Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Toon Lagoon Theater

I really wish something would be done with TA. It sits empty for about 360 or so days a year, and it used only for Spirit cheerleading competition (which has been held in Fear Factor), some rehearsals, and the occasional meeting or special event. Put in a regular show, tear it down for a ride, something, just don't let this piece of real estate sit unused. What a waste.

Agreed. And smack in the center of the park. Do they still do those Matt Hoffman shows in peak times?

Darn. I always though the Theatre was a bit far from Toon Lagoon but a tad bit too close to the Marvel area to be considered Toon Lagoon. Always felt weird walking past it. Hope they can do something with it in the future though!
It is literally the IOA no man's island...I would think it is going to be a part of whatever replaces Toon Lagoon in the future...as much as I would like to see a Marvel show/new ride

It is literally the IOA no man's island...I would think it is going to be a part of whatever replaces Toon Lagoon in the future...as much as I would like to see a Marvel show/new ride

Agreed. Whatever replaces Toon Lagoon - I'm fully expecting the entire front half of TL to be bulldozed. Popeye/Sweet Haven area are the only things that are safe from demolition IMO since it's just a spectacularlly executed water ride and easily the best river raft ride in any theme park. I'd definitely expect it to get rethemed unless the Sony Animation thing pans out.

Agreed. And smack in the center of the park. Do they still do those Matt Hoffman shows in peak times?

It's been 2-3 years since Matt Hoffman was there; although it didn't fit into the Toon or Marvel themes, it was something else for guests to enjoy during peak season.

It's been 2-3 years since Matt Hoffman was there; although it didn't fit into the Toon or Marvel themes, it was something else for guests to enjoy during peak season.

I really enjoyed it when I saw it. The stunts were great. I wish they'd find something else for the theater, at least for peak seasons.

I'm actually surprised Universal doesn't put much effort into that area, when you can almost guarantee SeaWorld and Busch Parks fill their theaters with extra entertainment now, with touring productions like "Cirque Dreams: Jungle Fantasy," "Burn the Floor," etc. taking up residence in some of their theaters.

I'd love a family dark ride AND show in the front area of Toon Lagoon, but that might require bulldozing :lol: for the record, I want toon theming for the show.

Seriously that front area is a capacity expansion waiting to happen... put a people-eating dark ride and people-eating show, brighten up that area with some Potter-like details - you've got a perfect mid-level addition!

This thread has been dead for a while so I thought I'd resurrect it. Realistic or not how does Marvel Universe Live sound as a replacement for this venue?

This thread has been dead for a while so I thought I'd resurrect it. Realistic or not how does Marvel Universe Live sound as a replacement for this venue?
Since Marvel Universe Live is pretty much just a Marvel version of a touring Disney show (and done by the same production company/Disney is making most of the money), i'm going to say very unlikely.

There was a rumor about a Iron Man coaster going there (not the cinematic Iron Man, the comic book version), but that seems far off at the moment, if even happening at all.

Don't think that area is a priority for now anyway, after Kong they'll probably refurbish Jurassic Park. Theater probably will stay until they redo the whole Toon Lagoon area. That being said, I would love for that launched flying coaster to happen ...

This spot should be a top priority for Creative to take advantage of. Huge waste of dead space and valuable land for the time being.

Potentially just waiting for the TL makeover I would presume?

This spot should be a top priority for Creative to take advantage of. Huge waste of dead space and valuable land for the time being.

Potentially just waiting for the TL makeover I would presume?

In my opinion the area between JPRA and Dudley is the biggest area in need as it is basically a water park at the moment..

Everyone passes by Toon Theater to get to Marvel or Dudley...and it makes money with the games

Not sure if this was ever a plan, but it's not on the board right now.
I actually created an entire thread about it back in June as there was a lot of speculation going on in the King Kong thread:
http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/showthread.php/9040-MSHI-Expansion

This is where the conversation seems to have started in Kong thread:
http://www.orlandounited.com/forums...g-Kong-Speculation-Thread?p=379061#post379061

Seems to have been more blue sky than anything.