Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

Wow, a "Spot" from Boston Dynamics. That is cool. I'm sure it's for a limited time (as these are very expensive) but so awesome!
That’s my initial instinct, but they also decorated that thing a lot more than I’d expect for a temporary thing. I feel like there is a long term plan for the robot, but I doubt this is it.

Wow Latte is a Boston Dynamics robot. Not my first thought of what they would be used for but it's cool to see one so kitted out like this.

Guests can now meet Latte, a dynamic Spot robot, outside Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen at Universal CityWalk Orlando.

I am just really confused by this to be honest. I feel like this should be/is a test for something else, bu I have no idea what the something else is and no idea why they'd attach all of the Toothsome stuff to it if that wasn't its purpose.

So, if it is for Toothsome, then just why? The restaurant didn't really need any help drawing people in, so..?

I am just really confused by this to be honest. I feel like this should be/is a test for something else, bu I have no idea what the something else is and no idea why they'd attach all of the Toothsome stuff to it if that wasn't its purpose.

So, if it is for Toothsome, then just why? The restaurant didn't really need any help drawing people in, so..?
The resort needs help drawing people in. Anything they can add as a “new thing” is essential in their attempt to get locals back on property.

I think this is part of the "Toothsome brand" and is one of the small touches to make the place special. Like NBA had a net shoot out front this has the mutt. High tech and steampunk is an aesthetic so I can understand. I would think this venue has a set budget and some room for enhancements so they brought in the dogbot

Guests can now meet Latte, a dynamic Spot robot, outside Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen at Universal CityWalk Orlando.

Yum! Warm steamy Baby Ruth Bars.

Do we know if the robot is actually responding to the commands that the characters are giving or is it being remotely controlled?
These are remote controle but there is a significant amount of AI going on in there with stabilizing. The robot is capable to walk on any surface.

I think Boston Dynamics is testing the public reaction of these robots to general audience. I think it's on loan and they can do whatever they want with it (like they did at Tested (see videos below). I don't expect this to be permanent as indeed the resort neither the restaurant "needs" this.