Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think it's the right call from a societal standpoint, but I 100% agree with this.

I don't think you could possibly pick a worse time in the company's recent history to make this change. And I mean that in a much bigger sense than just the current economics surrounding the parks. We're not far off from the James Gunn fiasco, and there's arguably less competent leadership involved at this point. Let alone all the people at Imagineering currently or soon to be furloughed.

I think it's absolutely fair to question the likely success of this retheme of one of the greatest overall attractions in Disney history, without questioning its social benefits.

FWIW, sounds like both parks will reopen with OG Splash Mountain before they go under the knife. There will be opportunities for last rides.

dpbwd019840923572837423840239480.jpg

MOD DISCUSSION GUIDELINES

The last thread wavered from the topic at hand and brought up straw men arguments and some politics. Since that was a "what if" thread we were more lenient in discussions. For this thread please stay on topic and don't engage in slippery slope or straw men arguments. We will be moderating this thread, if someone starts to waver off-topic please use the report post feature.
That was so quick my god.

I am the Biggest Splash Mountain Fan (I'm sure ten others are bigger) But the ride is near and dear to me. The ride is basically the same age as me (opened near weeks after i was born) and its been my favorite ride since I can remember.
I will miss it but that being said I love Princess and the Frog, its in my top ten animated Disney Films and think the music and sets will be fantastic. If done right and money is put into it then this could out do Splash.

That's my hope that while I'm losing my favorite attraction something better comes from it. I would not have done this but I understand why they are and will buy a T shirt for the new ride day one I'm sure.

Here's my gut reaction half an hour after the announcement:
  • Like Frozen this feels like the ride system is alienating those most interested in the experience, which sucks.
  • I believe the movie and Tiana deserve their own, from the ground up, new attraction.
  • There are lots of great moments from Splash that I hope they can make work with PatF
  • Compared to other rethemes I'm excited for this one!
  • I'm good with them removing the racist depictions in Jungle Cruise and Peter Pan's Flight while we're at it

To add, a new attraction around the last major handrawn Disney Animated Feature SHOULD be exciting. Especially considering the poor shape TDO has let Orlando Splash slip into at times. It speaks to the failures of modern day Imagineering that anyone is apprehensive about this at all.

I’m very disappointed in Disney over this. They caved to the mob mentality. Can this be good? It better be. Am I excited over this? Not really. But if you’re excited for this, then hey, good for you. Glad you like the idea.

This better be really, really, REALLY good to sell me on this Disney. I hate that they’re changing a classic ride over Twitter outrage.

Meh. For all we know this could have been talked about behind the scenes years ago and the current online chatter helped push it to green light status. I've been a theme park fan long enough to learn how to be cautiously optimistic. This has the potential to be really cool.

Reactions: n i c k and Nico
I'm very excited about this! I think Dig A Little Deeper would be a great finale song. Not sure if they'll do that since it takes place after the movie, but either way - I cant wait.

I know that some people are already groaning about Disney caving to "mob mentality", which in my opinion, makes no sense since a petition and some tweets is not exactly a mob. They listened to the valid concerns of fans - is that so bad? Regardless, this was a long time coming and was in the early stages of production before recent events (as per Disney).

I've been hoping for this since 2014 when I rode with a Black family - two young boys with their parents. As we went along I head the boys ask their parents what movie the ride was based on. The way the parents looked at each other, at a loss on how to answer, really broke my heart. Imagine them having that conversation in the middle of a Disney vacation...

Is it true that this has been in the works for a year now though? That’s what I read somewhere. So it wouldn’t necessarily due to the mob mentality. The concept art looks great and I’m open to change. This a step in the right direction, even though Splash is a classic to me. Hopefully I’ll get to ride it a few more times but this looks like it will be a change for the better.

You know, I'm already hearing some remarks from people of color re: this news that are compelling me to stop talking for a moment and instead listen to what they're saying.

Might benefit everyone else to do the same.

Right decision for Disneyland, not sure about WDW since it'll be in the middle of Frontierland.
This is sort of where i'm at. I know PatF will fit great right near New Orleans Square in DL, but with MK's being in Frontierland, it does make it a bit more awkward. I'm overall actually excited to see the end product here, though.

I’m very disappointed in Disney over this. They caved to the mob mentality. Can this be good? It better be. Am I excited over this? Not really. But if you’re excited for this, then hey, good for you. Glad you like the idea.

This better be really, really, REALLY good to sell me on this Disney. I hate that they’re changing a classic ride over Twitter outrage.
Meh. For all we know this could have been talked about behind the scenes years ago and the current online chatter helped push it to green light status. I've been a theme park fan long enough to learn how to be cautiously optimistic. This has the potential to be really cool.
Disney has said they've been working on it for a year.

I was stationed at Splash for my CP and got to ride that everyday I worked. I still remember getting tested in the event of an evac having to run to different stations and memorizing the routes. Also remember sitting in the tiny break room during a thunderstorm and lightening striking tom sawyer island. Loudest thunderclap I've ever heard. So many great memories. I love it and will miss it, but this is the right decision. Can't wait to see what they come up with!

Reactions: WaterToWade