Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

You guys are going to get me all tied up for the rest of the day reading inspections now. It looks like half of Volcano bay was smacked for operating without a food permit in April

I'm surprised how far and quick this news has spread. To me this is inexcusable for an operation like Universal. Sure these things are going to happen at any restaurant, but to have 17 violations all at once means someone seriously dropped the ball on whatever programs they have in place. The health department is there to keep businesses in line. Small businesses trying to cut corners you expect something like this, large operations with more to lose PR wise should be self regulating so that things like this are minimized and/or never happen.

I'll have no problem eating there again though. Also when it comes to these reports the thing about ice is very common. If you use ice ANYWHERE should probably assume you're getting mold and slime with your drink..

I'm surprised how far and quick this news has spread. To me this is inexcusable for an operation like Universal. Sure these things are going to happen at any restaurant, but to have 17 violations all at once means someone seriously dropped the ball on whatever programs they have in place. The health department is there to keep businesses in line. Small businesses trying to cut corners you expect something like this, large operations with more to lose PR wise should be self regulating so that things like this are minimized and/or never happen.

I'll have no problem eating there again though. Also when it comes to these reports the thing about ice is very common. If you use ice ANYWHERE should probably assume you're getting mold and slime with your drink..

Seriously, when you're in the same situation as a CiCi's pizza and "Hot Dog Station 4" that's not good.

Seriously, when you're in the same situation as a CiCi's pizza and "Hot Dog Station 4" that's not good.
Haha, yeah! Coincidentally I just ate at that Cici's about a month ago. There were flies and the pizza wasn't as fresh. To top it off they charged more than the one by my house which is actually pretty nice.

This place looks amazing. Wonder how the lines are now? Still no reservations? This thread dropped off quickly :)

Planning a WDW trip 18 Mos out (early I know). But we're doing 1 full day with hopper at the 2 main Universal parks. Figure this will be a great dinner place to cap the night . Kids will be 5, 6 and 8.

This place looks amazing. Wonder how the lines are now? Still no reservations? This thread dropped off quickly :)

Planning a WDW trip 18 Mos out (early I know). But we're doing 1 full day with hopper at the 2 main Universal parks. Figure this will be a great dinner place to cap the night . Kids will be 5, 6 and 8.

You should usually be fine just walking in and asking for a table. You might have a little wait, depending on the day and time. I personally enjoyed the food and atmosphere. The chocolate bread is so good.