Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Toon Lagoon Theater

I actually created an entire thread about it back in June as there was a lot of speculation going on in the King Kong thread:
http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/showthread.php/9040-MSHI-Expansion

This is where the conversation seems to have started in Kong thread:
http://www.orlandounited.com/forums...g-Kong-Speculation-Thread?p=379061#post379061

Seems to have been more blue sky than anything.

There's certainly talk of another Marvel attraction, though I'm not sure the Toon Lagoon theater rumors were more than a red herring.

As it stands, I don't think Toon Lagoon is going anywhere anytime soon.

Probably there would be no room for it, but that launched flyer would be great for JP.

There could be space if they took out the Toon theater and the coaster went over the water. Though visually it would not be fitting as say the Hulk which the surrounding area was designed for. But I do believe this was quite blue sky (Edit: or red herring :cheers:) as was mentioned.

There's certainly talk of another Marvel attraction, though I'm not sure the Toon Lagoon theater rumors were more than a red herring.

As it stands, I don't think Toon Lagoon is going anywhere anytime soon.
Like I said, I didn't think was much more than blue sky anyway. So if it's a red herring, than cool. Wasn't really expecting it anyway. There's a ton of other things on the horizon.

Although I don't think the talk was that Toon Lagoon was going anywhere, I think it was just that MSHI would be absorbing land formerly a part of Toon Lagoon.

This and the Sueuss Trolley that sat empty for years stumps me.. How was this EVER acceptable? So we finally get a working "high in the sky trolley" but we haven't had a "Matt Hoffmans crazy freaking stuntshow" in awhile! And I don't care about the "Matt Hoffman Stunt Show" part, just the fact that it's sat empty most of IOA's life.... What was the original purpose of this building again? And why didn't the original idea work again? It's not like its over water..

This and the Sueuss Trolley that sat empty for years stumps me.. How was this EVER acceptable? So we finally get a working "high in the sky trolley" but we haven't had a "Matt Hoffmans crazy freaking stuntshow" in awhile! And I don't care about the "Matt Hoffman Stunt Show" part, just the fact that it's sat empty most of IOA's life.... What was the original purpose of this building again? And why didn't the original idea work again? It's not like its over water..

There was some sort of cartoon-themed show in the early days of IOA, and it was built for that. Sorry, don't recall the name. I never saw the show, but I understand it was truly dreadful and was therefore shuttered, and a permanent replacement was never done.

I argue we still don't have a working high in the sky trolley because of the height restriction. To me it is still a wasted space because when my child would have been interested in it she was too short. Now she is tall enough and can ride transformers, DM (motion part), etc she is going to have no interest in high in the sky. As an adult I went on once and said, eh, not for me, more of a kid ride. To me it is very similar to PeopleMover only PeopleMover never has a line and therefore makes it worth a nice break or rest, but due to capacity issues the line is longer for high in the sky making it not as nice of a break.

Is it possible they can change the entire structure so that they can make it like the peoplemover? Only problem with that is that if it was truly like people mover they'd need to completely change the ride system to alleviate any lines for the ride.

Is it possible they can change the entire structure so that they can make it like the peoplemover? Only problem with that is that if it was truly like people mover they'd need to completely change the ride system to alleviate any lines for the ride.

Why make it into a people mover? It goes through one quick eatery and has a story line unlike the people mover.
Instead of that they could possibly combine the tracks. Into one route instead of 1 ride with 2 routes.

Why make it into a people mover? It goes through one quick eatery and has a story line unlike the people mover.
Instead of that they could possibly combine the tracks. Into one route instead of 1 ride with 2 routes.
Well, the ride has a horrible capacity for one thing, leading to terribly long waits for an underwhelming attraction. A peoplemover style ride-system would allow for constant loading/unloading, which would greatly increase the amount of people that could ride per hour.

It's not worth the money to do that. They'd tear it down before completely redoing the attraction for a second time.

It's not worth the money to do that. They'd tear it down before completely redoing the attraction for a second time.
Yeah, I get it'd be too costly. I think I mentioned somewhere along the lines it'd probably be too costly. But the Uni parks could really use a ride like that and unfortunately high in the sky has TERRIBLE capacity with the way it is currently configured.

I just love High In The Sky for what it is. It was envisioned as 1 ride but changed restriction made them redo it. Yes it's a shame the smallest kids can't ride it but that is a general problem in theme parks except for Disney that is making a lot of them baby proof. The ride takes up almost no space so no reason to do without it. I'm sure they are building more kiddy proof stuff like the Hogwarts Express or the spinning ride at Simpsons.

There was some sort of cartoon-themed show in the early days of IOA, and it was built for that. Sorry, don't recall the name. I never saw the show, but I understand it was truly dreadful and was therefore shuttered, and a permanent replacement was never done.

The show was called Pandemanium Cartoon Circus and it featured costumed comic book characters performing circus acts, like Olive Oyl walking a tightrope. There was also singing and dancing. The track on the IOA Soundtrack "Funny Business" was the opening number of the show (it actually has lyrics).

The show was really bad.

The show was called Pandemanium Cartoon Circus and it featured costumed comic book characters performing circus acts, like Olive Oyl walking a tightrope. There was also singing and dancing. The track on the IOA Soundtrack "Funny Business" was the opening number of the show (it actually has lyrics).

The show was really bad.

Hence...why it's gone

I think I remember seeing that and it being the only thing at IOA I didn't enjoy...even Sinbad has some good moments

The show was called Pandemonium Cartoon Circus, I can't find any pictures or videos of it
Ask and you shall receive (eventually):

Seems someone found an old recording last year and it finally came out of the shadows for us all to see, for better or worse. As to the show itself I think seeing it once was enough for life. lol It is nice to have this theme park history available nonetheless!

Storybook Amusement also put out a video on the history of the show.

Ask and you shall receive (eventually):

Seems someone found an old recording last year and it finally came out of the shadows for us all to see, for better or worse. As to the show itself I think seeing it once was enough for life. lol It is nice to have this theme park history available nonetheless!

Storybook Amusement also put out a video on the history of the show.

It's not iVillage Live and I see why it got canceled

What a mysterious show though