Toon Lagoon Theater | Inside Universal Forums

Toon Lagoon Theater

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dec 1, 2009
Orlando
I didn't see any sings or banners up for a show when we walked by today but I heard loud music like a show was going on inside... maybe they are getting ready for something? unless it was a band getting ready for Ellen this weekend

Probably rehearsals for Agrocircus again.

You are most likely correct!

When I was at IoA yesterday, I was able to catch the 4:00 show of Mat Hoffman's Aggro Circus.

Bad picture quality (taken from my phone), but this is the end of the show where they all come out for a photo op.

04-02-11_1618.jpg

You know, they can easly change the show and theme it more to Toon Lagoon (depending on of they lose the Matt Hoffman label). Just a suggestion. :lol:

Last edited:
Saw that Matt Hoffman show today. It's not bad.

I had never been inside that theater and now I DEFINITELY think they should do something with it ALL year. It could be such a good people eater/holder. Haha.

Juuust an idea I had, but I feel it would make an amazing addition to Toon Lagoon if they dozed the theater in place of a wagon and/or sled-skinned minicoaster based on the comic strip, Calvin and Hobbes.

Imagine how fun this could be!

calvin.jpg

calvinandhobbeswinter.gif

Last edited:
And I thought there may be some new info until I realized someone resurrected a 2 year old thread... I've been going to IOA since its inception pretty regularly and came to terms long ago with the fact that for somereason UO is ok with this waste of space after all these years, I mean with as many things in the parks that have come and gone but this theatre STILL sits for the most part empty except for the occasional seasonal show.. Does anyone here even remember what was here opening day? Or was it not even used then...

Last edited:
And I thought there may be some new info until I realized someone resurrected a 2 year old thread... I've been going to IOA since its inception pretty regularly and came to terms long ago with the fact that for somereason UO is ok with this waste of space after all these years, I mean with as many things in the parks that have come and gone but this theatre STILL sits for the most part empty except for the occasional seasonal show.. Does anyone here even remember what was here opening day? Or was it not even used then...

It was a Toon Lagoon show back in the day. Never saw it.

I have expressed my disdain about the Toon Lagoon amphitheater before. The whole area, in fact, is just dreadful. They need to do SOMETHING with it. Right now, this area of the park is really the Achilles heel of IOA. Carnival games, unused theater, chipping paint, visible Spider-Man show building (doubt that would change, but it's not really a big issue). It's just a horrible transition between MSHI and TL.

Something should be done about it.

In addition to the occasional seasonal show, this theater also hold special events and panels that take place at IoA, such as the Harry Potter celebration a while ago. It's where they had all the Q&A panels for that.