Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 96 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went to Magic Kingdom today (my first time visiting Disney since January). Overall, I had a good day! I arrived around 11:15 and left at 4:30, and in that time, I hit 10 rides. Longest waits were 20-25 mins for Big Thunder and SDMT. Mask compliance was good, but I was disappointed that a lot of people were walking around eating and drinking when Disney made a big deal about banning that; not once did I see a CM stop this. Outside of those instances, everyone was wearing their masks properly. It was really strange entering the park and hearing little noise; you could talk to someone and not have to raise your voice loudly. Likewise, walking around the hub with lots of space felt great.

I might be heading to Universal tomorrow; I'm curious to see what's changed since the AP preview.

I just went to Magic Kingdom today (my first time visiting Disney since January). Overall, I had a good day! I arrived around 11:15 and left at 4:30, and in that time, I hit 10 rides. Longest waits were 20-25 mins for Big Thunder and SDMT. Mask compliance was good, but I was disappointed that a lot of people were walking around eating and drinking when Disney made a big deal about banning that; not once did I see a CM stop this. Outside of those instances, everyone was wearing their masks properly. It was really strange entering the park and hearing little noise; you could talk to someone and not have to raise your voice loudly. Likewise, walking around the hub with lots of space felt great.

I might be heading to Universal tomorrow; I'm curious to see what's changed since the AP preview.
Was the BGM volume reduced?

Reactions: Teebin

Wild. I think the scariest part is how those 4 hotels represent every price range.

That means that Universal is meaningfully seeing declines not only from the middle/lower-middle class (who sadly may have been laid off and are strapped from cash) but also from the wealthy (who are less likely to have financial hardship right now).

Crazy how Disney hasn’t announced hotel closures across every tier.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Wild. I think the scariest part is how those 4 hotels represent every price range.

That means that Universal is meaningfully seeing declines not only from the middle/lower-middle class (who sadly may have been laid off and are strapped from cash) but also from the wealthy (who are less likely to have financial hardship right now).

Somehow I feel like Disney is used to not filling rooms entirely

Disney just hasn’t opened hotels yet. They haven’t even announced the opening dates for more than a few resorts.

Somehow I feel like Disney is used to not filling rooms entirely
This is been said for years and it couldn’t be further from the truth. All the so-called funny business with taking rooms offline to prop up occupancy is one of the biggest online urban legends.

Disney’s hotel occupancy is literally the envy of the entire industry. Well... was.

Reactions: Teebin
This is been said for years and it couldn’t be further from the truth. All the so-called funny business with taking rooms offline to prop up occupancy is one of the biggest online urban legends.

Disney’s hotel occupancy is literally the envy of the entire industry. Well... was.
That's good, if true

So not sure if this should go into another thread but after seeing DTD getting slammed with guests for just Halloween Merch...I have to ask again why is Disney so ok with not opening Disneyland in anyway?

Like I've heard the rumors of unions but man they can't throw together any kinda deal to let people just walk down main street and sell you halloween themed treats and t shirts?

I have to ask again why is Disney so ok with not opening Disneyland in anyway?
I don't know if they are ok with it, or if it's just California

"Theme parks are not permitted to open in California at this time, under current public health orders,"

Source:

Also, Disney Springs was the Wild Wild West when I was there in June...I hope it has improved

Source:

Also, Disney Springs was the Wild Wild West when I was there in June...I hope it has improved

I think the point @Jerroddragon was trying to raise was why Disney doesn't seem to be trying to open through a loophole the same way that SeaWorld and Legoland have.

Source:

I mean Knotts, Sea World and Lego Land have all found ways to open. Each different but Disney the place where they have an hour wait to get into a store...can't figure out how to open the gates in some fashion?

I'm assuming its the unions because I can't for the life of me think of any other reason to not make more money right now.

I think the point @Jerroddragon was trying to raise was why Disney doesn't seem to be trying to open through a loophole the same way that SeaWorld and Legoland have.
It looks like the Legoland opening at least is just a clever workaround. None of the rides are operating.

If Florida is any indication, Disney will always be the elephant in the room. Disneyland will get national attention if they try to open in a clever way. Legoland and SeaWorld can hide under the radar. I think we saw that even Universal Florida‘s opening was far more under-the-radar than Disney World’s was.

Looking at Touring Plans app (TP app adjustments made for actual vs.posted line times), it looks like another busy weekend for Universal Orlando. Of course, all lines, and subsequent times, are adjusted for covid distancing.

Looking at Touring Plans app (TP app adjustments made for actual vs.posted line times), it looks like another busy weekend for Universal Orlando. Of course, all lines, and subsequent times, are adjusted for covid distancing.

Yup. VB is at phase 2 capacity at the moment, (which is common on weekends during the summer, anyway).

Reactions: Mad Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.