite a bit of proof) and most of it seems like it's coming from regular guests and not "theme park twitter". Universal can do better than what we saw this weekend and there's nothing wrong with calling them out on it. I also don't think this is a TM issue and don't want to seem like that's where my blame lies. From every TM I know, they're still fighting their hardest with guests frequently during each shift to get some to wear their mask. They're absolutely trying.

Kind of a massive bummer that every time there seems to be a valid crack in the parks' current reopening, everyone here seems to come out in full force defending them. This is genuinely important and not something to mess up. We all want to see the parks thrive (I'm still largely excited to visit HS in two weeks), but there's nothing wrong with acknowledging when things get sloppy and can be improved especially as one of the COVID epicenters of the world right now. There's been quite a significant uptick in complaints on social media this weekend (with quite a bit of proof) and most of it seems like it's coming from regular guests and not "theme park twitter". Universal can do better than what we saw this weekend and there's nothing wrong with calling them out on it. I also don't think this is a TM issue and don't want to seem like that's where my blame lies. From every TM I know, they're still fighting their hardest with guests frequently during each shift to get some to wear their mask. They're absolutely trying.
Can they improve? Sure

Are people going to take their masks off here and there regardless, yes

Especially after disaster fatigue starts to set in and people get more comfortable

Also the epicenter of the world is in Latin America, so yeah

Latin America: The global epicenter of COVID-19

Can they improve? Sure
Which is why it's worth discussing in the thread revolving around how parks are reopening their operations.

Are people going to take their masks off here and there regardless, yes

Especially after disaster fatigue starts to set in and people get more comfortable
Absolutely. That's partially why I said I don't blame TMs here. Universal has a capacity issue on their hands. It would be one thing if people were taking their masks off when the parks had good distancing and capacity at play, but Universal was absolutely overly-crowded this weekend. They need to reconsider some steps.

Also the epicenter of the world is in Latin America, so yeah
I made sure to specify one of rather than "the" for a reason :lol:

Reactions: Frogki and n i c k
Absolutely. That's partially why I said I don't blame TMs here. Universal has a capacity issue on their hands. It would be one thing if people were taking their masks off when the parks had good distancing and capacity at play, but Universal was absolutely overly-crowded this weekend. They need to reconsider some steps.
Which steps? How much more should they limit capacity?

I made sure to specify one of rather than "the" for a reason :lol:
California has 100,000 cases more than Florida and Cuomo already killed all the elderly in New York so it's no longer the top

Which steps? How much more should they limit capacity?
From someone who hasn't gone yet, it seems like Disney's reservation system is far safer and better implemented than Universal's decision to drop significantly discounted deals and allow for a free-for-all essentially. It may be worth going back to the drawing board.

California has 100,000 cases more than Florida and Cuomo already killed all the elderly in New York so it's no longer the top
Again, one of :lol:

Reactions: Frogki
From someone who hasn't gone yet, it seems like Disney's reservation system is far safer and better implemented than Universal's decision to drop significantly discounted deals and allow for a free-for-all essentially. It may be worth going back to the drawing board.
I mean, they can try reservations...people are still going to take them off here and there. It's happening at Disney too

Specifically from an Epcot video in which Tim Tracker made to observation

Again, one of :lol:
We all know what you're trying to say

Reactions: Andysol and Mad Dog
I mean, they can try reservations...people are still going to take them off here and there. It's happening at Disney too

Specifically from an Epcot video in which Tim Tracker made to observation

Already gave my take. No one is expecting perfection, but things aren't acceptable currently either. There is nothing wrong with pointing out where things can improve. I'm not paid by Universal to shill for them lmao.
It would be one thing if people were taking their masks off when the parks had good distancing and capacity at play

We all know what you're trying to say
Soooo just arguing semantics for no reason then? We're in a bad place currently and were just a month ago considered "the" epicenter. Now isn't the time to get sloppy and get worse yet again.

It would be one thing if people were taking their masks off when the parks had good distancing and capacity at play
I doubt it will even be an issue in the next couple of weeks when fall hits and people stop coming again

Look, I'm really not trying to be a jerk, but I do know when the hammer is dropped it's on the TMs that are trying their hardest

It's already a volatile situation and I know you don't think that there's a connection with Theme Park Twitter and the amount of b*tching, but there is a trend there

Countless folks have come back saying that they felt completely safe at Universal and Disney

I'll say I don't think Universal is doing anything less or more better than anyone else to be totally honest

Reactions: Mad Dog
I doubt it will even be an issue in the next couple of weeks when fall hits and people stop coming again

Look, I'm really not trying to be a jerk, but I do know when the hammer is dropped it's on the TMs that are trying their hardest

It's already a volatile situation and I know you don't think that there's a connection with Theme Park Twitter and the amount of b*tching, but there is a trend there

Countless folks have come back saying that they felt completely safe at Universal and Disney

I'll say I don't think Universal is doing anything less or more better than anyone else to be totally honest

A couple of weeks of accepting disappointing conditions isn't alright :shrug: I'm also not saying theme park twitter hasn't complained, but saying that all of the complaining is just essentially fanboy wars is ridiculous when there's blatant evidence and many tweets coming from regular people. I don't feel like talking in circles so I'm out, but I strongly disagree. Universal needs to step up and do better.

