Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tokyo Disneyland Resort

Right, which would be a disaster. We are seeing a spike for a couple of reasons, the obvious one being that the Olympics are finally postponed. The other reason and the reason why Tokyo is on lock down specifically this weekend is that kids have been inside due to school closures for weeks now and school is officially over for the year and they want to go out, the weather is beautiful and cherry blossoms just hit full bloom. So far hospitals are not being overwhelmed and the goal is to keep it that way but the city is already preparing for things to get worse as we saw from Koike’s press conference today. To be honest this isn’t something that’s going away anytime soon.

The elementary and junior high kids in Urayasu did get a treat from OLC this week when they went in to school this week for closing ceremonies and to turn in homework, which was a nice gesture.
Thanks for the info from someone who's actually there on the ground. Good to have a forum poster that's familiar with the local situation. :thumbsup:

Seeing the people in japan still posting like nothing is happening is concerning. I think they prob would have well delayed this into the Olympics. Glad they cancelled.

Somewhat random post:

I'd been looking for good walkthroughs of Tokyo DisneySea recently, given that the most prominent ones on Youtube aren't wide-angle enough or are shaky.

I thought these one's from Youtuber Blogger coaster were excellent. They remind me of SoCalAttractions 360's walkthroughs of HKDL and Shanghai Disneyland. They're divided by land, so they're rather digestible.

Kinda surprised that we haven't seen very many Fantasy Springs updates on here. Maybe it's time to fix that.

Overhead shot with labels:

1592424233281.png

1592424285750.png

1592424411789.png

New piece of concept art:

1592424366013.png

Once again, Japan is showing all of us how it's done :p

The land will have four rides, which I'll be describing the rumors for them below.

Neverland Section:
  1. The main e-ticket of this section appears to be a simulator experience of some kind, maybe like Flight of Passage at Animal Kingdom.There's also the possibility of it being bigger and better than that, I came across a video by DSNY Newscast on Youtube where he shows what this may possibly look like by using an imagineering clip of a ride system that we haven't seen in the parks before. This speculation starts at around 3:00 minutes in: Sorta reminds me of a Kuka Arm attraction if he is correct.
  2. The second attraction in this land will be a small Tinker Bell boat ride. You can see the layout in the second image from the top of this post. Nothing too fancy, but not a flat ride like everyone was expecting.

Tangled Section:
  1. The only ride in this land appears to be a d-ticket using a simple boat system. A nice comparison is the Storybook Canal ride at Disneyland and It's a Small World. I don't expect this ride to have a height requirement at all.
Frozen Section:
  1. This one is the most interesting ride out of the four, because we don't know what it is. It doesn't appear to be a Frozen Ever After clone. I thought it would be a boat ride using the Shanghai Pirates system, but Toni25 on the Magic forums is saying that it's a trackless dark ride. The ride building is pretty big, so this will be fun to watch.
Thanks to ThemeParx, WDWMagic Forums, and DSNY Newscast for the info.

They're certainly using their space efficiently, which is doubly important considering this is the second-to-last big expansion space for Disneysea before the land to the left of Indiana Jones (presumably for an inevitable Moana expansion).

Ehh, I wouldn't say that it's inevitably Moana. We already have a giant volcano in the park, not sure if they'll want to do another one.

I do expect the next area (whatever it is) to feature a big coaster though. That's probably the only thing that the park is missing. Maybe they'll use the Guardians ride system?

Ehh, I wouldn't say that it's inevitably Moana. We already have a giant volcano in the park, not sure if they'll want to do another one.

I do expect the next area (whatever it is) to feature a big coaster though. That's probably the only thing that the park is missing. Maybe they'll use the Guardians ride system?
I don't think there's a volcano in Moana though. Giant mountains on islands and a volcano like creature, but no prominently featured volcanoes. The fact that the film concerns the ocean's essential role in a civilization's culture is, for me, what makes the I.P an obvious fit at DisneySea. I think the bigger difficulty with Moana would be portraying Polynesian culture in a way unique to the film, without aping too many of the aesthetic trappings already explored in Adventurelands across the world.

Tokyo Japan Disney just announced they will reopen on July 1st.......Guests are required to wear masks, but they will be allowed to remove masks outdoors, as long as they are properly distanced from other guests.

In the mill of speaking..Enchanted Tale of Beauty and The Beast is listed for the Happy 15th program, slated to relaunch on October 1st.

1597531339938.png

Last edited:
Eh.. their maintenance is top notch and they do a wonderful job of preserving the attractions there, but they actually are pretty modest in their investments.

BATB is the first major addition to the park since Monsters Inc in 2009 and before that was Pooh's Hunny Hunt in 2000.