A couple of weeks of accepting disappointing conditions isn't alright :shrug:
...But it was literally just last Saturday that people were griping about

They've already added hours and I'm guaranteeing you TMs got in trouble

Angry Tweets get people fired and restrictions placed on something that's already quite restricted

One picture of someone with a mask off for 30 seconds gets picked up as a news story

...But it was literally just last Saturday that people were griping about

They've already added hours and I'm guaranteeing you TMs got in trouble

Angry Tweets get people fired and restrictions placed on something that's already quite restricted

One picture of someone with a mask off for 30 seconds gets picked up as a news story
Again. The TMs are absolutely not at fault here. They are already constantly battling guests over this. They can quite literally only do so much while also doing their actual pre-COVID job. And one whole extra hour is great for the TMs who are struggling to get their hours in, but it's only going to do so much to spread the crowds out during the peak hours of the day.

It isn't just one picture either, but you just keep ignoring everything else that is stated.

The point being (which started all of this) -- this is a serious situation. This is the thread for said situation. When potential situations arise, we should be able to discuss without you guys joking about how we're being stupid and it's "one picture" and get over it and go complain about other fanboy things like Epcot. It's ridiculous and serves no purpose. If you don't want to discuss the ramifications of the reopening of the parks, this isn't the thread for you. You don't need to shut it down for no reason.

I contacted Universal to let them know that their current security queue is not working. I want them to be as good as they can be.

I just didn’t see many mask issues on Wednesday. Except that one guy that vaped in the Fallon preshow.

Like I said though, every experience will vary. Who you encounter in your visit will be different than who I encounter. And it wasn’t nearly as busy when I was there as it was yesterday.

I agree though, TMs are trying. I’ve had wonderful TM experiences.

I contacted Universal to let them know that their current security queue is not working. I want them to be as good as they can be.
Which is genuinely all I would like here. Productive conversation rather than overt shutting down of discussion. Major props to you.

I just didn’t see many mask issues on Wednesday. Maone. That guy that vaped in the Fallon preshow.
And I'm super glad to hear this (not so much Fallon vaper :lol:), but the weekends (especially this one) seem to be the specific nightmare unfortunately.

Like I said though, every experience will vary. Who you encounter in your visit will be different than who I encounter. And it wasn’t nearly as busy when I was there as it was yesterday.

I agree though, TMs are trying. I’ve had wonderful TM experiences.

Absolutely. They're busting their humps out there and are getting absolutely berated. They're doing their best and don't deserve the blame here.[/QUOTE]

Again. The TMs are absolutely not at fault here. They are already constantly battling guests over this. They can quite literally only do so much while also doing their actual pre-COVID job. And one whole extra hour is great for the TMs who are struggling to get their hours in, but it's only going to do so much to spread the crowds out during the peak hours of the day.

It isn't just one picture either, but you just keep ignoring everything else that is stated.

The point being (which started all of this) -- this is a serious situation. This is the thread for said situation. When potential situations arise, we should be able to discuss without you guys joking about how we're being stupid and it's "one picture" and get over it and go complain about other fanboy things like Epcot. It's ridiculous and serves no purpose. If you don't want to discuss the ramifications of the reopening of the parks, this isn't the thread for you. You don't need to shut it down for no reason.
I never said there was just "one picture"

But "one picture" can lead to a big problem

Speaking in empty platitudes like "they need to do better" also doesn't help said thread

Reservations don't quell the issues you presented

There's doing a fantastic job, and then there's tightening the screw to get the unreachable 100 percent compliance

I never said there was just "one picture"

But "one picture" can lead to a big problem

Speaking in empty platitudes like "they need to do better" also doesn't help said thread

Reservations don't quell the issues you presented

There's doing a fantastic job, and then there's tightening the screw to get the unreachable 100 percent compliance
We had a literal live stream yesterday. It's not misleading angles or anything at this point, man.

And whatever. I'm not here saying I have the answers. I'm saying I see a problem worth discussing :shrug:

Last edited:
Theme park Twitter loses their minds

The theme park fanboyism is a pet peeve of mine too, Schmoofy was pulling this when CityWalk reopened and people called him out over it. It's irresponsible.

But that doesn't appear to be the case here. You can see in OI's video things spiraled out of control and I'd hardly call the website that buys out UOR multiple times a year an anti-Universal source. And their evidence is supported by other first-hand reports. Constantly trying to go "yeah but" is shutting down the conversation or attempting to derail it, expand upon your views some so we can understand where you are coming from.

expand upon your views some so we can understand where you are coming from.
One Saturday does not constitute alarm and expecting 100 percent mask wearing compliance at all times is silly

Crowds are expected, and a good thing. Reservations do not change how long the line is for crepes. TMs continue to enforce where they can.

An extra hour has been added to the park hours, TMs have been talked to, the mass hysteria is uncalled for.

I think that's about it. I'm honestly not sure what else there is to say other than the crowds are coming back and it's a good thing.

I wouldn't be carrying on about it if I didn't think that news sites like WESH view boards like this and other blogs/Twitter for theme park news.

If you all want the parks to be shut down again then that's fine, and I suppose level of 'concern' is dependent on the individual.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.